8 kills as bus falls into ditch breaking bridge railing
Published: 06:55 PM, 24 August 2019 Updated: 07:24 PM, 24 August 2019
Photo: Daily Bangladesh
At least eight people were killed and 25 others injured as a passenger bus broke the railing of a bridge and fell into a ditch on Dhaka-Khulna highway at Dhuldi Rail Gate area of Faridpur Sadar Upazila.
The accidents took place on Saturday at 2:30 pm. However, the identity of two casualties was found until the report is writing. They are- Hanif and Faruk, but the remaining ones could not be known yet. The bus’s supervisor is among the dead.
On information, fire service rescue teams arrived from Faridpur and Rajbari to rescue them.
A Gopalganj-bound bus of Comfort Line from Dhaka plunged into a ditch breaking the railing of a bridge around 2:00 pm while giving side to a motorcycle, said ASM Nasim, officer-in-charge (OC) of Faridpur Sadar Police Station.
“The motorcycle also plunged into the ditch and went under the bus, leaving six passengers of the bus and the bike rider dead on the spot. 20 were injured in the incident. The death toll could rise further,” he added.
Nurul Alam Dulal, senior station officer of Faridpur Fire Service and Civil Defense, said six people died on the spot. The injured were taken to Faridpur Medical College Hospital where two more died. Of the casualties — three are female and five are male,” he added.
The injured were taken to Faridpur Medical College Hospital for treatment. The bodies were also taken the hospital morgue for autopsy.
- Make popcorn at home
- Woman teems 4 children at once
- Mentally disabled man memorizes entire Holy Quran
- ‘Enjoy rape in failure to prevent’
- Chris: World’s heaviest sheep ever
- Alia-Ranbir wedding card revealed!
- ‘Nagad’ account in 1 minute
- Govt incentive surges remittance flow
- Goat morsels plant: Youth killed in scuffle
- MPO Enroll: Priority given to remote areas’ insts
- 4 companies fined in Chandina market
- FICA supports players’ strike
- ECNEC clears 5 projects of Tk 4636.80 cr
- No ‘Classical Music Festival’ this year
- Asif plays villain in debut!
- 37th BCS Non-cadre result published
- OC dismissed for intercedes Razakar
- Sand imported from China instead of cotton
- No Salary for 27 months despite daily attendance Tk 60
- UK team meets DU VC
- Nusrat murder case verdict Oct 24
- Way to use body scrubber to get brighter skin
- NBR gets time to report on chemical testing unit
- 157 dead in Iraq protests: new official toll
- Bimal Biswas left WPB
- Hearing on Robi’s due appeal Thursday
- Cricketers’ movement unexpected: Papon
- Amitabh apologizes, storm on social media
- Banning unlicensed easybike-rickshaw in city
- Stop unhealthy race on roads: PM
- All News »
- Pooja Zunjar, new born baby die as family fails to get ambulance
- Child Tuhin murder: 2 relatives give statement
- JMI Hospital Requisite holds IPO road show
- Padma Bank Limited receive insurance cheque
- Now father allegedly kills child in Faridpur
- 3 women killed as truck hits human hauler
- Now PUBG bans in Bangladesh
- Jubo League age decision at Ganabhaban: Quader
- Brutal murder of child: Case filed against 10
- Typhoon Hagibis: Death toll rises to 68 in Japan
- Abrar murder chargesheet soon: HM
- PM urges UGC not to go beyond rules
- Sunny, Al Amin recalled for India T20 series
- Siddik has relations with multiple girls, alleges wife Mim
- New labor laws in Qatar benefiting migrant workers
- 35 pilgrims killed as bus crashes in Saudia Arabia
- Padma Bridge work progress 84 pc
- Gold bars worth Tk 6.5cr recovered in Shah Amanat
- DU ‘Ka’, ‘Cha’ unit admission test results tomorrow
- Johnson sends unsigned letter to EU for Brexit delay
- Japan keen to expand existing bilateral ties: Envoy
- 2 pedestrians die after being hit by bus
- T20 World Cup Qualifier begins today
- ‘Kathin Chibar Dan’ being celebrated
- BUET students’ call off protests
- 9 addl judges appointed to HC
- City Bank MD alleged for sexual assault
- DU ‘A’ unit admission test result postponed
- Sabila Nur’s honeymoon preparation!
- ‘Kurigram Express’ to be launched today