91st Oscars at a glance
Published: 12:05 PM, 25 February 2019
'Oscars' is a prestigious award for world film. And the 91st edition of the event was held on 24th February in the night (according to the Bangladesh time on the morning February 25) at Los Angeles’ ‘Dolby Theater’ the United States.
Cine-lovers were waiting for the pick moment with boundless interest around the festival night across the world. But this year's event was held for the second time without any motivator.
Rami Malek took the best actor award in the Oscars of this year. Acting in the movie 'Bohemian Rhapsody', he won the Best Actor Award for himself.
Olivia Coleman received the Best Actress Award. She won the Best Actress Award for her performance in ‘The Favorite’ movie.
Oscar's best animation movie "Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Versus" gets its title this year. The story of Marvel Comics is about the famous character Spider-Man. It was jointly managed by Bob Persichetti, Peter Ramsey and Rodney Rathman.
In the 91st edition, female producer Domee Shi’s ‘Bao’ won the best short animated film award. ‘Pixar Animation Studios’ has produced it.
The film 'Bohemian Rhapsody', which is based on the life of late band Freddie Marker, has received recognition in the editing section of this year. And John Ottman won Oscar because of this film.
Comedy type film 'Green Book' won the Best film award in the Oscars this year. The film was directed by Peter Farrelly.
Guy Nattiv directed 'Skin', won the shortest film award at the 91st edition of the Academy Awards.
Best Foreign Language Film 'Roma' won the Best Foreign Language Film category award at the 91st Oscars. The film has produced 'Netflix'. This Spanish-language film is directed by Alfonso Cuarón. And he won Oscars in the filming section too.
At the 91st edition of the Academy Awards, 'Bohemian Rhapsody' was recognized for the sound editing section. That’s why; John Warhurst and Nina Hartstone won the first time Oscar this year.
Alfonso Quarón of Mexico won the award for the filming category in the 91st edition of the Academy Awards. He won the award for his own film 'Roma'. it is made in Spanish language.
Apart from this, 'Cold War', 'The Future', 'Never Look Away', 'A Star Is Born' also won the prestigious nominations.
Conversely, before the start of the original Oscars, the stars have rolled their legs on 500ft.long Red Carpet in one hour. Like every year, the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences has given awards in 24 categories including Best Film, Best Director, Best Actor and Best Documentary this year.
- Srabanti in Gym, then what happen?
- Zareen Khan recalls facing casting couch
- BD to host SAFF Championship in Sept 2020
- 5 cops in remand held with Yaba
- 1st edition of Amputee football held in capital
- Scientists detect newborn black hole
- Yugi’s lime, a rural art
- Tips to protect your mobile bank
- Robert Mugabe: Liberator to brutal tyrant
- Sanjay Dutta in TV drama series!
- 7 Chinese warship patrolling Indian Ocean
- Motorcyclist killed in Bagerhat road crash
- US shows evidence of Iran’s involvement in Saudi oil attacks
- PM receives APJ Kalam Memorial Award
- 4 officials promoted to senior secretaries
- Zinc factory in remote village!
- Rohingya terrorist detained with pistol from Balukhali camp
- Saudi clears multiple Umrah fine
- AL withdraws candidature for Rangpur-3 by-polls
- ‘Viqarunnisa principal can’t join before 11:00 am on Tuesday’
- Does your cream contain vitamin C?
- HC orders judicial inquiry against Puthia OC
- PM orders to form separate police unit for Metro Rail
- Spicy Fish Kabab
- Idol makers passing busy days in Khulna
- Sunerah in short film
- Youth kills brother for 10 bucks
- Kishoreganj Manik murder: 10 get life term
- 3000 Bangladeshi may lose citizenship in Italy!
- BRTC does not need corrupt officials: Quader
- All News »
- Mahi’s 33 and Tisha’s 22
- Paris court finds Saudi princess guilty
- With one suicide every 40 seconds, WHO urges action
- ADB country director praises PM’s planned development initiatives
- Germany criticizes Netanyahu’s annexation plan
- Blanche Monnier spent 25 yrs locked up just for love
- Thimmamma Marrimanu: A 550 yr old giant banyan tree
- Kristen Stewart reacts to Robert Pattinson’s Batman casting
- 18 yrs of 9/11, worst terrorist attack in history
- Ancient Babylon: A city and a civilization
- Self-made billionaire Jack Ma, who was rejected from 30 jobs
- Myths and controversies of Taj Mahal
- 5yrs without Firoza Begum
- Saudi reduces Hajj-Umrah visa fee
- U-19 Asia Cup final: Bangladesh vs India Saturday
- Shovon-Rabbani axed, Nahian-Lekhak made BCL’s acting president, GS
- Mishu new face in Tigers` T20 squad
- Rastafari, a religion that developed against “Whites”
- ‘BNP’s many leaders are hired’
- Nan Madol: Ghost City on sea
- Ex-Miss World Manushi Chhillar to crown Miss World Bangladesh
- Afif leads Tigers to winning start in Tri-series T20
- Bribe-taking sub-registrar to be suspended
- Shakib prized Afghanistan
- Runa Laila for the 1st time in long music career
- White House: A monstrous residence
- Mystery reveals after query actress Shimla
- Taliban seizes more land after failed peace talks
- 4 Pak troops killed in Afghan border
- ‘Rajhangsha’ to be inaugurated Saturday