50% of Padma Bridge works completed: Quader
Published: 12:40 PM, 28 December 2017 Updated: 09:34 PM, 3 January 2018
Daily Bangladesh Desk
Road Transport and Bridges Minister Obaidul Quader said on Tuesday that the around 50 percent of the Padma Bridge construction has been completed.
While inaugurating five new bridges at Srinagar on Munshiganj highway, Minister said, "The main construction work of the bridge has already progressed and additional time would be required for setting up the second span of the bridge."
Quader, also the Awami League general secretary, expected that within the middle of January the second span of the bridge will be installed. The rest 39 spans can be installed within a short period after the second one is installed, he added.
Minister said, “We hope the construction work on the bridge will be completed in due time.”
He said the government constructed five bridges including 16 meters long Mostafaganj bridge, 29 meters Randhuni Bari bridge, 14 meters Singhpara bridge, 18 meters Kola bridge and 23 meters long Kusumpur Baganbari Masjid bridge.
Besides, 29 bailey bridges are also being restituteted with concrete bridges, the minister added.
Quader believed that by the structural work of RCC/PCG bridges will be finished by the year of 2020
The program was attended by Additional Chief Engineer of Dhaka Zone Abdus Sabur, and Executive Engineer of Munshiganj Mamunur Rashid.
- Kamrup Kamakhya: Mystery of India
- Swastika Mukherjee in Bangladeshi movie
- BCB meets with Domingo-Shakib
- Scarlett Johansson: World`s most expensive actress
- JaPa to start nomination paper sale Sunday
- Teenage gang: A name of terror
- Woman kills sleeping husband
- Ten symptoms of uterus cancer
- Mosharraf Karim in Kolkata film!
- Saif hits ton but Bangladesh HP lost ODI series to SL
- Rahul Gandhi denied entry to Kashmir, sent back from airport
- Man in 3 different govt jobs at same time!
- People pay final tributes to Muzaffar Ahmed
- UAE woman seeks divorce for loving her too much!
- 3 including mother-son killed in Faridpur road crash
- 8 kills as bus falls into ditch breaking bridge railing
- Road fill with holes!
- Sylhet Sixers’ payment dispute with BCB solved
- 185 killed in 135 road crash during Eid holidays
- Modi to receive ‘Order of Zayed’
- Sri Lanka 244 all out in 1st innings
- Pori Moni spreads warmth in dawn’s avatar
- Magura police explained ban on shaggy style haircutting
- SAFF U-15 Championship: Bangladesh take on SL
- 4 Bangladeshis killed in Medina road crash
- Two RAB ASPs promoted as Addl SP
- Dengue claims minor child in M’singh
- Baby alive though trains passed over!
- Bus falls into ditch breaking bridge railing, kills 6
- Mim offers night call over phone
- All News »
- Visiting Largest Fish Aquarium of Bangladesh
- Yarsagumba: World’s most expensive medicinal fungus
- Momo stares in Hindi film!
- Amazon: lungs of the planet
- 7 killed as auto-rickshaw crashes into bus
- Bollywood hot cake Sunny Leone now in Dhallywood
- DU increases registration time for 52nd convocation
- PM receives Modi’s invitation letter
- Apu Biswas comebacks
- Medical admission test on Oct 4
- Razia Sultana: First lady ruler in India
- App launches to prevent dengue
- PEC exam schedule published
- Man United faces Wolverhampton tonight
- All you need to know about Islamic New Year
- Hong Kong protesters march peacefully
- 21st August: 15 yrs of bloody chapter
- La Liga: Atletico Madrid faces Getafe tonight
- Champions League qualifying match tonight
- New journey of Ranu Pagli !
- Jyoti’s new film in Kolkata
- A new milestone for Purnima
- 9th wage board: Hearing on state appeal ends
- Govt to recruit 61 thousand primary teacher
- ‘National School Meal Act-2019’ draft approves
- Daily ‘polypill’ reduces heart disease, stroke: study
- Elnaaz Norouzi: Iranian actress storms over social media
- Srijit a very good friend of mine: Mithila
- Minni’s bail petition to HC again
- Hardware security keys for Two-Factor Authentication!