55 pc work of Elevated Expressway completed
Published: 04:50 PM, 24 February 2020
Construction work of Dhaka Elevated Expressway
The 55 percent work — of the first phase of the mega road project Dhaka Elevated Expressway to reduce traffic congestion in the capital — has been completed. The project will be completed in October 2022 under the supervision of the Ministry of Road Transport and Bridges.
The work of the 46.73-km road — estimated the cost at Tk 8,940.18 crores — is underway in three phases in full swing from Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport to Kutubkhali on Dhaka-Chattogram Highway.
According to sources related to the project of the Ministry of Road Transport and Bridges, the mega road project Dhaka Elevated Expressway is being built at the center of Dhaka for better public service. After the design and land survey, the agreement was signed with the investor on December 15, 2013.
Then it takes about 5 years to start the main road from land acquisition, compensation to the victims and overall preparation. That is, formal construction began on April 1, 2019. To compensate the victims in the construction of the road, multi-storeyed buildings are being constructed at Uttara 3rd phase adjacent to Baunia.
The construction work of this road started from Kuril, Banani, Mohakhali, Tejgaon, Maghbazar, Kamalapur, Sayedabad, Jatrabari and Kutubkhali on Dhaka-Chattogram Highway.
AHMS Akhtar, director of the project, said the longest elevated expressway is the important projects that are going ahead for the development of the capital.
“The work is going on in three steps. The 1st step — from Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport to Banani Railway Station, 2nd step — Banani Railway Station to Maghbazar Rail Crossing, and 3rd step — Maghbazar Rail Crossing via Sayedabad- Jatrabari to Kutubkhali on Dhaka-Chattogram Highway,” he said.
In the 1st phase, 55 percent of the road work was completed. The utility removal and replacement work of the 2nd and 3rd step is in the final process. Phase 2 construction will begin in October this year. And in the construction of the third phase will also continue within October 3, 2021, AHMS Akhtar added.
So far, the construction of 1333 piles, 323 pile caps, 109 cross beams, 350 columns, 186 eye guarders of the whole project has been completed. In addition, 350 span eye guarders have been installed.
China Exim Bank, the investor of this project, is giving a loan of Tk 3,918 crores. Besides, Industrial and Commercial Bank of China (ICBC) is lending Tk 3400 crores.
- BBC broadcasts Islamic sermons in UK as mosques remain shut
- Coronavirus death toll surpasses 87,000
- Lockdown imposed in Khulna
- Infected physician sent to Dhaka from Sylhet
- 3 more infected with coronavirus in Chattogram
- Dengue claims 254 Indonesian lives amid coronavirus
- PM’s gift distributed among 1150 auto-rickshaw drivers
- Six reasons to why men prefer living alone
- Jamalpur under complete lockdown
- Another infected with coronavirus in Jamalpur
- Red flags on 20 houses in Chandpur
- All Rohingya camps ‘lockdown’
- Erdogan tweeted greeting for Shab-e-Barat
- 15-member medical team arriving from China
- 7 samples collected for coronavirus test in Kazipur
- Narsingdi set to lockdown from tomorrow
- 29 fined for violating ‘stay home’ rules in capital
- Agrani Bank officer infected; principal branch locked down
- Youth held for spreading rumors over coronavirus on Facebook
- Over 3 lakh people recovered from coronavirus
- Kopotakkho entering locality by breaching embankment
- Stokes becomes Wisden leading cricketer of the year
- Uthappa eyeing India WC team comeback
- COVID-19 patient escapes from Dhaka now at Rajbari isolation
- ‘Do not visit cemetery, shrines on Shab-e-Barat night’
- Chhatak Youth missing on his way to Turkey
- Popular singer John Prine dies from coronavirus
- Now Cox’s Bazar lockdown
- COVID-19 death toll surpasses 83,000
- 34 samples collected for corona test from Bogura
- All News »
- Fishermen killed dolphin in Cox’s Bazar
- Coronavirus death toll passes 50,000
- Sylhet records 1st coronavirus case
- Army to go tough from today
- BTV bringing back Humayun Ahmed’s ‘Bohubrihi’ ‘Kothao Keu Nei’
- Bangabandhu’s killer Abdul Majed held
- PM declares action plan to combat COVID-19 today
- Death toll passes 42,000 worldwide
- 11 in Mirpur, 9 in Bashabo contract from coronavirus
- Fire at Karwan Bazar
- 5 more test positive for coronavirus, raising total to 61
- Why today’s Supermoon `pink`
- Soldiers get urgent medical equips from Army Aviation
- Indian-origin South African HIV researcher dies from coronavirus
- Wimbledon cancelled for first time since World War II
- Bashundhara, Wari lockdown
- 13-year-old dies of coronavirus in London
- 5 more die from coronavirus, 41 fresh cases detected
- Case filed for ‘Genda Phool’!
- Ban on public transport extended till April 11
- Coronavirus test in Rangpur Medical begins
- Prince Charles recovers from coronavirus
- Narsingdi house lockdown over coronavirus suspicion
- 2 more coronavirus cases detected, raising total to 56
- 4 more die from coronavirus, taking total to 13: Health Minister
- 33 coronavirus patients recovered
- Coronavirus death toll surpasses 63,000
- 9 more diagnosed with coronavirus, raising total to 70
- 29 more diagnosed with coronavirus, raising total to 117
- Bachchu’s “Shei Tumi” storms in online in India