8 detained for ‘spreading rumor’ over Padma Bridge
Published: 03:50 PM, 12 July 2019 Updated: 04:08 PM, 12 July 2019
Photo: Daily Bangladesh
Eight people have been detained across the country for spreading ‘Human head will be needed for Padma Bridge’ rumors on Facebook.
Among them, one was detained from Chattogram, one form Cumilla, one from Narail, one from Rajbari, one from Moulvibazar, and three were detained from Chandpur.
News sent by Daily Bangladesh correspondents —
RAB has detained one over the complaint of spreading ‘People’s head will need for Padma Bridge’ rumor on Thursday night from Toilar Deep area of city’s Anowara Police Station.
The detainee- Md Arman Hossain, son of Abul Hashem of the area.
“‘Head and blood of people will be needed for Padma Bridge’- for spreading such rumors on social media- RAB-7 detained one and handed over to Anowara Police Station on Friday morning. A case under the Digital Security Act has filed against the detainee,” said ASI Faruk of Anowara Police Station.
‘Padma Bridge is being constructed with 1 million children’s head’- for spreading such rumors on Facebook- RAB has detained a youth on Friday morning from Asathi Village of district’s Laksam.
The detainee— Hayatunnabi, son of Md Abdul Khalek of the village.
“A Facebook id named ‘Nabi Laksam’ spreading rumors about the Padma bridge to create panic among people. On complaint, Hayatunnabi has detained the help of technology. Besides, he was running anti-government propaganda with Facebook ID,” said Pranab Kumar, Acting Company Commander of Cumilla RAB-11.
RAB has detained a youth from Narail on Thursday afternoon for spreading rumors about the construction of Padma Bridge.
Detainee- Shahidul Islam, son of Khashru Mollah of Makrail village of Lohagara’s Shalnagar UP of the district.
“RAB-6 detained Sohel and handed over him to Lohagora Police Station. Sohel was spreading ‘human head is needed for Padma Bridge’ on Facebook,” said Lohagara Police Station OC Mokarram Hossain.
A case under the Information Technology Act has been filed with Lohagora Police Station.
‘People’s head will be needed for Padma Bridge’- for spreading such rumors on Facebook- RAB has detained a youth from Rajbari’s Pangsha area on Wednesday.
The detainee — Md Partha Al Hasan, son of Abdus Salam of Rajbari’s Pangsha.
“The rumor ‘People’s head will be needed for constructing Padma Bridge’ is spreading on social media for some days. For this, panic is created among people. RAB monitored the matter. During monitor, it was seen that this false and baseless news is spread from an ID,” said Major Nazmul Arefin Parag, Company Commander of RAB-8 Faridpur.
“Confirming the matter investigation, that ID’s owner Partha Al Hasan was arrested from his house. A case under the Digital Security Act will be filed and he will be handed over to the Pangsha Police Station,” he added.
‘Head and blood of people will be needed for Padma Bridge’- for spreading such rumors on Facebook- police have detained three people.
The detainee — Sajjad Gazi, son of Selim Gazi of Gaachtola area of Islampur, Sayem Bhuiyan, son of Abdul Mannan Bhuiyan of Kasara area of Faridganj, Abu Khalek Ratan, son of Mokhles Hawladar of Baghrabazar area.
“Three people were detained for allegedly spreading- ‘Head and blood of people is needed for Padma Bridge’ rumors on Facebook. I am requesting for not to listen to these falsities,” said Md Nasim Uddin, officer-in-charge (OC) of Chandpur Police Station.
On the other hand, another named Faruk, 50, was detained in Moulvibazar. ASP Mizanur Rahman, Senior Assistant Director of RAB Legal and Media Wing confirmed the matter on Friday afternoon.
- Hong Kong protesters march peacefully
- Marium, a lovely animal dies after eating plastic
- New Indonesian capital to be in Jungle?
- How to cook meat faster
- Tourists unhappy over Teknaf`s odor-pollution
- Fatima: The Wonder Lady!
- Rail links with Khulna snapped
- Maududist modern era devil: Agriculture Minister
- ‘Blood Bank of Kaliganj’ saved thousand lives
- ‘Mayaboti’ release date scheduled
- Dressing room rift misinterpreted in media: Mahmudullah
- Humayun for all-side interest on rawhide issue
- Tannery owners to buy rawhide form tomorrow
- JKS for transport workers’ fixed work hrs rein road accident
- How long should Kashmiris wait for peace?
- JnU’s Olympiad winner dies
- Day laborer Dalip Singh became ‘Great Khali’
- Shirin Sharmin to join South Asian Speakers’ Summit
- 1 day after buying bike, youth killed in accident
- Happy birthday Mia Bhai
- Serious health risk in handling taka: research reveals
- Minni’s bail petition to HC again
- Cumilla road crash: 6 of a family among deceased
- Jumps from boat get a divorce!
- DMP files 4,780 cases over traffic violations
- Tk 120 cr allotted for flood recovery
- Writ seeking HC order to find out culprits in rawhide fall
- Man killed in Dhaka road crash
- How to advance in career when your boss won’t help
- Action against bribe payer too: PM
- All News »
- Truck driver rescues girl from rape on moving bus
- National Mourning Day Thursday
- 7 killed as auto-rickshaw crashes into bus
- Priyanka anxious over Nick’s diabetes!
- Karchi flood: Death toll rises to 11
- Immortal sayings of Bangabandhu
- Holly Eid-ul-Azha tomorrow
- Jacqueline stuns in yellow during birthday trip in Sri Lanka
- Kona disclosed her marriage 3 months later!
- Fire breaks out at Mirpur slum
- 60pc animal waste of Capital disposed
- PM visits conjoined twins Rabeya, Rukaya at CMH
- Army Chief off to Indonesia Sunday
- Removal of animal wastes almost completed: DSCC Mayor
- Nayan`s last SMS to Minni
- Two Bangladeshis killed in Saudi road crash
- Keep environment clean to prevent dengue: President
- Mirpur slum fire doused
- No foreign prog broadcast without permission
- Pak-India war! 8 soldiers killed on LoC
- Last Hajj ritual heralds Eid Al-Azha
- Tailback, heat forced passengers becomes ill
- 63 Bangladeshi Hajj pilgrims died in Saudi Arabia
- 2 gang rape accused killed in gunfight
- 4 of a family killed in M’singh bus-car collision
- Flood victims to get 24,000 houses
- `Our prayer for abolition of evil power`
- 8 births recorded during Hajj 2019
- Huge crowd at terminals
- BCB seek clarity from Mashrafe Mortaza about ODI future