5 more test positive for coronavirus, raising total to 61
Published: 12:16 PM, 3 April 2020 Updated: 05:31 PM, 3 April 2020
Health Minister Zahid Malek briefing press through online
Five more people tested positive for coronavirus in the last 24 hours, raising the total number of confirmed cases in the country to 61, said Health Minister Zahid Malek on Friday.
The minister came up with the information at a regular press briefing at the office of Institute of Epidemiology, Disease Control and Research (IEDCR) through online at around 12:15 pm.
Zahid Malek, however, said that no death from the deadly virus was reported in the last 24 hours in the country. Bangladesh has so far confirmed six deaths. Besides, 26 of the coronavirus patients have recovered and returned home.
The coronavirus, that first reported in China late last year, is now affecting 203 countries and territories around the world and 2 international conveyances.
As of Friday noon, a total of 1,016,330 people have been diagnosed with the virus worldwide, as the death toll rises to 53,238 while 213,132 patients have recovered.
More than a third of the world's population is now under lockdown as an increasing number of countries implement sweeping measures to fight the coronavirus pandemic.
To stop spreading the deadly coronavirus, the Bangladesh government on March 23 declared a nationwide 10-day holiday from March 26 to April 4 shutting down the government and private offices, excepting essential and healthcare facilities. Later, the general holidays was extended till April 9.
Apart from this, all educational institutions and coaching centres across the country have been closed till April 9. All have been requested to stay-at-home during the holidays unless they have a good reason to leave their homes.
- Anandabazar editor Anirban Chattopadhyay resigns
- 17 more test positive for coronavirus in Faridpur
- Former health minister Nasim tests positive for COVID-19
- 16 more infected with COVID-19 in Rangpur
- India expels two Pak diplomats ‘for espionage’
- Nasim hospitalized, sample collected for COVID-19 test
- Barishal reports 40 new COVID-19 cases
- Father, son among 6 killed in lightning strikes
- Litchi market inaugurated in Dinajpur
- Offices of edu insts can remain open
- Rupganj reports 60 new coronavirus cases
- ‘Pather Panchali’ comes in colour print
- Writ issued seeking license revocation of United Hospital
- Ex-DIG Bazlur Rashid denied bail
- Delhi border sealed for a week
- BMP`s Addl. Commissioner infected with COVID-19
- Coronavirus infected cases surge 1000 in Cumilla
- ‘No more than 25% officers can hold office’
- Everyone passed from tea-seller Khaleq’s school
- Budget session can be covered from Songsad TV
- Social distance not obeyed at Chandpur launch ghat
- Ovishar Cinema Hall at Tikatuli being demolished
- Sabbir denies allegation of harassing RCC cleaner
- Father and son killed in lightning
- Horn on duckling’s head stir in Pirgachha
- 112 overcome COVID-19 in Chakaria last month
- Tamim becomes WFP`s goodwill ambassador
- Armenian PM-entire family contract coronavirus
- Country to be divided into zones: Health Minister
- Global coronavirus deaths toll cross 374,000
- All News »
- Noble got married for 3rd time seven months ago!
- Noble made his wife Salsabil a model in music video
- 4 cops charged for killing a black man in US
- Thousands offer Eid prayers in knee-deep water
- 23 die, highest infection recorded in last 24 hrs
- Three killed as microbus falls into Munshiganj ditch
- Highest 1,975 COVID-19 cases in a day, 21 die
- 22 die, 1541 infected in last 24 hours
- Over 2000 infected in 24 hours, 15 dead
- Noble faces RAB interrogation
- Record deaths, infections in 24 hours
- Karate coach Humayun Kabir Jewel dies
- Fire at United Hospital: 5 COVID-19 patients die
- Electronic mask developed to prevent coronavirus!
- Offices resume from May 31
- SSC-equivalent results published, pass 82.87 pc
- 1166 new infected in 24 hrs, 21 die
- Brazil’s COVID-19 deaths surge past Spain
- Former national footballer Salauddin passes away
- India backs hydroxychloroquine for coronavirus treatment
- A thrilling operation by Police: 6 youths rescued from Sundarbans
- 26 Bangladeshis shot dead in Libya
- Xi Jinping asks Chinese military to prepare for battle
- Happy birthday ‘Legendary Actor’ Humayun Faridi
- Mahathir expelled from party
- Over 2000 infected in 24hrs, 22 dead
- SSC result today: How to pre-register
- Hong Kong `no longer autonomous`: Pompeo
- 1764 infected in 24 hours, 28 dead
- One dies, nine more test positive for coronavirus in Bhola