84 including 13 drug traders held in Satkhira, Dinajpur
Published: 03:22 PM, 6 March 2019
Law enforcers, in special drives, arrested 84 persons including 13 drug traders and an activist of Jamaat-E-Islami from different areas of Satkhira and Dinajpur districts.
In Satkhira, law enforcers in special drives arrested 57 persons including four drug traders from eight Upazilas of the district in last 12-hour ending at 8 am on Wednesday morning. They also recovered 1,273 bottles of Phensidyl, 15 pieces of Yaba tablets and 200 grams of Ganja.
During the drives, Satkhira Sadar police arrested 13 persons including a drug trader along with 15 pieces of Yaba tablets and 100 grams of Ganja, Kalaroa Thana police arrested five persons, Tala Thana police arrested five persons, Kaliganj Thana police arrested eight persons including a drug trader along with 23 bottles of Phensidyl, Shyamnagar Thana police arrested seven persons, Assasuni Thana police arrested eight persons, Patkelghata Thana police arrested seven persons including a drug trader along with 100 grams of Ganja and Debhata police arrested four persons.
Meanwhile, Detective Branch (DB) of police in separate drive arrested a drug trader along with 1,250 bottles of Phensidyl from Patkelghata Thana.
The arrested people are accused in several cases, including charges of subversive activities, filed with different police stations in the district.
In Dinajpur, law enforcers, in special drives arrested 27 persons including nine drug traders and an activist of Jamaat-E-Islami from different areas of the district in last 12-hour ending at 8 am this morning.
They also seized 230 bottles of Phensidyl, 205 pieces of Yaba tablets and 350 liters of locally-made liquor.
During the drives, Dinajpur Sadar police arrested five persons including two drug traders along with 95 pieces of Yaba tablets and 350 liters of locally-made liquor, Birganj Thana police arrested four persons including two drug traders, Birampur Thana police arrested three persons including two drug traders, Kaharole Thana police arrested one person, Phulbari Thana police arrested two persons, Biral Thana police arrested two persons, Parbatipur Thana police arrested three persons, Ghoraghat Thana police arrested a drug trader along with 30 bottles of Phensidyl and Chirirbandar Thana police arrested three persons including an activist of Jamaat-E-Islami.
Several cases, including charges of subversive activities, are pending with different police stations against the arrested persons.
Meanwhile, members of Border Guard Bangladesh (BGB) in a drive detained three drug traders along with 200 bottles of Phensidyl and 110 pieces of Yaba tablets around 7 am from Chow Rasta moor in Hakimpur Upazila of the district.
Later, the detained persons were handed over to the Hakimpur Thana police, BGB said.
- Bangladeshis should be proud of their soldiers: Antonio Guterres
- Former SCC mayor Kamran tests positive for COVID-19
- Natore reports three new COVID-19 patients
- Dr. Nahid brought to Suhrawardy Hospital
- 29 more test positive for coronavirus in Faridpur
- Fiji declares itself Coronavirus-free
- Foreign currency reserve, annual remittances hit record highs
- Qatar completes third World Cup stadium
- Coronavirus is ‘weakening’, now claims US doctors
- Govt to recruit 3,000 medical technologists-technicians
- COVID-19 cases reached 1281 in Cumilla
- Youths in country mostly infected with coronavirus
- Electrician dies falling from under-construction building
- 123 officials get promoted as joint secretaries
- Don Dawood Ibrahim and his wife infected with COVID-19
- Coronavirus: Cox’s Bazar declared as country’s first ‘red zone’
- Bank official among 3 of a family hacked in Pabna, bodies found 3 days later
- ‘Environment care would have made easier to combat virus’
- Shechwashebak League leader killed in Bogura
- Gazipur coronavirus cases surpass 1,500
- New routine for secondary classes on TV released
- Four families placed under lockdown in Brahmanbaria
- 3 killed, 7 injured in knife attack at China supermarket
- Tea seller anxious despite his son gets GPA-5
- Consumers suffering in ‘spooky electricity bills’
- India breaks all records of COVID-19 cases in a day
- Sherpur reports six new coronavirus infected cases
- Schoolboy`s body found in pond
- Charging extra fare is breach of promise: Quader
- 5 day labourers missing as boat capsize in Padma
- All News »
- Noble made his wife Salsabil a model in music video
- 4 cops charged for killing a black man in US
- Killing of 26 Bangladeshis in Libya: Main culprit killed in drone strike
- 23 die, highest infection recorded in last 24 hrs
- Record deaths, infections in 24 hours
- Record new cases in 24 hours, 37 dead
- BGMEA’s PCR lab for COVID-19 test opened
- Anandabazar editor Anirban Chattopadhyay resigns
- Brazil’s COVID-19 deaths surge past Spain
- Over 2000 infected in 24hrs, 22 dead
- Electronic mask developed to prevent coronavirus!
- 1,256 more freedom fighters listed
- Brutal murder story of Junko, who raped about 500 times in 44 day
- Slain 26 Bangladeshis to be buried in Libya
- 1764 infected in 24 hours, 28 dead
- Music director Wajid Khan dies
- Over 2500 infected in 24 hours, 37 die
- SSC-equivalent results published, pass 82.87 pc
- Former national footballer Salauddin passes away
- Chinese COVID-19 fighters due June 8
- Chhatra League buries BNP leader
- A thrilling operation by Police: 6 youths rescued from Sundarbans
- COVID-19 death toll in country surpasses 600
- 26 Bangladeshis shot dead in Libya
- Trump announces US to sever all ties with WHO
- Mahathir expelled from party
- Happy birthday ‘Legendary Actor’ Humayun Faridi
- 2,423 new infected, 35 die in 24 hours
- COVID-19: Over 9,000 people recovered in country
- Over 125,000 cases reported globally in a day