50,000 people suffer for lack of bridge
Published: 08:44 PM, 16 February 2020 Updated: 08:44 PM, 16 February 2020
Photo: Daily Bangladesh
Around 50,000 people are suffering for the lack of a bridge in Sandira-Bodla Khayaghat. This ghat is the only medium of communication for the village of Bodla, Palsha and Tebaria of Raninagar with Naogaon District Headquarters.
The victims said that if a bridge has been constructed at the ghat, people can skip the 15 km road. They will be able to move without any suffering.
Taniya Akhter, a student of Bodla village of Raninagar, said that an additional 15 km road had to be passed to reach Raninagar Upazila Sadar via Khayaghat. It is possible to reach Santahar College by passing five kilometers only by building a bridge here.
Zahurul Islam of Tebariya village said that there is no alternative to Khayaghat to transport patients on an emergency basis. Once you miss the boat you have to wait for about an hour. This makes the condition of the patient worse. Building a bridge here will relieve the suffering of patients, students, all classes of people.
Shamina Joardar, a member of Sandira village in Adamdighi, said that farmers and traders could easily transport goods if the bridge has been constructed at Sandira-Bodla Khayaghat. This will improve the trade of Adamdighi-Raninagar.
Adamdighi Upazila Engineer Sajedur Islam said that a proposal has been sent to construct the bridge at Sandira-Bodla Khayaghat.
Raninagar Upazila Engineer Saidur Rahman Mia said that the proposal has been sent for the 95-meter bridge. The proposal has been approved by ECNEC. The soil has already been tested. Construction of the bridge will be started soon by tender.
- Harassment in IEDCR hotline
- Govt for increase crop production to cope with coronavirus
- LGRD Minister helps 25,000 families in Cumilla
- Dhaka South Jubo League distributes food to 400 families
- 2 drug dealers arrested with 17-kg weeds
- Case filed for ‘Genda Phool’!
- Golfer Siddikur’s father passes away
- UNO walks to 212 beggars’ huts with food
- Madhupur youth tested negative for Coronavirus
- Sani asks Shakib about his silence
- Coronavirus: First-class cricketers donate 15-day salary
- DU to remain closed till Apr 11, Noboborsho programs postponed
- Primary class on Sangsad TV begins April 5
- Australia scientists begin test of potential COVID-19 vaccines
- Share market closed till April 11
- Request for 1yr VAT suspension in garment industry
- Britain, France and Germany send medical aid to Iran
- 8 Habiganj people test negative for coronavirus
- Holiday bank hour extended
- Youth shot dead by BSF along Thakurgaon border
- 2 corona deaths reported in Qatar are Bangladeshi
- Does mosquito spread COVID-19?
- 18 Bangladeshi die of coronavirus in NY 24 hrs
- Night temperature may rise by 1-2°C
- Law minister condoles death of Shamsur Rahman
- Singer Adam Schlesinger dies from coronavirus
- Coronavirus transforms before revealing symptoms: Study
- 2 arrested in Gazipur for spreading coronavirus rumors
- 2 more coronavirus cases detected, raising total to 56
- DC distributes relief at night to maintain social distance
- All News »
- Coronavirus hospital to be built in Dhaka like China
- School holiday draws to Eid
- 54 buildings of Mohammadpur under police surveillance
- Actor Kazi Maruf, his wife infected with coronavirus
- British PM Boris Johnson infected with coronavirus
- British health secy Hancock test coronavirus positive
- Lawsuit filed against China for coronavirus outbreak
- Alibaba donates Bangladesh 30,000 Covid-19 testing kits
- US actor dies from coronavirus
- AC land Sayma Hasan withdrawn
- BD made ‘Spondon’ to save the life of critical patients
- German minister commits suicide over ‘corona crisis worries’
- Coronavirus measures could cause global food shortage, UN warns
- 15 of 48 corona patient recovered in Bangladesh; No new case
- Spain virus death toll tops 4,000
- Corona death mounts to 33,976, infected over .72m
- Cat found infected with coronavirus in Belgium
- Malaysia’s King and Queen in quarantine
- Lessons for secondary level students begins on Sangsad TV
- Dogs will detect Covid-19!
- First royal dies of coronavirus
- Corona death surpasses 24000 (update list)
- Coronavirus death toll surges 21,000
- BGMEA decides to close all factories
- Security tightens in Dhaka street, police-army on field
- DSCC to provide one-month meal for 50,000 homeless
- Padma Bridge’s last pillar work completed
- 2 more coronavirus cases detected, raising total to 51
- England plans to return field by early May
- 101 yrs old Italian leaves hospital after healing from covid-19