5 ‘drug traders’ killed in 4 districts ‘gunfights’
Published: 12:38 PM, 21 November 2018 Updated: 12:38 PM, 21 November 2018
Five 'drug traders' were killed in reported gunfights with law enforcers in Cox's Bazar, Munshiganj, Sylhet, and Khulna districts.
In Cox's Bazar, two suspected drug traders were killed in 'gunfight' with police at Kathbania Marine Drive in Teknaf upazila early Wednesday.
The deceased were identified as Najir Dacoit, 35, son of Abdur Rahim of Kachina and Abdul Amin, 35, son of Amir Hamza of Jadimora Nayapara area of the upazila.
Tipped off, a team of police conducted a drive in the area around 3:30 am, said Pradeep Kumar Das, officer-in-charge of Teknaf Police Station.
Sensing danger, the criminals opened fire on police, prompting them to fire back in self-defense that triggered a gunfight.
Four policemen were injured during the gunfight.
In Munshiganj, a suspected drug trader was killed in a reported gunfight with members of Rapid Action Battalion (Rab) at Deulbari in Tongibari upazila early Wednesday.
The deceased was identified as Abdul Hossain Sheikh, 49, son of Nazim Uddin Sheikh of Kunderbazar village of the upazila. He was wanted in 18 cases including of drug.
Tipped off, a team of Rab-11 conducted a drive in the area around 1 am, said its deputy commanding officer Major Ashik Billal.
Sensing the presence of the Rab members, the criminals opened fire on Rab members, forcing them to fire back in self-defense.
Later, the elite force members recovered the bullet-hit body of Abul Hossain from the spot.
In Sylhet, a suspected drug trader named Shahid Mia was killed in a reported gunfight with members of Rapid Action Battalion (Rab) at Srirampur of South Surma Upazila on Wednesday.
This incident happened on Tuesday night at the Srirampur area of Moglabazar Police Station under South Surma upazila.
According to RAB's information, Shahid Miah, the top drug commissioner listed by the Interior Ministry, was killed.
A foreign pistol and a large quantity of yaba were recovered from the spot.
In Khulna, Mirajul Islam alias Maruf Hossain alias Corfu Maruf (43), who was accused in several cases including murder and extortion of the district, was killed in a shootout.
The incident took place around 10:30 pm on Tuesday at the Kartikkotti Balur field in Daulatpur.
The deceased was identified as Maruf Dighlia, son of Abdul Gaffar Sheikh of village Daraara of the upazila. He was a fugitive for a long time.
Daulatpur Police Station OC Kazi Mostak Ahmed confirmed the matter to Daily Bangladesh.
- Another spell of gas suspension in Capital Tuesday
- People throng book fair ignoring gloomy weather
- Real suffer shock home loss to Girona
- Student organisations remain at variance over DUCSU polls
- Saudi crown prince reaches Pakistan amid tension
- Shanaya Kapoor takes first step in Bollywood
- `India shouldn`t play against Pakistan in WC 2019`
- Maqbul Ahmed resigns from Jamaat
- Lights in Hili
- Fuel price hike cause UK’s airline end
- Collective efforts need to mitigate urban poverty
- `2000 edu institutions to be brought under MPO soon`
- Nirab murder: accused arrested
- Hearing on Jamaat’s appeal soon: AG
- Bogura AL President Momtaz Uddin dies
- Mahmudullah, Boult fined by ICC
- PM at IDEX inaugural in Abu Dhabi
- Sightly lake fascinates visitors
- RU to observe Dr Zoha day tomorrow
- Messi scores one penalty out of two in win
- Ebola kills nearly 100 children
- CORR fall not at expected level yet: ACC Chm
- School banking to create savings habit
- Japan PM nominated Trump for Nobel
- Bangladeshi killed in Saudi Arabia road crash
- Manna’s 11th death anniv today
- Drug trader killed in Cumilla gunfight
- ‘All parties not taking part in UZ polls disappointing’
- 32 grenades recovered in Khulna
- ‘Sagar-Runi’ Murder report delay for 63rd time
- All News »
- ‘Work with history of country’s Language Movement’
- WB to cooperate with Bangladesh: Qimiao Fan
- Spain teeters on brink of snap election
- Bangladesh, Indian Air Forces can work together: PM
- Net house potato farming gains ground in Rajshahi
- Pakistan summons Indian envoy to protest `baseless allegations`
- Which channel broadcast BAN vs NZ series
- Biswa Ijtema begins tomorrow
- Elderly couple among 3 killed in Munshiganj road crash
- Haunting beauty of ghost towns
- “AL not embarrassed of BNP’s case against polls”
- Mithun`s fifty takes Bangladesh to 226
- Mashrafe confident of BD`s chances despite Shakib`s absence
- 28 including drug traders held in Dinajpur
- Illusions about losing weight
- PM visits LGRD ministry
- College student killed in Madarganj road crash
- Israel shoots dead two Palestinian teenagers
- Pahela Falgun being celebrated
- Two drug traders held with phensedyl
- Speech-impaired college-girl raped, man held
- Seven yrs of Sagar-Runi murder
- Ali, employee of Daily Bangladesh, injured in road crash
- Barcelona, Man City to play tonight
- NZ clinch ODI series 2-0 against Tigers
- 3 motorcyclists killed in Gazipur road crash
- 5 mayor aspirants get symbols
- “’Fagun Haway’ will inspire new generation in patriotism”
- Al Mahmud admitted to ICU
- Emergency declared in Russia over polar bear ‘invasion’