7 killed as auto-rickshaw crashes into bus
Published: 01:09 PM, 18 August 2019 Updated: 03:47 PM, 18 August 2019
Seven people, including two women and two children, were killed and three others injured in a collision between a bus and an auto-rickshaw on Cumilla-Noakhali regional highway at Jamtola area under Bagmara UP of Lalmai Upazila in Cumilla on Sunday.
The identities of the deceased could not be ascertained yet. However, all of them were auto-rickshaw passengers.
Md Badrul Alam Talukdar, officer-in-charge of Lalmai Police Station, said that the accident took place around 12 pm when the CNG-run auto-rickshaw crashed into the bus, leaving five people including two women dead on the spot.
Two children died on the way to the hospital.
On information, police recovered the bodies and sent those to Comilla Medical College Hospital morgue. The injured were admitted to the same hospital.
- HC clears ‘Viqarunnisa’ new principal’s join
- Erdogan-Rouhani meeting
- Aloe Vera for bright hair
- 8 projects including cancer centres in each division approved
- Iran supreme leader rules out negotiations with US
- Salman Shah’s weeklong birthday celebration
- Dhaka-Mymensingh train service resumes
- Shahid Kapoor’s 2nd marriage!
- Nirmal Purja set for final push in record 14-peak bid
- Traditional silk sector starts getting back lost glory
- Rain with gusty wind likely
- Two brothers die from snakebite while sleeping
- NGO worker killed in Panchagarh road crash
- 2 killed as bus hits motorcycle in Gazipur
- ‘Rajhangsha’ to spread wings today
- Bangladeshi youth refuses reward for €2,000 cash find in Rome
- Barcelona, Liverpool, Chelsea to play tonight
- Srabanti in Gym, then what happen?
- Zareen Khan recalls facing casting couch
- BD to host SAFF Championship in Sept 2020
- 5 cops in remand held with Yaba
- 1st edition of Amputee football held in capital
- Scientists detect newborn black hole
- Yugi’s lime, a rural art
- Tips to protect your mobile bank
- Robert Mugabe: Liberator to brutal tyrant
- Sanjay Dutta in TV drama series!
- 7 Chinese warship patrolling Indian Ocean
- Motorcyclist killed in Bagerhat road crash
- US shows evidence of Iran’s involvement in Saudi oil attacks
- All News »
- Mahi’s 33 and Tisha’s 22
- Paris court finds Saudi princess guilty
- ADB country director praises PM’s planned development initiatives
- Blanche Monnier spent 25 yrs locked up just for love
- Germany criticizes Netanyahu’s annexation plan
- Thimmamma Marrimanu: A 550 yr old giant banyan tree
- Kristen Stewart reacts to Robert Pattinson’s Batman casting
- 18 yrs of 9/11, worst terrorist attack in history
- Ancient Babylon: A city and a civilization
- Self-made billionaire Jack Ma, who was rejected from 30 jobs
- Myths and controversies of Taj Mahal
- Saudi reduces Hajj-Umrah visa fee
- White House: A monstrous residence
- U-19 Asia Cup final: Bangladesh vs India Saturday
- Shovon-Rabbani axed, Nahian-Lekhak made BCL’s acting president, GS
- Ex-Miss World Manushi Chhillar to crown Miss World Bangladesh
- ‘BNP’s many leaders are hired’
- Rastafari, a religion that developed against “Whites”
- Afif leads Tigers to winning start in Tri-series T20
- 4 Pak troops killed in Afghan border
- Mystery reveals after query actress Shimla
- Taliban seizes more land after failed peace talks
- Padma Bridge’s toll yet to be decided: Quader
- Young Tigers thrash India, target 107
- ‘Rajhangsha’ to be inaugurated Saturday
- 12 sailors missing as lighter ship capsizes in Bay of Bengal
- Amitabh was victim to marry Jaya!
- Tajia procession brought out amid tight security
- Rohingya homes destroyed for government facilities
- 2,500 missing in Bahama’s Hurricane Dorian