5 get electoral symbols for Gaibandha-3 polls
Published: 11:05 AM, 12 January 2019 Updated: 11:05 AM, 12 January 2019
Daily Bangladesh Desk
A total of 5 candidates got electoral symbols and a copy of the electoral code of conduct on Friday to contest the upcoming Parliamentary polls slated for January 27 from Gaibandha-3 (Sadullapur-Palashbari) constituency of the district.
Deputy Commissioner (DC) and also Returning Officer Abdul Matin formally distributed the symbols to the candidates or their authorized persons at his conference room of the district collectorate building here on Friday.
Those who received symbols for contesting the Parliamentary polls from the constituency are Awami League nominee Dr Younus Ali Sarker (Boat), Jatiya Party (Ershad) nominee Barrister Dilara Khandakar (Plough), Jatiya Samajtantrik Dal candidate SM Khademul Islam Khudi (Torch), NPP candidate
Mizanur Rahman Titu (Mango) and independent candidate Abu Zafar M Zahid (Lion).
DC Abdul Matin warned the candidates not to violate the code of conduct and said violators would be spared and legal actions would be taken against the violators as their duty is to ensure a level field playing for the candidates.
Additional District Magistrate Kaisarul Islam, District Election Officer Mahbubur Rahman and journalists of print and electronic media including national news agency were present on the occasion.
To get the electoral symbols, the candidates and their supporters and workers crowded in the conference room enthusiastically and started electoral campaign to the voters here like other parts of the country.
The Parliamentary election slated for December 30 was postponed due to the sudden death of Oikyofront candidate Dr TIM Fazle Rabbi Chowdhury on December 19 due to illness.
Then, the Election Commission announced the re-schedule of the election to be held on January 27.
- Ex-hockey captain Ibrahim Saber passes away
- Bangladeshis stuck off Tunisia disembark
- Naogaon youth admits to raping girl after killing her mother
- 3 twin sisters of Mymensingh rescued
- UN expert blames Saudi for Khasuggi Killing
- 4 charged with murder over downing of MH17
- Bangladesh made fastest growth in Asia-Pacific region
- Use your phone as a robot to avoid boring work !
- Dhaka Abahani thrash Manang Marshyangdhi 5-0
- Monkeys face climate change extinction threat
- Dubai’s Quranic Park landscape to express story of Islam!
- PCB to review cricket side, support personnel`s performance
- Upbeat Tigers take on Australia tomorrow
- SC upholds HC order on minimum age for FF
- UNO to get Pajero worth Tk 90 lakh
- Bangladesh sets global model in cutting poverty says PM in JS
- World No Tobacco Day tomorrow
- New Zealand restrict South Africa to 241
- Colorful pictures emblazon schools environment
- Govt will identify 30 lakh martyrs: PM
- Hilsa’s abundance in Padma-Meghna
- Quader asks to form new committees before national council
- 108th birth anniversary of poet Sufia Kamal tomorrow
- India opener Dhawan out of World Cup
- Govt to introduce health insurance for all: PM
- Jubo League leader stabbed dead in Madaripur
- Dr Nurun Nahar made IU law dept chairperson
- Navy Chief returns home
- Selima,Tuku in BNP’s standing committee
- ‘BD hosting 1.2 mn Rohingyas refugees from Myanmar’
- All News »
- Apurba’s younger brother commits suicide
- Akash of N’ganj made Lamborghini!
- Uber driver’s slit-throat body found in Uttara
- Shakib, Liton star as Tigers beat Windies
- Ex-Sonagazi OC Moazzem held
- Australia beat Pakistan by 41 runs
- Mila’s assistant threw acid at Sanjari’s private parts!
- Ramp up pressure on Myanmar
- Oil tanker collision in Chattogram port, closes vessels movement
- PM orders for professional skill based promotion of army men
- 53 children die in India from brain disease linked to lychee
- 8 children injured as ceiling of hospital caves in
- Finance Minister starts unveiling budget
- BGB man killed by lightning strike
- Myanmar buying weapons despite int’l arms embargoes
- England wins beating Windies
- ‘Lack of harvesting laborers results of employment opportunities’
- College girl torched in Narsingdi, 1 held
- 2 students killed in Pabna road crash
- Tigers won toss, bowl first
- Cigarette, bidi prices go up in Budget FY20
- Tk 5,23,190cr budget for FY20 unveils in Parliament
- ‘Rohingya crisis may destabilise Asia if not resolved’
- Bangladesh informs UN about Myanmar’s non-cooperation
- Facing measles outbreaks, NY bans religious vaccination exemption
- Gayle falls for duck!
- Most-detailed-ever; black hole mystery disclosure
- Caribbeans set 322-run target for Tigers
- England beat Afghanistan by 150 runs
- Cop sues wife on charge of torture for dowry