Narcotics Dept. Recruitment :
7 held over question leak in govt. recruit exam
Published: 08:49 PM, 8 December 2018 Updated: 08:49 PM, 8 December 2018
Daily Bangladesh Desk
Serious Crime Investigation Division of Detective Branch under Dhaka Metropolitan Police (DMP) in simultaneous drives arrested seven people from different parts of the city on Friday night in connection with the leakage of the question paper for recruitment test of Department of Narcotics Control.
The arrestees have been named as Sohel Rana, Rabiul Awal, Mahmudul, Ansarul Islam, Debasish, Rajiur Rahman, and Rezaul Karim.
Briefing reporters at DMP media center on Saturday, Masudur Rahman, deputy commissioner (Media) of the DMP, said based on secret information detectives conducted drives in Mirpur, Kalabagan and Siddheswary on Friday, during which the arrests were made.
Eight electronic devices used for distributing question papers, 29 batteries, three pen drives, nine Bluetooth devices and eight mobile phones were recovered from their possessions, he said.
During interrogation, it was revealed that members of the syndicate used to leak various recruitment examinations' question papers of various ministries and department. As part of their planning, some members of the syndicate took part in the examination. Soon after getting the question papers, they would send it to other members staying outside the exam hall trough electronic devices, the DC (Media) said.
After completing the solutions of the question papers, the ones on the outside would send it again to the examinees who have paid the syndicate huge amounts of money for this service of sorts, the DC (Media) said.
A case was filed with Ramna police station.
The recruitment test was held on Friday.
- Catastrophic` breeding failure in emperor penguin colonies
- NASA`s InSight detects first likely `quake` on Mars
- 14-party to hold anti-drug rally tmrw
- Salman Khan accused of snatching mobile phone
- Two more countries in ICC ODI status
- Rana Plaza Volunteer dies after ‘setting himself on fire’
- Housewife ‘raped’ in Panchagarh
- Khulna reach final eliminating Chattogram
- BTRC to deactivate extra SIMs from early Friday
- Pakistan U-16 cricket team coming on Friday
- 35 govt job entry age rejected in JS
- Dhaka contributes $15,000 for OPCW ChemTech Center
- Govt trying to export food abroad
- 19th founding anniv of community clinic tmrw
- Bhutanese PM phones Sheikh Hasina
- World Intellectual Property Day tomorrow
- More Sub-cmte for Bangabandhu’s birth centenary
- ‘Humayun Ahmed was a fan of his story’
- Nusrat murder: Shamim on 3-day remand
- Farm equipment subsidies will be extended: Ag Minister
- Nusrat murder: Ruhul Amin sent to jail
- BNP calls Zahidur a `mass enemy`
- Stop antibiotic sale without prescription: HC to govt
- BRAC University student killed in Dhaka road crash
- 76 bridges changes daily life
- Uncle-nephew possessed the school
- Nissan ex-boss Ghosn granted $4.5m bail
- Joe Biden launches 2020 presidential bid
- HC seeks report on mobile tower radiation
- Spicy raw mango juice in summer
- All News »
- ‘Bonolota Express’ to launch tomorrow
- Vicky Kaushal injured during film shoot
- Stadium debate ahead of Ukraine presidential runoff
- Egypt votes in referendum to extend Sisi’s power
- ‘Pornstars name in school exam investigating’
- Sheikh Selim’s grandson killed in SL blasts
- Bangladeshi shot dead by BSF
- 2 dead in road crash near Motsho Bhaban
- Google doodle celebrates birthday of Rosy Afsari
- Man killed in Teknaf shootout
- Hafiz Quader was active in Nusrat killing
- Transport strike underway on various highways
- Renowned director Hasibul Islam passes away
- PM visits residence of late Hamida Khanam
- Actor Saleh Ahmed dies at 83
- 7 suicide attackers behind 6 SL blasts
- High-fructose corn syrup boosts intestinal tumor growth in mice
- PM returns home tomorrow
- New identity of Porimoni
- Shokh says ‘Goodbye’!
- 5 to die in Chapainawabganj rape case
- Terrorist killed in Gazipur gunfight
- Adele separates from husband
- Speak against militancy in Khutba: PM to Imams
- 4 killed in truck-auto rickshaw collision
- 13 under arrest for Sri Lanka blasts: police
- UN top officials urged to pursue Myanmar for safe zone
- Shomi Kaiser faces criticism for her behavior
- Case filed over Shahenur’s death
- Nusrat murder: CID searching money grantor