6 held over theft at Pakistan High Commission
Published: 08:29 PM, 28 November 2018 Updated: 08:29 PM, 28 November 2018
Police arrested six people, including the main accused, from different areas of the capital on Tuesday night in connection with a theft case filed by Pakistan High Commission in Dhaka.
The arrestees are- Sajal alias Kalu, 22, Mostafa, 35, Dulal Miah, 34, Jahangir Alam, 35, Nimai Babu, 42 and Sekul Islam, 35.
Police also rescued the stolen air conditioner, Central Processing Unit of Computer and UPS.
Mostak Ahmed, deputy-commissioner (DC) of Gulshan of Dhaka Metropolitan Police, said at a press briefing that main suspect Kalu used to collect abandoned bottles from Gulshan area and he used to go the area adjacent to the High Commission.
He saw an air-conditioner through the broken part of a wall of the High Commission’s backside and made a plan to steal it, Mostaq Ahmed said quoting Kalu.
Later, Kalu along with his associates entered the building and stole three CPUs and four UPSs, said the DMP official.
Later, the High Commission authority filed the case with Gulshan Police Station on November 25.
He said that police identified one of the thieves analyzing CCTV footage and when they showed the image to sweepers of the area they identified him as Kalu.
After being arrested, Kalu confessed to the guilt.
Unknown burglars broke into the Consular Section of the Pakistan High Commission in Dhaka and stole computers. The matter was immediately reported to Bangladesh’s police and an FIR was lodged.
Bangladesh Foreign office was also informed and strengthened security was requested, according to Pakistan Foreign Ministry website.
The Bangladesh authorities have been requested to carry out a thorough investigation, share a detailed report with us and bring the culprits to justice, it said.
- EU may face ‘terror threats’ if Libyan govt falls: Erdogan
- PM for expanding number of fast track projects
- Housewife killed in Dinajpur road crash
- 5 held in anti-narcotic drive in capital
- Drug dealer detained in Chattogram
- Benefits of using lemon water in bath
- Sumon plays Assistant Police Commissioner role
- Revised routine for SSC exams published
- Motorcyclist killed in Naogaon road crash
- PM takes responsibility of ailing Andrew Kishore
- Bangladesh into Bangabandhu Gold Cup semis
- Mobile operators aren’t solving even half of the complaints
- Drug dealer detained with yaba in B’baria
- Papan to visit Pakistan with cricketers
- Make ‘smashed pickle-eggplant’ with in 5min
- 24 devotees died in two-phase Ijtema
- Shakib distributes blanket to poor
- Facebook sorry for mistranslation of Xi Jinping’s name
- Taposh gets huge response from city dwellers
- 7 Missing in Nepal snowfall
- 8 dead in blaze at Czech asylum for mentally ill
- Why a child rapist shouldn’t be executed: HC
- Charge sheet against Mizan, Basir submitted
- Prova married Intekhab Dinar
- 10 children die of mysterious disease in Jammu and Kashmir
- HC for committee to supply anti-rape device
- Schoolboy’s slit-throat body found at tea stall
- E-Passport to be launched Jan 22
- Madonna in love with youth aged 25
- Teenager run over by Kishoreganj Express
- All News »
- BPL`s Man of the tournament winners
- Ticket price of BPL final increased
- Youth killed in road crash after returning home 24 yrs later
- British diplomat arrested in Iran
- ‘All coaching centers to remain shut from Jan 25’
- Obscure’s Prince dies
- Magnitude 5.9 jolts quake-stunned Puerto Rico again
- PM joins Bishwa Ijtema Akheri Munajat
- Dhaka city elections deferred to Feb 1
- Pakistan snowfall death toll rises to 104
- 32% work of Bangabandhu Novo Theatre in Rajshahi completed
- 28 institutes named after Bangabandhu and family members
- Russell hero as Rajshahi through final
- Jashore car accident kills 3 including 2 sisters
- Snow, rain, flash floods leave 43 dead in Pakistan, Afghanistan
- Video of man hugging, kissing pride of lions goes viral
- Apu Biswas to rock two shows in India
- Bangabandhu BPL trophy arrives
- Flight operations at HSIA still halted today
- EXO’s Chen getting married and expecting a child
- Khulna faces Rajshahi in BPL final today
- New complexity in primary teacher recruitment
- 12 devotees die during 1st phase of Ijtema
- MP Abdul Mannan passes away
- Bangladesh on right track to attain SDGs: PM
- DU expels 63 students for life
- 39 killed in intense fighting in Syria’s Idlib
- Verdict in Myanmar genocide case Jan 23
- Protests in Iran demanding Khamenei`s resignation
- Secrets of 1,000-year-old ginkgo trees unlocked