7 including 3 election officials, 2 Ansar members shot dead in Rangamati
6 other incl policemen injured
Published: 07:33 PM, 18 March 2019 Updated: 10:07 AM, 19 March 2019
At least seven people including three election officials and two Ansar members were shot dead by criminals in Baghaichhari upazila of Rangamati this evening
The deceased were identified as Abdul Hanna Arab, presiding officer, Abu Toyeb, assistant presiding officer, Amir Hossain, assistant polling officer, Ansar members Al Amin and Bilkis Akhtar, and two others -- Mantu Chakma and Mihir Kanti Dutta, Alamgir Kabir, superintendent of police in Rangamati told our local correspondent.
They came under attack in Noymile area when they were returning to the upazila town after concluding voting at Konglak Government Primary School polling centre under Sajek union in the upazila, the police official said.
Unidentified criminals opened fire at the election officials around 6:00pm, leaving four of them dead on the spot and eight others injured, the police official said.
There of the injured died after they were taken to the Baghaichhari Upazila Health Complex, he added.
Some of the injured were taken to the Combined Military Hospital in Chattogram by a helicopter as their condition deteriorated, the SP said.
The deadly incident happened despite the deployment of army personnel during the second phase of the upazila election held in three hill districts today.
- Rohingya man among two killed in gunfight
- Midnight bomb panic in Paltan, Khamarbari
- AL leader slaughtered in Lama
- Countrywide water transport strike underway
- England face Ireland in 1st Test today
- Gold price further hiked amid upswing intl market
- Pickup claims 3 worker lives
- Renu lynching: Prime accused arrested
- Chelsea beat Barcelona in Japan friendly
- Hajj Health Tips
- DU students protest continues for 3rd Day
- Airbus’ new concept: ‘Bird of prey’ plane
- Ill race of making bridges
- S Korea’s warning shot at Russ army jet
- Malinga set to retire after 1st Bangladesh ODI
- Mithun, Mushfiqur star as Bangladesh win warm-up
- Quader orders to repair flood-hit roads before Eid
- Blackout forced 4m Venezuelan to leave country
- Renu`s brother heartbreaking status
- Boris Johnson to be next UK PM
- Chairmanship odds in JP: Rowshan`s ambiguous state
- Bribery scam: Ex-ACC Director Basir sent to jail
- New research unveils real cause of heart attack
- Four killed in Narayanganj’s 4 Upazilas
- ‘Stern action if killing people over child lifting rumor’
- 5828 multimedia classrooms installed in Rajshahi
- Sergeant Kibria’s father files writ seeking compensation
- Minni’s bail hearing Jul 30
- Three father of a newborn baby!
- Shokh to play Minni’s role in Eid
- All News »
- Priya’s allegation is not correct: US Ambassador
- Child’s head in bag, youth lynched in Netrokona
- Priya falsify to Trump about Bangladesh
- Woman lynched over child-lifting rumour: 500 sued
- Renu lynched in Badda, 3 held
- Police want 10-day remand of Minni
- Rifat killing mastermind Minni; says police
- 8 boards attain 71.85 pc pass rate
- Stocks maintain positive trend
- None took ‘liability of denying legal support’ to Minni
- Edu Minister`s husband Toufiq Nawaz severely ill
- Bangladesh to play warm-up match today
- Minni sent to jail
- Shokh to play Minni’s role in Eid
- How to get HSC result
- HSC pass rate increases 7.9 pc
- Put Myanmar for Rohingya return; FM urges US
- Court dismisses Minni’s two petitions
- BHBCUC suspends Priya Saha
- DIG Mizan shown arrested in bribery case
- ‘Child lifters’ rumor: innocence loses life
- Minni on 5-day remand
- Another hit of Gully Boy!
- Humanity for animal !
- Court denies bail for Minni
- “Macedon too small for you, one day you will conquer world”
- ‘Masud Rana’s shooting set to kick-off
- Indian teenage TV actor killed in road crash
- Zimbabwe not taking part Bangladesh T20 tri-series
- We want to grab 1st place in producing fish: PM