6 new ships to join BSC fleet
Published: 10:18 PM, 22 March 2019 Updated: 11:02 PM, 22 March 2019
Bangladesh Shipping Corporation (BSC) has collected a total of six new ships to add to its fleet from China aiming to make this state-owned organization profitable.
Besides, the shipping authorities have planned to add another six ships to its fleet from China in the coming days, a press release said in the capital on Friday.
State Minister for Shipping Khalid Mahmud Chowdhury visited the Chinese National Machinery Import and Export Corporation (CMC) office in Beijing today in this regard, it added.
Meanwhile, the CMC Vice President Kang Hubiao welcomed the state minister and had a meeting with him.
During the meeting, they discussed about the China’s cooperation in a bid to create world class sailors at marine academies in Bangladesh.
Apart from it, issues of circular waterways around Dhaka city, circular roads and the procurement of collecting ships from China to BSC were also discussed.
BSC Managing Director Commodore Yahya Syed and Bangladesh Ambassador to China M. Fazlul Karim were present on the occasion.
The government has taken a project to purchase six ships from China with a cost of Taka 1,537 crore to the BSC.
China provided one thousands crores while the rest of the money was given by the Bangladesh government in this regard.
Earlier, a total of five ships were added to the BSC fleet so far.
The state minister went to China to attend the inaugural program of the ship ‘M T Bangla Agrogoti’ on March 21 last.
He is expected to return home on March 24.
- 3 kids drown in flood water, 1 missing
- `There is a chance to joint invest in Bangladesh`
- BNP’s anarchy will not be tolerated: Hasan
- Sachin picks Shakib in his World Cup XI
- Zimbabwe inflation rate soars to 175%
- Train crash kills 9 with new weds
- BPSC announces dates for 38th BCS viva
- HC recommends punishment against 50 including Masud
- Zuma denies being `king of corrupt people`
- Nusrat murder: HC orders probe against ADM Enamul
- Shakib included in CWC19 best XI
- Fired DIG Mizan questioning at prison gate
- Primary students dropout rate decreased
- Jaffer, Ramanayeke as Tigers batting, bowling coach in SL tour
- Will be apologising to Williamson `For the rest of my life`
- Eid-ul-Azha advanced train ticket from Jul 29
- Partial lunar eclipse Wednesday
- New wave of cybercrime in Pakistan
- Accused stabbed dead by another in front of judge in court
- Non-government employees, slum dwellers to get flat: PM
- Temperature may rise over country
- PM opens 7 housing uplift schemes
- South Korean PM Lee leaves Dhaka
- Shah Rukh Khan to produce horror series for Netflix
- Russia`s Real Reasons for Partnering with Iran
- Sohel Rana speechless on Ershad’s death
- Ershad’s 2nd namaz-e-janaza held
- Pickup van hits covered van in Gazipur, kills 3
- Over 1,000 Google Play Store apps hiding a nasty secret
- Queen salutes England after World Cup glory
- All News »
- No more sight this life: Bidisha
- MP Firoz Rashid’s daughter-in-law Merina shot
- New Zealand knock India out of World Cup
- 24 killed in Papua New Guinea tribal massacres
- Saima rape, murder: Prime accused confesses to crime
- Happy Birthday Purnima
- NBR to launch mobile app to increase taxpayers
- Two siblings drown in Shariatpur pond
- HM Ershad passes away
- ‘Cox’s Bazar losing ecological balance for Rohingyas’
- Merkel says `very well` despite third shaking spell
- NZ to face England in 12th ICC World Cup final
- China assures to work to resolve Rohingya crisis: PM
- Netherlands Queen Maxima due today
- Queen Maxima and banking for the grassroots!
- Rickshaw pullers block Dhaka streets protesting ban
- Six bodies found in Cox’s Bazar beach
- Ershad`s son Eric receives kidnap threat
- UN to pay Bangladesh Tk 500 cr due
- Rifat murder: Rifat Farazi in 7-day remand
- Ishana announced to leave media after getting married
- England win Cricket WC after Super Over drama
- Dutch Queen Maxima arrives
- Rifat murder: Another one detained
- CU gets its first woman proctor
- Ershad’s offspring: who & where
- Sexual assault on Nusrat: charges to be formed Jul 17
- Kader Siddiqui quits Oikyafront
- Don’t publish deceptive information about milk: HC
- Rail link with Rajshahi snapped