8 births recorded during Hajj 2019
Published: 03:00 PM, 12 August 2019
Hospitals in Makkah and the holy places in Mina and Arafat recorded eight births while the Hajj pilgrimage was in progress, said Saudi Arabia Ministry of Health on Sunday.
A ministry report carried by the Saudi Press Agency (SPA) said the Makkah Maternity and Children Hospital registered 5 births, two in Arafat and one in Mina.
The babies born in Arafat were delivered by pilgrims, who were performing Hajj rites in the holy mount on August 10, the second day of Hajj. It was not known if the mothers of the other babies were also pilgrims.
Forty-year-old Libyan pilgrim Suad Mohammed Barbush delivered her baby boy at the Jabal al-Rahma Hospital and named him Arafah, after the holy mount. Parents usually agree to name their babies who are born in the mountain either Arafah or Arafat.
Ashan Yusuf expressed happiness and gratitude to the hospital medical team after both his wife and baby were declared in stable condition.
The second woman was Guinean pilgrim Maimunah Ali, 23, who gave birth at the East Arafat Hospital on Saturday afternoon, hours after she and her husband climbed Arafat in the morning as part of the Hajj ritual.
Breaking from tradition, Maimunah and her husband Abu Bakr agreed to name their son Mohammed Salman, after Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman.
Doctors also declared the Guinean mother and baby in "stable and sound condition."
- Tohura star as Bangladesh draw 2-2 with Australia
- ‘Alpha’ to represent Bangladesh in Oscar
- VC Nasir’s one-day tea bill Tk 40,000!
- Fishers’ pleasure of repay dues
- Nusrat murder accused Moni gave birth in prison
- Bangladesh take on Yemen in AFC U-16 Championship tomorrow
- Milan Fashion: J-Lo struts updated jungle dress at Versace
- Dananjaya suspended for illegal action
- Simeone - `I`m not interested` in Griezmann reports
- Housewife dies of dengue in Barishal
- £6bn UK aid for Bangladesh, other climate victim countries
- KCC to get modern slaughterhouse soon
- Pea-flour to prevent dandruff-hair fall
- Huge asteroid narrowly missed Earth; NASA reveals
- Two cases filed against Firoz
- Anti-Sisi protests break out in Egypt
- Lalbagh Fort: Secret Tunnels and historical mysteries
- Millions march against climate change
- US to send troops, equipment to Saudi Arabia
- BSMRSTU closed over student unrest
- Heat wave may abate from some places
- Zuckerberg nixes Trump’s idea of breaking up Facebook
- Madrasa student goes missing at tourist spot
- Ranu had several lovers, director leaked
- PM reaches Abu Dhabi
- DU ‘Kha’ unit admission test begins
- 448 settlers stormed Al-Aqsa Mosque last week
- Tigers face Afghans this evening
- 113 UK MPs criticized Israeli apartheid policy
- Bus hits standing truck, kills 4 including SI
- All News »
- PM to receive two more int’l awards
- RAB’s drive: Jubo League leader GK Shamim detains
- Codex Gigas: The Devil’s Bible
- 142 held over police raid in capital`s Young Men’s club casino
- RAB sealed `Golden Dhaka Bangladesh` casino
- Fire breaks out at Shwapno Super Shop in Banani
- Thimmamma Marrimanu: A 550 yr old giant banyan tree
- Juba League leader Khaled arrested
- White House: A monstrous residence
- Ancient Babylon: A city and a civilization
- DU ‘Ka’ unit admission test today
- Movile Cave: Mysterious dark-ranch of 5.5 m yrs old insects
- Shovon-Rabbani axed, Nahian-Lekhak made BCL’s acting president, GS
- Ex-Miss World Manushi Chhillar to crown Miss World Bangladesh
- Pygmy: The forest lovers
- 4 Pak troops killed in Afghan border
- BD youth died in Malaysia, body can’t bring as address not found
- Afif leads Tigers to winning start in Tri-series T20
- PM to receive ‘Dr Kalam Smriti Int’l Excellence Awards ‘19’
- Young Tigers thrash India, target 107
- Salman Shah’s weeklong birthday celebration
- Robert Mugabe: Liberator to brutal tyrant
- DU ‘Ka’ unit admission test Friday
- Mysterious dragon of Boga Lake
- Nargis Fakhri coming to Dhaka
- 7 Chinese warship patrolling Indian Ocean
- ‘Chapati Tuhin’ killed in Narayanganj gunfight
- Puja Cherry got married!
- Lukla: World`s most dangerous airport
- Rain-floods claimed 5 lives in Spain