65 platoons BGB to be deployed for city polls
Published: 07:38 PM, 27 January 2020 Updated: 09:37 PM, 27 January 2020
A total of 65 platoons Border Guard Bangladesh (BGB) have been set to deploy on election duty, to maintain law and order situation during the Dhaka city corporations’ polls on February 1. They will be on field four days before and after the polls.
According to EC sources, a platoon of BGB comprises 15 to 25 members. In that account, there will be at least 975 BGB members in the capital on duty.
It has informed on Monday from Election Management Branch of Election Commission (EC), 38 platoons in Dhaka South City and 27 platoons of BGB in Dhaka North City will serve as the Striking Force.
Besides, 172 executive magistrates and 64 judicial magistrates will be deployed on election duty. There will be one platoon BGB deployed in every two wards while an executive magistrate will be required from January 30 to February 2 with each team of the BGB.
According to the working paper, police, Rapid Action Battalion, Armed Police Battalion (APBn) and Border Guard Bangladesh will be on duty at polling centers, while mobile teams and strike force will be on duty for four days from January 30 to February 2.
Meanwhile, male Ansar-VDP members will be appointed at the men's polling booths as well as female Ansar-VDP members being appointed at the women's polling booths. The law enforcers in the polling stations will be employed for a total of four days, including two days before and one day after the polls.
Judicial magistrates will be deployed from January 30 to February 3 for running mobile courts to punish incidents of electoral violence.
A total, 129 mobile court teams, 54 for DNCC and 75 for DSCC and 43 strike force teams, 18 for DNCC and 25 for DSCC, comprised of Police, APBn and Ansar will be on duty.
Five platoons for Dhaka North City Corporation and five platoons of BGB for Dhaka South City Corporation will be deployed as Reserve Force at convenient locations. At the same time, five RAB reserve teams will be deployed in both of the two cities. Each team deployed as a mobile-striking force, especially the BGB patrol team will be appointed by an Executive Magistrate.
There are 2,468 polling stations in the two corporations-1,318 in DNCC and 1,150 in DSCC.
- Father shots lightning bird, son takes responsibility to cure
- AL leader shot dead in Bandarban
- 2 drug traders held in Dinajpur
- Teenager electrocuted in Chakaria
- Top terrorist Zisan’s close aide Shakil held
- Worshiping Trump’s idol!
- FBCCI favor trade with China continues
- Naeem credits Taijul for his success
- ‘Very enthusiastic people aggravating coronavirus’
- Harsh condition of healthcare in Sarankhola
- Elderly man killed in Noakhali road accident
- Cristiano Ronaldo set to make 1,000th
- Shakib Khan’s new actress Salwa!
- Elderly man killed in tractor-nachimon collision
- Nirbhaya case convicts to be hanged on March 3
- Bangladesh emerges as self-dignified country under Sheikh Hasina
- Road reformed with kerosene spray!
- Daulatdia brothel gets namaz-e-janaza for third time
- Sammy to receive honorary citizenship of Pakistan
- Schoolgirl takes poison for lover’s weeding
- Sri Lanka win by 1 wicket in vacillate 1st ODI
- Ryanair boss criticized for Muslim profiling comments
- Maulana Mehmood Madani to visit Dhaka
- Sufi Mizan: A hawker for social service
- Bangabandhu Book Corner for all primary schools
- Pension within 3-day of bill submission
- Man detained with large number yaba
- 9 hospitalized for drinking tea in Manikganj
- Govt decides to declare 2021 as Tourism Year
- Myanmar army plans trials for abuses on Rohingyas
- All News »
- 8 of a family burnt in N’ganj gas burner explosion
- Excellent puzzled day after 808 yrs
- Korea to provide scanners to diagnose coronavirus to Bangladesh
- Good news to honey farmers
- Actor Tapas Paul passes away
- 25-km tailback on Bangabandhu Bridge as toll plaza closed
- 1st coach of Metro rail arrived
- Coronavirus: Death toll rises to 1666
- Coronavirus: 10,844 discharged from hospital
- Srijit’s anger over Tahsan
- Father of cut-copy-paste dies
- Amar Ekushey and International Mother Language Day today
- Bangladesh wants Qatar`s support for Rohingya repatriation
- ‘Returnee from China-Singapore doesn’t mean coronavirus infected’
- CUET student Tahmid dies
- Kidney Specialist without certificate!
- 19 case accused killed in two groups’ gunfight
- Coronavirus infected more than 67,000 globally
- Death toll in China surges past 1,500
- Technical students to get more financial assistance: PM
- Ivanka Trump wears hijab for mosque visit
- Man City, Man United, Inter Milan to play today
- Coronavirus death toll crosses 2000
- Wuhan hospital chief dies of coronavirus
- Another Bangladeshi infected with coronavirus in Singapore
- BUET avoids combined admission test
- Mother with dead daughter in VR show
- 14 children among 22 killed in Cameroon massacre
- Padma Bridge’s 25th span to be installed on Language Day
- Dhaka-10 by-polls; Those who are in talks