8 of a family burnt in N’ganj gas burner explosion

Dhaka, Thursday   09 April 2020

Akash

8 of a family burnt in N’ganj gas burner explosion

 Narayanganj Correspondent daily-bangladesh.com

 Published: 09:53 AM, 17 February 2020   Updated: 12:09 PM, 17 February 2020

Burned house in the explosion

Burned house in the explosion

Eight people of the same family were severely burnt in an explosion ‘for lighting cigarettes’ from the gas burner on Monday morning in a five-story building at the Signboard area in Narayanganj.

The victims are — Kiron Mia, Abul Hossain, Hiron Mia, Kawsar Mia, Mukta Akhter, Ilma Akhter, Nur Jahan, Apon. They have been admitted to Dhaka Medical College Hospital (DMCH).

The whole house was set on fire for lighting cigarettes. The accident is believed to have caused due to gas accumulation, said Elias, a relative of the injured. 

Abdullah Al Arefin, Deputy Director of the Narayanganj Fire Service, said the explosion occured due to gas accumulation in the burner. 

“It is believed that the family fell asleep without closing the burner at night. They were sent to Dhaka Medical College Hospital. The condition of some is alarming,” he added.

DailyBangladesh/AS