5 ‘drug traders’ killed in 4 districts ‘gunfights’
Published: 12:38 PM, 21 November 2018 Updated: 12:38 PM, 21 November 2018
Five 'drug traders' were killed in reported gunfights with law enforcers in Cox's Bazar, Munshiganj, Sylhet, and Khulna districts.
In Cox's Bazar, two suspected drug traders were killed in 'gunfight' with police at Kathbania Marine Drive in Teknaf upazila early Wednesday.
The deceased were identified as Najir Dacoit, 35, son of Abdur Rahim of Kachina and Abdul Amin, 35, son of Amir Hamza of Jadimora Nayapara area of the upazila.
Tipped off, a team of police conducted a drive in the area around 3:30 am, said Pradeep Kumar Das, officer-in-charge of Teknaf Police Station.
Sensing danger, the criminals opened fire on police, prompting them to fire back in self-defense that triggered a gunfight.
Four policemen were injured during the gunfight.
In Munshiganj, a suspected drug trader was killed in a reported gunfight with members of Rapid Action Battalion (Rab) at Deulbari in Tongibari upazila early Wednesday.
The deceased was identified as Abdul Hossain Sheikh, 49, son of Nazim Uddin Sheikh of Kunderbazar village of the upazila. He was wanted in 18 cases including of drug.
Tipped off, a team of Rab-11 conducted a drive in the area around 1 am, said its deputy commanding officer Major Ashik Billal.
Sensing the presence of the Rab members, the criminals opened fire on Rab members, forcing them to fire back in self-defense.
Later, the elite force members recovered the bullet-hit body of Abul Hossain from the spot.
In Sylhet, a suspected drug trader named Shahid Mia was killed in a reported gunfight with members of Rapid Action Battalion (Rab) at Srirampur of South Surma Upazila on Wednesday.
This incident happened on Tuesday night at the Srirampur area of Moglabazar Police Station under South Surma upazila.
According to RAB's information, Shahid Miah, the top drug commissioner listed by the Interior Ministry, was killed.
A foreign pistol and a large quantity of yaba were recovered from the spot.
In Khulna, Mirajul Islam alias Maruf Hossain alias Corfu Maruf (43), who was accused in several cases including murder and extortion of the district, was killed in a shootout.
The incident took place around 10:30 pm on Tuesday at the Kartikkotti Balur field in Daulatpur.
The deceased was identified as Maruf Dighlia, son of Abdul Gaffar Sheikh of village Daraara of the upazila. He was a fugitive for a long time.
Daulatpur Police Station OC Kazi Mostak Ahmed confirmed the matter to Daily Bangladesh.
- On Mars, sands shift to a different drum
- How to enhance or suppress memories
- Theresa May profile
- Panchagarh Express maiden voyage tomorrow
- 20 student burnt to death in India
- Record budget for FY2019-20: Finance Minister
- Mother of two ‘gang raped’ in Noakhali
- We have fought having month-long fasting: AG Minister
- Lightning kills 3 in B’baria, Habiganj
- PM to open 2nd Meghna, Gumti bridges tomorrow
- Terrible traffic jam in Rupganj
- Collapse risk of College boundary in Nalitabari
- Aruk Munshi: living reflect of Bangabandhu
- 300 orphan received PM’s Eid gifts
- Lightning kills three in Habiganj
- Injury scare for Eoin Morgan
- Tigers’ fan song ‘Cholo Bangladesh’ for World Cup composed
- High-security Ebola burials spark dismay, anger in DR Congo
- SpaceX launches first satellites of its internet network
- Mosque blast kills 2 in Pakistan
- British PM Theresa May announces to resign
- Itikaf: Significance and its virtues in Ramadan
- Sri Lanka to bowl first against SA
- Two country`s pending issues will be resolved: Quader
- Modi plots course after landslide Indian election win
- Kushtia Tailors passing busy time
- 3 more Bangladeshi survivors return home
- Jenner, Banderas, turn out for glitzy amfAR gala near Cannes
- Rain with gusty wind likely over country
- PCB bans wives and family from travelling with team
- All News »
- People on Mars by 2033 or 2060
- Six killed as bus hits tree in Bagerhat
- Narayanganj’s Araihazar OC withdrawn
- Ronaldo coming to Dhaka in Mujib Year
- Messi scores twice but Barcelona held
- JS body discusses security of women, children
- Contributions of General Aziz Ahmed as ex Director General of BGB (Part I)
- `Final should not decide my future`
- 3000 tubewells need to free from arsenic
- Eid advance bus ticket sale begins
- Ukraine`s new president Zelensky calls snap elections
- HC seeks reports of lab test on 93 more food items
- Thor actor Isaac Kappy commits suicide
- World Telecommunication and Information Society Day today
- 2 hijackers killed in Hazaribagh gunfight
- Cabinet reshuffle: Murad moved to Info Ministry
- ‘AL not a political party only, organization also’
- Eid holidaymakers’ sufferings to be reduced
- The Army Chief of Bangladesh urges to increase interoperability of land forces
- Robert Pattinson cast to play new Batman
- 152,000 passed in NTRCA preli
- Rumin Farhana gets BNP’s reserve seat nomination
- Polls to suspended 5 UZs on June 18
- Taskin in WC reserve squad finally
- Sheikh Hasina’s homecoming day today
- OC withdrawn over schoolgirl Barsha’s suicide after rape
- AIUB pupil’s body recovered from GF`s house
- Shakib-less Bangladesh opt to field
- 15 Bangladeshi survivors return home
- 6 women among 11 killed in ‘massacre’ at bar