9 more diagnosed with coronavirus, raising total to 70
Published: 12:11 PM, 4 April 2020 Updated: 01:20 PM, 4 April 2020
Institute of Epidemiology, Disease Control and Research (IEDCR) briefing press
Nine more people have been diagnosed with coronavirus in the last 24 hours, raising the total number of confirmed cases in the country to 70.
Director of the Institute of Epidemiology, Disease Control and Research (IEDCR) Prof Meerjady Sabrina Flora came up with the information at a regular press briefing at IEDCR office through online at around 12:15 pm on Saturday.
Besides, two more people died from coronavirus in the last 24 hours, taking the total death toll to eight in the country, said Dr Flora. Meanwhile, 30 of the coronavirus patients have recovered.
The IEDCR director said that the sample of 553 people has been tested in the last 24 hours. Nine of them tested positive for the deadly virus. Alone IEDCR tested the sample of eight of the nine fresh coronavirus patients.
The coronavirus, that first reported in China late last year, is now affecting 205 countries and territories around the world and 2 international conveyances. As of Saturday noon, a total of 1,098,762 people have been diagnosed with the virus worldwide, as the death toll rises to 59,172 while 228,923 patients have recovered.
More than a third of the world's population is now under lockdown as an increasing number of countries implement sweeping measures to fight the coronavirus pandemic.
To stop spreading the deadly coronavirus, the Bangladesh government on March 23 declared a nationwide 10-day holiday from March 26 to April 4 shutting down the government and private offices, excepting essential and healthcare facilities. Later, the general holidays was extended till April 9.
Apart from this, all educational institutions and coaching centres across the country have been closed till April 9. All have been requested to stay-at-home during the holidays unless they have a good reason to leave their homes.
- Woman’s body found in Bogura
- Boyfriend handed over girl to friends after raping
- Specialized vehicle to collect samples in Tangail
- World Environment Day today
- Father-in-law & mother-in-law injured in son-in-law`s attack
- China to lift ban on foreign flights
- Facebook launches Manage Activity for deleting old posts
- Bangladesh Bank allows employees to work from home
- 7 things must be followed for safe journey
- Another 47 tested positive for coronavirus in Faridpur
- 18 more infected with COVID-19 in Jamalpur
- 132 more tested coronavirus positive in Chattogram
- Sylhet reports 60 more coronavirus cases
- Global coronavirus death toll surpasses 393,000
- Fire at Gazi Bhaban in the capital doused
- Govt is working hard to keep people safe: PM
- Arctic oil spill prompts Russia`s Putin to declare emergency
- Multi-storey building at Lalbagh catches fire
- Killing of pregnant elephant triggered mass outrage in India
- Transport leaders, workers agreed to stop extortion
- Pakistan’s furious warning to arch-rival India
- Teen-girl Adury changed to male naturally
- Interpol’s help will be sought to nab fugitives in abroad
- Grameenphone CEO meets BSEC Chairman
- Shoaib Akhtar accused of cybercrime
- Section 144 imposed in Sangsad Bhaban area
- 60 more contract COVID-19 in Gazipur
- Lightning kills 7 in 5 districts
- 6.5 magnitude earthquake jolts Indonesia
- A physician and two more die of COVID-19 in Chattogram
- All News »
- Noble made his wife Salsabil a model in music video
- 4 cops charged for killing a black man in US
- Killing of 26 Bangladeshis in Libya: Main culprit killed in drone strike
- 23 die, highest infection recorded in last 24 hrs
- Record deaths, infections in 24 hours
- Record new cases in 24 hours, 37 dead
- Anandabazar editor Anirban Chattopadhyay resigns
- Brazil’s COVID-19 deaths surge past Spain
- Over 2000 infected in 24hrs, 22 dead
- Electronic mask developed to prevent coronavirus!
- 1,256 more freedom fighters listed
- Slain 26 Bangladeshis to be buried in Libya
- BGMEA’s PCR lab for COVID-19 test opened
- 1764 infected in 24 hours, 28 dead
- Music director Wajid Khan dies
- SSC-equivalent results published, pass 82.87 pc
- Former national footballer Salauddin passes away
- Brutal murder story of Junko, who raped about 500 times in 44 day
- Chhatra League buries BNP leader
- A thrilling operation by Police: 6 youths rescued from Sundarbans
- 26 Bangladeshis shot dead in Libya
- Chinese COVID-19 fighters due June 8
- Over 2500 infected in 24 hours, 37 die
- COVID-19 death toll in country surpasses 600
- Trump announces US to sever all ties with WHO
- Mahathir expelled from party
- Happy birthday ‘Legendary Actor’ Humayun Faridi
- Over 125,000 cases reported globally in a day
- SSC result today: How to pre-register
- BRTA recommends to hike 80pc bus fare