56th death anniversary of Sher-e-Bangla today
Published: 11:55 AM, 27 April 2018
Sher-e-Bangla Abul Kashem Fazlul Huq; Pic: Collected
The 56th death anniversary of Sher-e-Bangla Abul Kashem Fazlul Huq will be observed in the country in a befitting manner today.
Sher-e-Bangla Abul Kashem Fazlul Huq was a famous Bengali legislator, politician, and statesman. He was one of the paramount political leaders in British India and later in Pakistan.
He comes to the timeline when officially introduced Lahore Resolution in 1940. He became the member of Bengal Legislative Council in 193 from Dacca and served on the council for 21 years.
A K Fazlul Huq was born on October 23, 1873, in Bakerganj, British India (now Jhalokati, Bangladesh). He was born into a middle-class Muslim Family to Muhammad Wazid and Sayedunnessa Khatun.
In 1913, Fazlul Huq became the secretary of the Bengal Provincial Muslim League. He was General Secretary of the Indian National Congress from 1916 to 1918.
A K Fazlul Huq became Prime Minister, being a member of the Bengal Legislative Assembly. During the 1950s, he was Home Minister of Constituent Assembly of Pakistan. He was the Chief Minister of East Bengal in 1954.
Different political parties and socio-cultural and professional bodies will participate in various programs to observe the day.
The programs include holding discussions, placing wreaths and offering Doa and Munajat at Sher-e-Bangla`s Mazar in the city.
President Abdul Hamid and Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina issued separate messages marking the death anniversary of Sher-e-Bangla.
They paid glowing tributes to the late leader and recalled his struggle for economic freedom of the peasants and toiling people of this country. They also prayed for eternal peace of his departed soul.
In his message, President Abdul Hamid said Sher-e-Bangla was an extraordinary talented political leader.
In her message, Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina said Sher-e-Bangla had struggled throughout his life for economic emancipation of the peasants of this country.
She said because of his bold leadership, liberal and benevolent characteristics, the people dubbed him as Sher-e-Bangla or Banglar Bagh (Tiger of Bengal).
- 52 areas of Capital locked down
- Spain records 743 more coronavirus deaths today
- Emergency telehealth service to launch for BU students
- Coronavirus infection tops 1.4 mn; death toll surging to 80,000
- 6 families in Ctg put in quarantine
- Narayanganj lockdown
- Why today’s Supermoon `pink`
- 170 families on voluntary lockdown in Dinajpur
- Coronavirus death toll tops 78,000
- Japan declares state of emergency amid coronavirus
- Lockdown to be extended in India
- Jagdal UP in Magura announced lockdown
- ‘Majed’s death sentence after completing formalities’
- Narsingdi coronavirus infected youth in isolation
- Wages to be paid by April 16: Commerce Minister
- RAB fined 50 for reasonless roaming in capital
- Edu institutions to remain closed till Eid holidays
- 3 houses under lockdown in Lakshmipur
- Trains to turn into hospitals in India
- 3 held with 17-kg weed in Brahmanbaria
- Farmer electrocuted to death in Mymensingh
- Youth killed in Dinajpur road crash
- IPL can hold in October-November!
- MP of Narsingdi distributes food items among 1,500 families
- 2 youths provide 7 days’ food to 150
- Ferdous living with kids separately from wife
- District council stands by 5000 families in Gazipur
- 16 samples collected from Kurigram
- FIFA U20 Women`s World Cup postponed
- UP member held with govt reliefs in Natore
- All News »
- Fishermen killed dolphin in Cox’s Bazar
- Coronavirus death toll passes 50,000
- Corona death toll crosses 40,000; infected over .8 million
- Sylhet records 1st coronavirus case
- Army to go tough from today
- Padma Bridge’s last pillar work completed
- BTV bringing back Humayun Ahmed’s ‘Bohubrihi’ ‘Kothao Keu Nei’
- Italy coronavirus death toll surpass 12,000
- Death toll passes 42,000 worldwide
- PM declares action plan to combat COVID-19 today
- 2 more coronavirus cases detected, raising total to 51
- 5 more test positive for coronavirus, raising total to 61
- Fire at Karwan Bazar
- Salman Khan`s nephew Abdullah dies at 38
- 11 in Mirpur, 9 in Bashabo contract from coronavirus
- Indian-origin South African HIV researcher dies from coronavirus
- Coronavirus: New symptom heart attack
- Bangabandhu’s killer Abdul Majed held
- Huawei records $123 billion revenue growth in 2019
- Soldiers get urgent medical equips from Army Aviation
- Wimbledon cancelled for first time since World War II
- US experienced highest death record in a day
- Case filed for ‘Genda Phool’!
- Ban on public transport extended till April 11
- 13-year-old dies of coronavirus in London
- Coronavirus test in Rangpur Medical begins
- 2 more coronavirus cases detected, raising total to 56
- Prince Charles recovers from coronavirus
- 9 more diagnosed with coronavirus, raising total to 70
- Philippines ambassador to Lebanon dies of coronavirus