6.1- magnitude earthquake rocks in Indonesia
Published: 03:53 PM, 28 December 2018 Updated: 03:53 PM, 28 December 2018
Daily Bangladesh Desk
A 6.1-magnitude earthquake rocked Indonesia’s eastern Papua Barat province on Friday, but no tsunami warning was issued, China’s Xinhua News Agency reported the meteorology and geophysics agency as saying.
Country’s meteorology and geophysics agency official Muhammad Fadila said, “The quake jolted at 10.03am local time (0303 GMT) with an epicenter of 26 km underground of southeast Manokwari.”
“So far, we have not issued a warning for tsunami,” he told Xinhua over the phone.
The jolts of the quake did not cause any damage or casualty, spokesman of the national disaster management agency Sutopo Purwo Nugroho said.
“The tremors only triggered panic, people were rushing outside their houses in Manokwari,” the spokesman told Xinhua in a text message.
The shakes of the quake were strongly felt for five minutes, Sutopo said.
Indonesia is prone to quakes as it lies along vulnerable quake-affected areas known as “the Pacific Ring of Fire”.
- Extremism can be of any kind: Monirul
- BD female pilots become paragons for Congolese women
- Tariff Commission Act gets Cabinet nod
- Shakib turned Pooran after Lewis
- Impotent injection for rapist
- ‘Nani’ providing health care on cycle at 92
- Firemen at risk in service office
- Revenue will be billions below forecast: Huawei CEO
- Mother split child`s throat
- Public exam pass marks 40, no GPA 5
- Gayle falls for duck!
- Tigers won toss, bowl first
- Ex-Sonagazi OC Moazzem sent to jail
- Innovation of artificial lungs by Mou-Akhi-Bipasha
- Rangpur city polluted than Dhaka, Cumilla in safe zone
- UN to adopt tougher policy against Myanmar
- No gas supply to Kawla, Zia Colony for 9hrs today
- Heat weave may continue
- Moazzem produced before Cyber Crime Tribunal
- World population to increase 2 bn by 2050: UN report
- Kohli breaks Sachin Tendulkar’s record
- 18 killed, 29 injured in Venezuela road crash
- OC Moazzem handed over to Feni police
- Moazzem to be produced before Cyber Crime Tribunal today
- Ijtema photo wins National Geographic prize
- Shahid says fight with Mira can last 15 days
- Tigers take on WI a must-win WC match
- 5th phase polls in 23 UZs tomorrow
- Bangladesh to face West Indies today
- Most-detailed-ever; black hole mystery disclosure
- All News »
- Apurba’s younger brother commits suicide
- Akash of N’ganj made Lamborghini!
- Uber driver’s slit-throat body found in Uttara
- Daraz joins hands with Visa
- Australia beat Pakistan by 41 runs
- Ramp up pressure on Myanmar
- Mila’s assistant threw acid at Sanjari’s private parts!
- Rohingyas leave camps, collect Bangladeshi passports
- Amitabh Bachchan`s Twitter Account Hacked
- Ex-Sonagazi OC Moazzem held
- Oil tanker collision in Chattogram port, closes vessels movement
- Building wall collapses after explosion in Shanir Akhra, kills 1
- Yuvraj Singh retires from all forms of cricket
- 8 children injured as ceiling of hospital caves in
- PM orders for professional skill based promotion of army men
- Myanmar buying weapons despite int’l arms embargoes
- Finance Minister starts unveiling budget
- England wins beating Windies
- Class XI admission results published
- ‘Lack of harvesting laborers results of employment opportunities’
- BGB man killed by lightning strike
- Drug trader killed in Cumilla gunfight
- 2 students killed in Pabna road crash
- 53 children die in India from brain disease linked to lychee
- Cop sues wife on charge of torture for dowry
- JS budget session begins today
- ‘Rohingya crisis may destabilise Asia if not resolved’
- Cigarette, bidi prices go up in Budget FY20
- Tk 5,23,190cr budget for FY20 unveils in Parliament
- College girl torched in Narsingdi, 1 held