Australia all out for 151, trail India by 292 runs
6wkts from Bumrah puts India in sight of victory
Published: 02:50 PM, 28 December 2018 Updated: 02:50 PM, 28 December 2018
Daily Bangladesh Desk
Australia were skittle for 151 in the third Test on Friday, trailing by 292 runs with Jasprit Bumrah taking six wickets as India closed in on a crucial 2-1 lead in the four-Test series.
They began the day with eight runs on the scoreboard after surviving six nervy overs on Thursday following India’s daunting 443-7 declaration.
But on a Melbourne pitch showing signs of wear and tear, their downfall began quickly when Aaron Finch was out for eight.
None of the batsmen could muster more than 22, again exposing how much they miss the banned Steve Smith and David Warner.
Skipper Tim Paine and opener Marcus Harris both top-scored with 22. Pace spearhead Bumrah took only his third five-wicket haul, bagging 6-33.
In contrast to Australia’s frailties, India’s batsmen shone with Cheteshwar Pujara making 106, Virat Kohli 82 and Rohit Sharma not out 63.
India 1st Innings:
Mayank Agarwal (76 off 161; 4*8, 6*1), Cheteshwar Pujara (106 off 319; 4*10), Virat Kohli (82 off 204, 4*9), Rohit Sharma* (63 off 114; 4*5), Rishabh Pant (39 off 76; 4*3).
Pat Cummins (72-3), Mitchell Starc (87-2), Josh Hazlewood (86-1), Nathan Lyon (110-1)
Australia 1st Innings:
Marcus Harris (22 off 35; 4*2), Tim Paine (22 off 85; 4*1), Travis Head (20 off 48; 4*2).
Jasprit Bumrah (33-6), Ravidra Jadeja (45-2), Mohammad Shami (27-1), Ishant Sharma (41-1).
India 2nd Innings:
Mayank Agarwal (28 off 79; 4*4), Hanuma Vihari (13 off 45; 4*1)
Pat Cummins (10-4), Josh Hazlewood (13-1).
- Mozambique cyclone: death toll over 400
- Al Shabaab raid kills 11 in Somalia
- BNP will face extinction like Jamaat: Hanif
- BKSP clicnh thrilling victory over Brother Union
- UK police arrested 104 yrs woman
- True-Meaning Wearable Displays
- SAU student killed; pushed off moving bus
- Butterfly numbers down: Study
- Nano-bot can probe inside human cells
- Chemical of old Dhaka is now residential area
- Motorcycle crash kills 2 in Panchbibi
- 15 Day training for upazila info service officers begins
- Step against entrants with arms in airport
- CSK to field first aginst RCB
- Two students killed in road crashes in Munshiganj, Gazipur
- Bangladesh Archery team to fly to Bangkok Sunday
- Quader talks to physician
- 3 brands to spend 250 crores on Aamir
- Many `march for love` in New Zealand as mosques reopen
- Rowshan deputy opposition in JS
- 19 drug dealers’ surrender in Feni
- Kamal visits Mosharraf Rubel
- 8 Indian nationals extradited
- Schoolboy killed in Munshiganj road crash
- Boro cultivation exceeds target in C’nawabganj
- Jet Airways hangs flight to Dhaka
- Modi greets Imran Khan on Pakistan National Day
- Taskin chooses World Cup over his prolonged career
- Minister for Human rights violation free Bangladesh
- One killed in Gazipur road crash
- All News »
- Ex-JaPa leader Mohsen Rashid joins Gono Forum
- Maize production likely bumper in Rangpur
- Registration of Shuprovat Paribahan bus cancelled
- Man held with shotgun at Dhaka airport
- Coal power stations disrupt rainfall: Global study
- Nationwide prog on Bangabandhu’s birth centenary
- Local AL leader shot dead in Rangamati
- 7 incl presiding officer shot dead in Rangamati
- Students again on road with ‘We want Justice’
- Indonesia floods, mudslides: death toll rises to 89
- Six dead, 30 injured in China chemical plant blast
- ‘Send cricket team to ensure security in future’
- Attack suspect Brenton Tarrant appears in court
- BUP student killed in Narda road crash, sparks protest
- AL leader stabbed dead in Sunamganj
- First Bangladeshi girl in UN`s Education Conference
- Monali’s Dhaka concert postponed
- Protest continues demanding justice for Abrar
- NZ PM vows never to say gunman`s name
- National SME fair begins
- 100th birthday of Bangabandhu celebrated
- Drug trader killed in Meherpur gunfight
- Tigers left New Zealand
- Student killed in Sirajganj road crash, road blockade
- 12th death anniversary of Rana today
- Rain with gusty wind likely
- 50 killed as flash floods strike Indonesia’s Papua
- Hard-hitter Sabbir gets hitched
- All 50 victims of Christchurch attack identified: police
- 2 Bangladeshi Christchurch victims’ burial completed