58 killed in 2 separate attacks in DR Congo
Published: 07:39 PM, 11 September 2020 Updated: 12:01 PM, 12 September 2020
At least 58 people have been killed in two separate attacks in the eastern Democratic Republic of Congo’s Ituri province. Allied Democratic Force (ADF) militias have been blamed for the attack.
The province’s interior minister Adjio Gidi told the AFP news agency on Thursday.
Adjio Gidi said the first attack on Tuesday killed 23 people in the southern Irumu region of Ituri province. Then on Thursday 35 more people lost their lives there. Many people in the province have fled their homes in fear of being attacked.
He, meanwhile, blamed the ADF for the attack.
Gidi added that members of the country’s security forces had already been sent to the area. They are conducting a search operation there to catch the enemies.