8-pair special trains for Eid, advance ticket from May 22
Published: 06:11 PM, 15 May 2019 Updated: 06:12 PM, 15 May 2019
On the occasion of the Eid-ul-Fitr, Bangladesh Railway (BR) would operate eight pairs of special trains on different routes along with sale of advance tickets for the homebound passengers from May 22.
“The homebound passengers for the Eid-ul-Fitr celebration will be able to procure their advance tickets for the train services between 9 am and 4 pm every day from May 22 and it would continue till May 26,” Railways Minister M Nurul Islam Sujan said.
Addressing a press briefing at his ministry conference room, he said the BR will sell tickets on May 22 for journey on May 31, tickets of June 1 will be sold on May 23, tickets of June 2 on May 24, tickets of June 3 on May 25 and tickets of June 4 on May 26.
He said the passengers can also collect their advance train tickets for return journey between May 29 and June 2. Passengers will be able to procure tickets from May 29 for the journey on June 7, ticket for June 8 on May 30, advance tickets on May 31 for travelling on June 9, tickets for June 10 on June 1 and tickets for June 11 on June 2, the minister said.
Besides, the Bangladesh Railway will sale 50 percent of advance tickets from mobile apps but no tickets for special trains, Sujan added.
Replying to a question, the minister said the government would begin operation of ‘Panchaghar Express’ for transportation of passengers between Dhaka and Panchaghar through a new train service from May 25.
“Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina would inaugurate the new train service through a video conference at her official residence Ganobhaban,” he said.
Mobile courts will be conducted to prevent black marketing of train tickets, the minister said.
During the briefing Railways Secretary M Mofazzel Hossain, additional director general of BR M Shamsuzzaman and officials concerned were present.
“The Bangladesh Railway has taken all-out preparations to prevent black marketing of advance train tickets, Sujan said, adding “The government has improved railway services tremendously as safe, affordable and low-cost transportation.”
The ministry has been working sincerely to reach the railway communication system at the people’s doorsteps and planning to further enhance connectivity, he said.
- Secondary School Teacher recruitment examination on June
- Win people’s trust through work: PM
- Bangladesh to play on Eid Day!
- Peya Jannatul stands beside Banu
- Lord`s to host World Cup final
- Toll within 10 seconds
- Rhodes urges Shakib to show why he`s No-1
- Nobel-winning physicist Murray Gell-Man dies at 89
- 11 officials promote to secretaries
- Fighting between inmates at Brazil prison kills 15
- ‘Vested cycle creates alarming situation’
- Lalmi farming brings boon for Faridpur farmers
- Arrest warrant issued against OC Moazzem
- Heat wave sweeping and may spread
- Bogura-6 by-polls: 8 candidature valid
- 2 motorcyclists killed in Dinajpur road crash
- PM receives follow-up eye treatment
- Female lawyer killed at father’s house
- M’singh city mayor Ekramul takes oath
- Minor boy’s guts come out in firework blast
- 2 litchi traders killed in Dinajpur road crash
- Woman commits suicide killing 2 children
- Motorcyclist killed in Manikganj road crash
- Papua New Guinea PM Peter O`Neill resigns
- Two killed as covered van hits pickup
- England, Australia to play WC Warm Up today
- Boro paddy procurement drive begins in Narail
- Shakib on the brink of another milestone
- Mozammel to join Modi’s oath ceremony
- Iraq sentences 3 Frenchmen to death
- All News »
- Contributions of General Aziz Ahmed as ex Director General of BGB (Part I)
- Boro paddy procurement drive begins in Narail
- Adventurous operation BEKPA-2 (Episode-1) under Captain Touquir
- Ronaldo coming to Dhaka in Mujib Year
- JS body discusses security of women, children
- Taylor, Williamson lead NZ to beat India
- Aruk Munshi: living reflect of Bangabandhu
- Ukraine`s new president Zelensky calls snap elections
- `Final should not decide my future`
- Contributions of General Aziz Ahmed as ex Director General of BGB (Part II)
- HC seeks reports of lab test on 93 more food items
- 2 hijackers killed in Hazaribagh gunfight
- PM inaugurates Panchagarh Express
- AIUB pupil’s body recovered from GF`s house
- The Army Chief of Bangladesh urges to increase interoperability of land forces
- Polls to suspended 5 UZs on June 18
- Rumin Farhana gets BNP’s reserve seat nomination
- OC withdrawn over schoolgirl Barsha’s suicide after rape
- 6 women among 11 killed in ‘massacre’ at bar
- 29 fake question leakers held in Satkhira
- 15 Bangladeshi survivors return home
- Panchagarh Express starts journey today
- Highest power generation recorded
- On Mars, sands shift to a different drum
- When Jail-guard are ‘drug dealers’!
- Mango bean to control diabetes
- Archer named in England World Cup squad
- Quader for salary, bonus before 25th Ramadan
- Poet Helal Hafiz hospitalized
- 4 of a family killed in gas cylinder blast