63 Bangladeshi Hajj pilgrims died in Saudi Arabia
Published: 10:18 AM, 14 August 2019 Updated: 01:33 PM, 14 August 2019
The Muslim pilgrims from different countries, including Bangladesh, are performing ‘stoning of the devil’ for the second day by staying in Mina after performing the Holy Hajj. The Hajj pilgrims are leaving Mina after throwing stones on Tuesday.
The Hajj pilgrims completed Hajj in a beautiful and unobtrusive manner, but after many years, severe desert storms and rains led difficult trials for the pilgrims. But in the path of the Great Creator, the pilgrims did not back down.
Meanwhile, the five-day Hajj formally ended by throwing stones at devils at small, medium and large zones in Mina, just before Tuesday evening. The pilgrims then stayed in Mecca or Medina awaiting for a scheduled flight. They will return home on scheduled days.
Meanwhile, 63 Hajj pilgrims from Bangladesh have died in Saudi Arabia since leaving for Hajj.
According to information provided by the Hajj office in Saudi Arabia, 56 people died in Mecca, 6 in Medina and one Bangladeshi Haji died in Jeddah. There were 55 male and 8 female Hajj pilgrims who died due to old age complications.
This year, the total number of Hajj attendees, including officers employed in the Hajj system from Bangladesh, was 1,27,152. The return flight will start from Saturday, August 17 and continue till September 15.
- 8 projects including cancer centres in each division approved
- Iran supreme leader rules out negotiations with US
- Salman Shah’s weeklong birthday celebration
- Dhaka-Mymensingh train service resumes
- Shahid Kapoor’s 2nd marriage!
- Nirmal Purja set for final push in record 14-peak bid
- Traditional silk sector starts getting back lost glory
- Rain with gusty wind likely
- Two brothers die from snakebite while sleeping
- NGO worker killed in Panchagarh road crash
- 2 killed as bus hits motorcycle in Gazipur
- ‘Rajhangsha’ to spread wings today
- Bangladeshi youth refuses reward for €2,000 cash find in Rome
- Barcelona, Liverpool, Chelsea to play tonight
- Srabanti in Gym, then what happen?
- Zareen Khan recalls facing casting couch
- BD to host SAFF Championship in Sept 2020
- 5 cops in remand held with Yaba
- 1st edition of Amputee football held in capital
- Scientists detect newborn black hole
- Yugi’s lime, a rural art
- Tips to protect your mobile bank
- Robert Mugabe: Liberator to brutal tyrant
- Sanjay Dutta in TV drama series!
- 7 Chinese warship patrolling Indian Ocean
- Motorcyclist killed in Bagerhat road crash
- US shows evidence of Iran’s involvement in Saudi oil attacks
- PM receives APJ Kalam Memorial Award
- 4 officials promoted to senior secretaries
- Zinc factory in remote village!
- All News »
- Mahi’s 33 and Tisha’s 22
- Paris court finds Saudi princess guilty
- Blanche Monnier spent 25 yrs locked up just for love
- ADB country director praises PM’s planned development initiatives
- Germany criticizes Netanyahu’s annexation plan
- Thimmamma Marrimanu: A 550 yr old giant banyan tree
- Kristen Stewart reacts to Robert Pattinson’s Batman casting
- 18 yrs of 9/11, worst terrorist attack in history
- Ancient Babylon: A city and a civilization
- Self-made billionaire Jack Ma, who was rejected from 30 jobs
- Myths and controversies of Taj Mahal
- Saudi reduces Hajj-Umrah visa fee
- White House: A monstrous residence
- U-19 Asia Cup final: Bangladesh vs India Saturday
- Shovon-Rabbani axed, Nahian-Lekhak made BCL’s acting president, GS
- Ex-Miss World Manushi Chhillar to crown Miss World Bangladesh
- ‘BNP’s many leaders are hired’
- Rastafari, a religion that developed against “Whites”
- Afif leads Tigers to winning start in Tri-series T20
- 4 Pak troops killed in Afghan border
- Mystery reveals after query actress Shimla
- Taliban seizes more land after failed peace talks
- Padma Bridge’s toll yet to be decided: Quader
- Young Tigers thrash India, target 107
- ‘Rajhangsha’ to be inaugurated Saturday
- 12 sailors missing as lighter ship capsizes in Bay of Bengal
- Tajia procession brought out amid tight security
- Rohingya homes destroyed for government facilities
- Amitabh was victim to marry Jaya!
- 2,500 missing in Bahama’s Hurricane Dorian