80 years of Tom & Jerry
Published: 04:50 PM, 10 February 2020 Updated: 05:04 PM, 10 February 2020
There is no doubt that Tom and Jerry’s duo is the most popular cat and mouse in the world.
The children of the 90’s decade were the diehard fan of the cartoon. Tom and Jerry on television mean a smile on the corner of everyone’s lip.
This Tom and Jerry turn 80 today that became one of the world’s best-known cartoons.
Bill Hanna and Joe Barbera were the creators of Tom and Jerry.
Tom and Jerry first introduced as ‘Puss Gets the Boot’ was a hit and won the studio an Oscar nomination for best animated short. But the animators were not credited. It was a nine-minute one-reel animated cartoon, which made its cinema debut on 10th February 1940.
The music of the cartoon was composed by Scott Bradley underscored the action and Tom’s trademark human-like scream was voiced by Hanna himself.
In the 80 years since their creation, ‘Tom and Jerry’ is almost universally considered the best which wins seven Academy Awards and cameos in Hollywood feature films.
Bill Hanna died in 2001 and Joe Barbera in 2006. Warner Brothers have the rights of Tom and Jerry now. They will release a new film just before Christmas this year.
- LGRD Minister helps 25,000 families in Cumilla
- Dhaka South Jubo League distributes food to 400 families
- 2 drug dealers arrested with 17-kg weeds
- Case filed for ‘Genda Phool’!
- Golfer Siddikur’s father passes away
- UNO walks to 212 beggars’ huts with food
- Madhupur youth tested negative for Coronavirus
- Sani asks Shakib about his silence
- Coronavirus: First-class cricketers donate 15-day salary
- DU to remain closed till Apr 11, Noboborsho programs postponed
- Primary class on Sangsad TV begins April 5
- Australia scientists begin test of potential COVID-19 vaccines
- Share market closed till April 11
- Request for 1yr VAT suspension in garment industry
- Britain, France and Germany send medical aid to Iran
- 8 Habiganj people test negative for coronavirus
- Holiday bank hour extended
- Youth shot dead by BSF along Thakurgaon border
- 2 corona deaths reported in Qatar are Bangladeshi
- Does mosquito spread COVID-19?
- 18 Bangladeshi die of coronavirus in NY 24 hrs
- Night temperature may rise by 1-2°C
- Law minister condoles death of Shamsur Rahman
- Singer Adam Schlesinger dies from coronavirus
- Coronavirus transforms before revealing symptoms: Study
- 2 arrested in Gazipur for spreading coronavirus rumors
- 2 more coronavirus cases detected, raising total to 56
- DC distributes relief at night to maintain social distance
- Family of 4 all die of coronavirus in a week
- 327 Japanese left Bangladesh
- All News »
- Coronavirus hospital to be built in Dhaka like China
- School holiday draws to Eid
- 54 buildings of Mohammadpur under police surveillance
- Actor Kazi Maruf, his wife infected with coronavirus
- British PM Boris Johnson infected with coronavirus
- British health secy Hancock test coronavirus positive
- Lawsuit filed against China for coronavirus outbreak
- Alibaba donates Bangladesh 30,000 Covid-19 testing kits
- US actor dies from coronavirus
- AC land Sayma Hasan withdrawn
- BD made ‘Spondon’ to save the life of critical patients
- German minister commits suicide over ‘corona crisis worries’
- Coronavirus measures could cause global food shortage, UN warns
- 15 of 48 corona patient recovered in Bangladesh; No new case
- Spain virus death toll tops 4,000
- Corona death mounts to 33,976, infected over .72m
- Cat found infected with coronavirus in Belgium
- Malaysia’s King and Queen in quarantine
- Lessons for secondary level students begins on Sangsad TV
- First royal dies of coronavirus
- Corona death surpasses 24000 (update list)
- Dogs will detect Covid-19!
- Coronavirus death toll surges 21,000
- BGMEA decides to close all factories
- DSCC to provide one-month meal for 50,000 homeless
- Security tightens in Dhaka street, police-army on field
- England plans to return field by early May
- Padma Bridge’s last pillar work completed
- 2 more coronavirus cases detected, raising total to 51
- 101 yrs old Italian leaves hospital after healing from covid-19