5 killed in truck-autorickshaw-car collision in Tangail
Published: 12:59 PM, 9 March 2020 Updated: 02:56 PM, 9 March 2020
The private car that met with the accident, Photo: Collected
Five people, including a man and his daughter, were killed and four others injured in a collision among a truck, a CNG-run auto-rickshaw and a private car in Mirzapur Upazila of Tangail on Monday.
The accident took place on the Gorai-Sakhipur road at Beltoil Bottala area of the upazila at around 10:30 am.
The deceased were identified as Sonamuddin, 60, of Kuratali village, his grandson Masraful, 10; Hridoy Hossain, 20, son of Khalilur Rahman of Beltoil village; Hafij Uddin, 60, and his daughter Renu Begum, 30.
Each of the victims was the auto-rickshaw passenger. Three of the injured were taken to Kumudini Hospital. The condition of each of them is critical.
SI of Dewhata Police out-post said a Hatibhanga-bound mud-laden truck rammed an auto-rickshaw and collided with a Goran-bound private car, coming from opposite dirrection, killing Hridoy and Mashraful dead on the spot.
Sonam Uddin died on the way to the hospital while Hafiz Uddin and his daughter succumbed to their injuries at a local hospital.
Police seized the truck but its drivers managed to flee, said the SI, adding that the bodies of the victims will be handed over to their family after the legal process.
- Libya killings: Case filed against 38 people
- Biden accuses Trump of trafficking in ‘resentment and fear’
- DU goes for online classes
- 2 girls commit suicide after failing in SSC exam
- Fierce protests in US: 3 protesters killed, 5 policemen shot
- 30 more test COVID-19 positive in Faridpur
- 3 of a family killed in Sirajganj road crash
- 9 including two nurses contract COVID-19 in Shariatpur
- Another policeman dies from coronavirus
- 1,256 more freedom fighters listed
- Illegal structures on govt canal
- SP greet 10 policemen after overcoming COVID-19 in Cumilla
- Bangladesh reports 1st Rohingya death in COVID-19 infection
- 3 incl lawyer, policeman die in Ctg
- PCR lab set up in Sheikh Fazilatunnessa hospital
- 90s popular musician Biplob now a taxi driver
- Abdul Halim named BSEC commissioner
- Fire at United Hospital: HC seeks report by Jun 14
- House owner fined as Aedes larvae found in building under-const
- 10 more UP chairmen-members suspended
- ACC director Basir’s bail plea rejected
- Imran pleas for lockdown-relax
- 1.5 crore families get govt relief
- DMP replaces three asst police commissioners
- Brutal murder story of Junko, who raped about 500 times in 44 day
- Laborer killed by overturning crane in Cumilla
- Hygiene not followed at bus terminals
- Abrar murder: Jion’s bail plea rejected
- Trade thru Bhomra land port resumes
- Gazipur reports 93 new infected cases
- All News »
- Noble made his wife Salsabil a model in music video
- Noble got married for 3rd time seven months ago!
- 4 cops charged for killing a black man in US
- 23 die, highest infection recorded in last 24 hrs
- Over 2000 infected in 24 hours, 15 dead
- 22 die, 1541 infected in last 24 hours
- Three killed as microbus falls into Munshiganj ditch
- Anandabazar editor Anirban Chattopadhyay resigns
- Record deaths, infections in 24 hours
- Karate coach Humayun Kabir Jewel dies
- Electronic mask developed to prevent coronavirus!
- Brazil’s COVID-19 deaths surge past Spain
- 1166 new infected in 24 hrs, 21 die
- Fire at United Hospital: 5 COVID-19 patients die
- Offices resume from May 31
- SSC-equivalent results published, pass 82.87 pc
- India backs hydroxychloroquine for coronavirus treatment
- Over 2000 infected in 24hrs, 22 dead
- Former national footballer Salauddin passes away
- Xi Jinping asks Chinese military to prepare for battle
- A thrilling operation by Police: 6 youths rescued from Sundarbans
- Record new cases in 24 hours, 37 dead
- 26 Bangladeshis shot dead in Libya
- Slain 26 Bangladeshis to be buried in Libya
- 1764 infected in 24 hours, 28 dead
- Happy birthday ‘Legendary Actor’ Humayun Faridi
- Music director Wajid Khan dies
- Mahathir expelled from party
- Hong Kong `no longer autonomous`: Pompeo
- Coronavirus case in country crosses 40,000