6 held over theft at Pakistan High Commission
Published: 08:29 PM, 28 November 2018 Updated: 08:29 PM, 28 November 2018
Police arrested six people, including the main accused, from different areas of the capital on Tuesday night in connection with a theft case filed by Pakistan High Commission in Dhaka.
The arrestees are- Sajal alias Kalu, 22, Mostafa, 35, Dulal Miah, 34, Jahangir Alam, 35, Nimai Babu, 42 and Sekul Islam, 35.
Police also rescued the stolen air conditioner, Central Processing Unit of Computer and UPS.
Mostak Ahmed, deputy-commissioner (DC) of Gulshan of Dhaka Metropolitan Police, said at a press briefing that main suspect Kalu used to collect abandoned bottles from Gulshan area and he used to go the area adjacent to the High Commission.
He saw an air-conditioner through the broken part of a wall of the High Commission’s backside and made a plan to steal it, Mostaq Ahmed said quoting Kalu.
Later, Kalu along with his associates entered the building and stole three CPUs and four UPSs, said the DMP official.
Later, the High Commission authority filed the case with Gulshan Police Station on November 25.
He said that police identified one of the thieves analyzing CCTV footage and when they showed the image to sweepers of the area they identified him as Kalu.
After being arrested, Kalu confessed to the guilt.
Unknown burglars broke into the Consular Section of the Pakistan High Commission in Dhaka and stole computers. The matter was immediately reported to Bangladesh’s police and an FIR was lodged.
Bangladesh Foreign office was also informed and strengthened security was requested, according to Pakistan Foreign Ministry website.
The Bangladesh authorities have been requested to carry out a thorough investigation, share a detailed report with us and bring the culprits to justice, it said.
- `Final should not decide my future`
- Trump walks out on Democrats in fury over Russia probe
- Aspirin `safe` for brain-bleed strokes
- Why N Korea called Biden an `imbecile`
- Record groundnut output makes farmers happy
- Two electrocuted in Bagerhat
- Voting on suspended 5 upazila on June 18
- Both BPL football matches end in draw
- Formation of the moon brought water to Earth
- Indo-Bangla ties to remain same whoever elected in India: Quader
- Saudi to execute 3 prominent scholars after Ramadan
- BB enhances usance period for raw materials import
- India’s EC rejects ballot tampering allegation
- US to legalize human composting
- Double duty to deject rice import
- HC for installation of fire extinguishers in all motor vehicles
- PM instructed to probe ‘fire in paddy field’
- Mashrafe leaves Dhaka to join team in England
- Shemai maker busy before Eid in Dinajpur
- Shakib reclaims top spot in ODI all-rounder rankings
- Bengal tiger number rises in Sundarbans
- Pakistani children worst affected in HIV outbreak
- Du’a of Intent to Fast and Breaking it
- `Papaya Juice` in Iftar
- UN to honor 12 Bangladeshi peacekeepers
- HC expressed anger over Greenline’s apathy
- Six dead in Indonesia post-election unrest
- Highest power generation recorded
- Poet Helal Hafiz hospitalized
- Quader for salary, bonus before 25th Ramadan
- All News »
- Bangladesh easily chased down Ireland`s 292
- Justice Salma Masud accused of changing court verdict
- People on Mars by 2033 or 2060
- Six killed as bus hits tree in Bagerhat
- Messi scores twice but Barcelona held
- Narayanganj’s Araihazar OC withdrawn
- Ronaldo coming to Dhaka in Mujib Year
- May agrees timetable to choose new UK PM
- Protik’s World Cup song ‘Banglar Damal Chelera’
- JS body discusses security of women, children
- Eid advance bus ticket sale begins
- Quader returns home this evening
- Quader to join his office today
- 3000 tubewells need to free from arsenic
- Ukraine`s new president Zelensky calls snap elections
- Thor actor Isaac Kappy commits suicide
- World Telecommunication and Information Society Day today
- 2 hijackers killed in Hazaribagh gunfight
- Cabinet reshuffle: Murad moved to Info Ministry
- President reaches London
- Man accused in 12 cases killed in gunfight
- Tk 76 lakh needed for testing Wasa water
- Robert Pattinson cast to play new Batman
- ‘AL not a political party only, organization also’
- Today’s sports on TV
- Sheikh Hasina’s homecoming day today
- Rumin Farhana gets BNP’s reserve seat nomination
- 152,000 passed in NTRCA preli
- Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina prayed like mother: Quader
- Saudi Arabia to provide PR green card