56th death anniversary of Sher-e-Bangla tomorrow
Published: 08:04 PM, 26 April 2018
Sher-e-Bangla Abul Kashem Fazlul Huq; Pic: Collected
The 56th death anniversary of Sher-e-Bangla Abul Kashem Fazlul Huq will be observed in the country in a befitting manner tomorrow.
Sher-e-Bangla Abul Kashem Fazlul Huq was a famous Bengali legislator, politician, and statesman. He was one of the paramount political leaders in British India and later in Pakistan.
He comes to the timeline when officially introduced Lahore Resolution in 1940. He became the member of Bengal Legislative Council in 193 from Dacca and served on the council for 21 years.
A K Fazlul Huq was born on October 23, 1873, in Bakerganj, British India (now Jhalokati, Bangladesh). He was born into a middle-class Muslim Family to Muhammad Wazid and Sayedunnessa Khatun.
In 1913, Fazlul Huq became the secretary of the Bengal Provincial Muslim League. He was General Secretary of the Indian National Congress from 1916 to 1918.
A K Fazlul Huq became Prime Minister, being a member of the Bengal Legislative Assembly. During the 1950s, he was Home Minister of Constituent Assembly of Pakistan. He was the Chief Minister of East Bengal in 1954.
Different political parties and socio-cultural and professional bodies will participate in various programs to observe the day.
The programs include holding discussions, placing wreaths and offering Doa and Munajat at Sher-e-Bangla`s Mazar in the city.
President Abdul Hamid and Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina issued separate messages marking the death anniversary of Sher-e-Bangla.
They paid glowing tributes to the late leader and recalled his struggle for economic freedom of the peasants and toiling people of this country. They also prayed for eternal peace of his departed soul.
In his message, President Abdul Hamid said Sher-e-Bangla was an extraordinary talented political leader.
In her message, Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina said Sher-e-Bangla had struggled throughout his life for economic emancipation of the peasants of this country.
She said because of his bold leadership, liberal and benevolent characteristics, the people dubbed him as Sher-e-Bangla or Banglar Bagh (Tiger of Bengal).
- Make popcorn at home
- Woman teems 4 children at once
- Mentally disabled man memorizes entire Holy Quran
- ‘Enjoy rape in failure to prevent’
- Chris: World’s heaviest sheep ever
- Alia-Ranbir wedding card revealed!
- ‘Nagad’ account in 1 minute
- Govt incentive surges remittance flow
- Goat morsels plant: Youth killed in scuffle
- MPO Enroll: Priority given to remote areas’ insts
- 4 companies fined in Chandina market
- FICA supports players’ strike
- ECNEC clears 5 projects of Tk 4636.80 cr
- No ‘Classical Music Festival’ this year
- Asif plays villain in debut!
- 37th BCS Non-cadre result published
- OC dismissed for intercedes Razakar
- Sand imported from China instead of cotton
- No Salary for 27 months despite daily attendance Tk 60
- UK team meets DU VC
- Nusrat murder case verdict Oct 24
- Way to use body scrubber to get brighter skin
- NBR gets time to report on chemical testing unit
- 157 dead in Iraq protests: new official toll
- Bimal Biswas left WPB
- Hearing on Robi’s due appeal Thursday
- Cricketers’ movement unexpected: Papon
- Amitabh apologizes, storm on social media
- Banning unlicensed easybike-rickshaw in city
- Stop unhealthy race on roads: PM
- All News »
- Pooja Zunjar, new born baby die as family fails to get ambulance
- Child Tuhin murder: 2 relatives give statement
- JMI Hospital Requisite holds IPO road show
- Padma Bank Limited receive insurance cheque
- Now father allegedly kills child in Faridpur
- 3 women killed as truck hits human hauler
- Now PUBG bans in Bangladesh
- Jubo League age decision at Ganabhaban: Quader
- Brutal murder of child: Case filed against 10
- Typhoon Hagibis: Death toll rises to 68 in Japan
- Abrar murder chargesheet soon: HM
- PM urges UGC not to go beyond rules
- Sunny, Al Amin recalled for India T20 series
- Siddik has relations with multiple girls, alleges wife Mim
- New labor laws in Qatar benefiting migrant workers
- 35 pilgrims killed as bus crashes in Saudia Arabia
- Padma Bridge work progress 84 pc
- Gold bars worth Tk 6.5cr recovered in Shah Amanat
- DU ‘Ka’, ‘Cha’ unit admission test results tomorrow
- Johnson sends unsigned letter to EU for Brexit delay
- Japan keen to expand existing bilateral ties: Envoy
- 2 pedestrians die after being hit by bus
- T20 World Cup Qualifier begins today
- ‘Kathin Chibar Dan’ being celebrated
- BUET students’ call off protests
- 9 addl judges appointed to HC
- City Bank MD alleged for sexual assault
- DU ‘A’ unit admission test result postponed
- Sabila Nur’s honeymoon preparation!
- ‘Kurigram Express’ to be launched today