56th death anniversary of Sher-e-Bangla tomorrow
Published: 08:04 PM, 26 April 2018
Sher-e-Bangla Abul Kashem Fazlul Huq; Pic: Collected
The 56th death anniversary of Sher-e-Bangla Abul Kashem Fazlul Huq will be observed in the country in a befitting manner tomorrow.
Sher-e-Bangla Abul Kashem Fazlul Huq was a famous Bengali legislator, politician, and statesman. He was one of the paramount political leaders in British India and later in Pakistan.
He comes to the timeline when officially introduced Lahore Resolution in 1940. He became the member of Bengal Legislative Council in 193 from Dacca and served on the council for 21 years.
A K Fazlul Huq was born on October 23, 1873, in Bakerganj, British India (now Jhalokati, Bangladesh). He was born into a middle-class Muslim Family to Muhammad Wazid and Sayedunnessa Khatun.
In 1913, Fazlul Huq became the secretary of the Bengal Provincial Muslim League. He was General Secretary of the Indian National Congress from 1916 to 1918.
A K Fazlul Huq became Prime Minister, being a member of the Bengal Legislative Assembly. During the 1950s, he was Home Minister of Constituent Assembly of Pakistan. He was the Chief Minister of East Bengal in 1954.
Different political parties and socio-cultural and professional bodies will participate in various programs to observe the day.
The programs include holding discussions, placing wreaths and offering Doa and Munajat at Sher-e-Bangla`s Mazar in the city.
President Abdul Hamid and Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina issued separate messages marking the death anniversary of Sher-e-Bangla.
They paid glowing tributes to the late leader and recalled his struggle for economic freedom of the peasants and toiling people of this country. They also prayed for eternal peace of his departed soul.
In his message, President Abdul Hamid said Sher-e-Bangla was an extraordinary talented political leader.
In her message, Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina said Sher-e-Bangla had struggled throughout his life for economic emancipation of the peasants of this country.
She said because of his bold leadership, liberal and benevolent characteristics, the people dubbed him as Sher-e-Bangla or Banglar Bagh (Tiger of Bengal).
- Sarafa Infotech’s new director Saroj Mehedi
- Shakib star as Bangladesh beat Afghanistan
- Where Shakib is first
- BNP candidate Siraj wins Bogura-6 by-polls
- Ebola death toll breaks 1,500 mark in DRC
- Liton sends Ikram back by direct hit
- Shakib gets 4, Afghanistan`s 5 down
- Shakib removes Gulbadin, Nabi in same over
- Stocks perform mixed on higher transactions
- Mosaddek gets Hashmatullah 2 down for AFG
- AL has been strengthened by attack: Sheikh Hasina
- Shakib strikes his first over
- Russell ruled out of World Cup with injury
- Mushfiqur, Shakib takes Bangladesh to 262
- Arrest warrant issued against Mila
- Shakib first Bangladeshi to 1000 WC runs
- 7.3-magnitude quake hits Indonesia, no tsunami threat
- Nabi gets Tamim 2 down for Bangladesh
- Bangladesh lose Liton early
- HC seeks info on unfit vehicles and drivers
- 14 killed as India tent collapses during religious gathering
- JCD factions clash at Nayapaltan, cocktails blast
- Tigers to bat first after losing toss
- Argentina beat Qatar to qualify for last eight
- Rail communication to be normal by evening: Secy
- Happy birthday to football magician Messi
- 14th span of Padma Bridge to be installed Jun 28
- Heat wave may continue and spread
- Habiganj municipality by-election underway
- Kulaura train crash: Three deceased identified
- All News »
- Shakib, Liton star as Tigers beat Windies
- World population to increase 2 bn by 2050: UN report
- AL to make it`s 70th anniversary memorable
- Tigers won toss, bowl first
- Public exam pass marks 40, no GPA 5
- Gayle falls for duck!
- Probe report submission deferred again
- Bangladesh achieves fastest growth in Asia-Pacific
- Mushfiqur`s ton in vain as Bangladesh lost to Australia
- Caribbeans set 322-run target for Tigers
- Europe’s oldest person ‘Nonna Peppa’ died at 116
- England beat Afghanistan by 150 runs
- None can escape creating sabotage: HM
- RAB revealed mystery of Sensational Shakib murder
- ‘Nani’ providing health care on cycle at 92
- No exempt, although it is MP-Minister’s house: Rezaul
- UNHCR envoy Miyavi hoped Rohingya crisis’ quick solve
- 3 farmers killed in Natore road crash
- Moazzem produced before Cyber Crime Tribunal
- Ex-MP Rana gets bail
- Bangladesh to face West Indies today
- PM inaugurates environment fair, tree plantation campaign & tree fair
- BD female pilots become paragons for Congolese women
- Ruling party gibes on BNP maiden day
- Extremists use religion to create fascism: Monirul
- Ijtema photo wins National Geographic prize
- Boat capsizes at Sadarghat: two minors’ body recovered
- Kohli breaks Sachin Tendulkar’s record
- Shakib enters 6000-run club in ODI
- 2 female RMG workers’ bodies recovered in Ashulia