5 including newly-elected Ducsu VP Nur sued
Published: 01:28 PM, 12 March 2019
Nurul Haq Nur, File Photo
Five people, including newly-elected Vice-President (VP) of Dhaka University Central Students’ Union (Ducsu) Nurul Haq Nur, were sued for vandalism at Rokeya Hall and humiliating the hall Provost on Monday.
Rokeya Hall Provost Zennat Huda filed the case at Shahbagh Police Station on Moday night.
Ramna division's Deputy Commissioner of Police Maruf Hossain Sardar confirmed the information early Tuesday.
The other accused are - Litan Nandi, general secretary of Bangladesh Student Union; Khan Anisur Rahman, joint convener of Jatiyatabadi Chhatra Dal’s Shaheed Sergeant Zahurul Haque Hall unit; Umme Habiba Benojir, president of Chhatra Federation; and Sheikh Moushumi.
According to the source, quota reform movement leader Nur and other leaders of his panel went to Rokeya Hall around Monday noon after allegations were raised that three stuffed ballot boxes were kept there.
They asked the provost to show them the room but Zennat told them to wait until the proctor and chief election commissioner (CEC) arrived.
Following the allegations, CEC Mofidur Rahman, Proctor Golam Rabbani, and the president and general secretary of Bangladesh Chhatra League (BCL) went there. They held a meeting with the provost.
The residents of Rokeya Hall demonstrated raising allegations of vote fraud and some of them vandalised the hall’s polling booth.
After the meeting, Nur came out and was attacked allegedly by Chhatra League women activists. Later, he was taken to a private hospital.
After the incident, Zennat Huda filed the case against five people including Nurul Haque.
- Housewife`s body recovered from Chikli River
- Reckless Green Line takes woman`s life
- Bangladesh wins 3 bronze in International Biology Olympiad
- AL will compete in Ershad’s seat
- DU students to stage demo tomorrow
- Govt appoints 70 DAGs
- Ferries not to carry truck during Eid
- Two bodies recovered in Pabna
- Muri Paddy makes farmer happy
- Hajj 2019: Multi-Storey tents in Mina for first time ever!
- Aush-Amon flooded in Moulvibazar
- Emotional Patrick Stewart unveils new Star Trek
- DIG Mizan shown arrested in bribery case
- Artificial milk production: Cost TK 6, Sell TK 61!
- HC fixed further time for Greenline
- Abduction, blackmale then ransom
- Rooppur pillow issue: HC waits for ministry’s action
- Verdict against 5 Gaibandha Razakars any day
- Rajshahi Kings sign JP Duminy
- Death convict surrendered
- Law minister doesn’t consider Priya’s statement as seditious offence
- BJP politician downs Darwin’s theory of evolution
- No action to be taken hastily against Priya Saha: Quader
- 7 including 4 cops killed in dual blast in Pakistan
- WhatsApp: Security & privacy
- Tractor rams motorcyclist in Dinajpur
- Fire at Banani multi-storey building again
- Eating burger links chronic diseases!
- Hammerhead shark found first-ever
- Court denies bail for Minni
- All News »
- Priya’s allegation is not correct: US Ambassador
- Child’s head in bag, youth lynched in Netrokona
- ‘Lady Killer’ Tisha to fight against formalin in food
- No more sight this life: Bidisha
- Priya falsify to Trump about Bangladesh
- Bride, bridegroom among 10 killed as train hits microbus
- HSC exam results tomorrow
- Rifat murder: Minni at Police Line for questioning
- HM Ershad passes away
- Ershad’s offspring: who & where
- BPSC announces dates for 38th BCS viva
- Police want 10-day remand of Minni
- England win Cricket WC after Super Over drama
- Rifat killing mastermind Minni; says police
- Stocks maintain positive trend
- 8 boards attain 71.85 pc pass rate
- Ershad’s first namaz-e-janaza held
- None took ‘liability of denying legal support’ to Minni
- 3 kids drown in flood water, 1 missing
- Ershad’s 1st janaza at army central mosque
- Accused stabbed dead by another in front of judge in court
- How to get HSC result
- Put Myanmar for Rohingya return; FM urges US
- Minni sent to jail
- Sohel Rana speechless on Ershad’s death
- PM to inaugurate ‘Benapole Express’ Wednesday
- Woman lynched over child-lifting rumour: 500 sued
- Ershad’s body in Rangpur
- PM urges DCs to be sincere for accelerated development
- HSC pass rate increases 7.9 pc