9th span of Padma Bridge to be installed tomorrow
Published: 07:22 PM, 20 March 2019
The ninth span of the 6.15-kilometer long Padma Bridge would be installed on 34th and 35th pillar at Jajira end in Shariatpur district tomorrow.
“If everything goes well, the 150-meter long ninth span would be installed on two pillars at Jajira point at 11:00am tomorrow,” said Project Director of Padma Multipurpose Bridge M Shafiqul Islam.
He said with the installation of the ninth span at Janjira point, 1,200-meter of the main structure of this mega bridge will become visible, while 150 meters will be visible at Mawa point.
A total of 41 spans will be installed on 42 concrete pillars to complete the bridge. The overall progress of Padma Bridge reached to over 63 percent while over 73 percent work of the main bridge has been done so far.
According to experts, the national economy is expected to witness 1.2 percent GDP growth rate, while 0.84 percent poverty will be reduced every year after completion of the bridge to be built with an estimated cost of Taka 30,193.39 crore.
The first span of the Padma Bridge was installed on September 30, 2017. The second span was installed four months later on January 28, 2018 while the third one was placed on March 11, after one and a half months.
- Rowshan thanks countrymen for showing respect to Ershad
- Man gets life term for raping teenager in Kurigram
- 10 dead, many trapped in Mumbai building collapse
- Why Patience is a Virtue?
- Mobile healthcare for flood victims
- Why railway crossing ‘death trap’?
- Monsoon rains wreak flood havoc across South Asia
- I am not a racist, insists Trump
- Rifat`s wife Minni arrested
- Flood affects 42 villages in Sherpur
- We have to stand against militancy: Monirul
- Someshwari river erosion continues
- Kader’s health test completed, doctors satisfied
- Country’s 7th mobile assembling plant to be launched with FDI
- Before the last ball, I thought of Mushfiqur: Stokes
- Vivo ‘Made in Bangladesh’ soon
- Ershad laid to rest in Rangpur
- US Navy reports cyberwar skill as ‘National Miscalculation’
- Shakib in Harsha Bhogle CWC19 XI
- PM directed not to buy ‘DEMU’ train more
- ‘Lady Killer’ Tisha to fight against formalin in food
- Bijoy, Taijul call up for Sri Lanka series
- ECNEC clears 8 projects involving Tk 5,142.6 cr
- Ershad to be buried in Rangpur
- Ershad’s namaz-e-janaza held in Rangpur
- Ex-RAJUK chair Harun gets anticipatory bail
- Heat wave sweeping over Khulna, may spread
- Google shuts down AdSense on Android, iOS for web
- Rohingya crisis: ICC delegation in Dhaka
- PM to inaugurate ‘Benapole Express’ Wednesday
- All News »
- No more sight this life: Bidisha
- New Zealand knock India out of World Cup
- 24 killed in Papua New Guinea tribal massacres
- Happy Birthday Purnima
- Bride, bridegroom among 10 killed as train hits microbus
- HM Ershad passes away
- Two siblings drown in Shariatpur pond
- ‘Cox’s Bazar losing ecological balance for Rohingyas’
- Merkel says `very well` despite third shaking spell
- Queen Maxima and banking for the grassroots!
- NZ to face England in 12th ICC World Cup final
- Netherlands Queen Maxima due today
- Ershad’s offspring: who & where
- Ishana announced to leave media after getting married
- Rickshaw pullers block Dhaka streets protesting ban
- England win Cricket WC after Super Over drama
- Six bodies found in Cox’s Bazar beach
- UN to pay Bangladesh Tk 500 cr due
- Rifat murder: Rifat Farazi in 7-day remand
- Rifat murder: Another one detained
- Ershad’s first namaz-e-janaza held
- Dutch Queen Maxima arrives
- Rail link with Rajshahi snapped
- Don’t publish deceptive information about milk: HC
- 5 things must need for securing modern network
- Sexual assault on Nusrat: charges to be formed Jul 17
- Rifat murder: Minni at Police Line for questioning
- Barcelona sign Atletico Madrid forward Griezmann
- 3 kids drown in flood water, 1 missing
- BPSC announces dates for 38th BCS viva