8-pair special trains for Eid, advance ticket from May 22
Published: 06:11 PM, 15 May 2019 Updated: 06:12 PM, 15 May 2019
On the occasion of the Eid-ul-Fitr, Bangladesh Railway (BR) would operate eight pairs of special trains on different routes along with sale of advance tickets for the homebound passengers from May 22.
“The homebound passengers for the Eid-ul-Fitr celebration will be able to procure their advance tickets for the train services between 9 am and 4 pm every day from May 22 and it would continue till May 26,” Railways Minister M Nurul Islam Sujan said.
Addressing a press briefing at his ministry conference room, he said the BR will sell tickets on May 22 for journey on May 31, tickets of June 1 will be sold on May 23, tickets of June 2 on May 24, tickets of June 3 on May 25 and tickets of June 4 on May 26.
He said the passengers can also collect their advance train tickets for return journey between May 29 and June 2. Passengers will be able to procure tickets from May 29 for the journey on June 7, ticket for June 8 on May 30, advance tickets on May 31 for travelling on June 9, tickets for June 10 on June 1 and tickets for June 11 on June 2, the minister said.
Besides, the Bangladesh Railway will sale 50 percent of advance tickets from mobile apps but no tickets for special trains, Sujan added.
Replying to a question, the minister said the government would begin operation of ‘Panchaghar Express’ for transportation of passengers between Dhaka and Panchaghar through a new train service from May 25.
“Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina would inaugurate the new train service through a video conference at her official residence Ganobhaban,” he said.
Mobile courts will be conducted to prevent black marketing of train tickets, the minister said.
During the briefing Railways Secretary M Mofazzel Hossain, additional director general of BR M Shamsuzzaman and officials concerned were present.
“The Bangladesh Railway has taken all-out preparations to prevent black marketing of advance train tickets, Sujan said, adding “The government has improved railway services tremendously as safe, affordable and low-cost transportation.”
The ministry has been working sincerely to reach the railway communication system at the people’s doorsteps and planning to further enhance connectivity, he said.
- Biman cancels flights for passenger crisis
- Stolen Tk60 lakh of National Bank recovered
- ‘Ultimate repercussion’ if US hurt China’s interests
- BNP office fluxed of banner-festoon; neither activity, no activist
- Smith not to play in Aus ‘due to IPL’ if necessary
- Child among 4 another contracted COVID-19 in Nandail
- Light rain likely at many places
- Schoolgirl committed suicide for unable to see Star Jalsha serial
- Raw turmeric to boost immunity
- New Ebola outbreak in Congo amid coronavirus
- WHO will continue to cooperate with the United States
- Hearing on writ challenging bus fare hike today
- Today’s Sports on TV
- Raj Kapoor’s death anniversay today
- Lip shape helps to understand your partner behavior!
- 16 more contracted coronavirus in Feni
- Mother died to stop daughters’ quarrel in Barishal
- Coronavirus situation getting worse in Mumbai
- Child’s floating body recovered in Kushtia
- First ever virtual ECNEC meeting today
- Spain records zero deaths in last 24 hours
- George Floyd died of asphyxia
- 4 more tested COVID-19 positive at Domar
- Sylhet reports 49 fresh coronavirus cases
- COVID-19 cases in Chattogram exceed 3,000
- 2 individuals fined Tk 28 lakh for cutting hill in Chattogram
- Moscow eases lockdown despite infections continue to rise
- 4 more tested coronavirus positive in Jamalpur
- Coronavirus global death toll tops 376,000
- Anandabazar editor Anirban Chattopadhyay resigns
- All News »
- Noble made his wife Salsabil a model in music video
- Noble got married for 3rd time seven months ago!
- 4 cops charged for killing a black man in US
- 23 die, highest infection recorded in last 24 hrs
- Over 2000 infected in 24 hours, 15 dead
- Three killed as microbus falls into Munshiganj ditch
- 22 die, 1541 infected in last 24 hours
- Record deaths, infections in 24 hours
- Karate coach Humayun Kabir Jewel dies
- Electronic mask developed to prevent coronavirus!
- Fire at United Hospital: 5 COVID-19 patients die
- 1166 new infected in 24 hrs, 21 die
- Offices resume from May 31
- Brazil’s COVID-19 deaths surge past Spain
- SSC-equivalent results published, pass 82.87 pc
- Anandabazar editor Anirban Chattopadhyay resigns
- Former national footballer Salauddin passes away
- India backs hydroxychloroquine for coronavirus treatment
- A thrilling operation by Police: 6 youths rescued from Sundarbans
- Xi Jinping asks Chinese military to prepare for battle
- Over 2000 infected in 24hrs, 22 dead
- 26 Bangladeshis shot dead in Libya
- Happy birthday ‘Legendary Actor’ Humayun Faridi
- 1764 infected in 24 hours, 28 dead
- Mahathir expelled from party
- Hong Kong `no longer autonomous`: Pompeo
- SSC result today: How to pre-register
- Music director Wajid Khan dies
- Slain 26 Bangladeshis to be buried in Libya
- Coronavirus case in country crosses 40,000