5 Al-Qaeda operatives arrested in Pakistan's eastern province
Published: 05:30 PM, 8 December 2018 Updated: 05:30 PM, 8 December 2018
Daily Bangladesh Desk
Pakistani law enforcement agencies said Saturday they arrested five operatives of Al-Qaeda in Pakistan's eastern province Punjab, local media reported.
Local media quoted official sources as saying that the Counter Terrorism Department (CTD) of police along with personnel of intelligence agencies and security forces conducted an operation early Saturday morning in Sadar area of Bahawalpur, a district in southern part of Punjab.
Police said the operation was conducted after the intelligence agencies informed police about the presence of some terrorists of a banned outfit in a hideout.
All the five terrorists were working for Al-Qaeda network in the southern part of Punjab and they were planning to attack some sensitive sites.
A big cache of automatic weapons, suicide jackets, hand grenades, live bullets, explosive devices, and local and foreign currencies was recovered from the terrorists' possessions.
All the detained terrorists were shifted to an unknown place for further interrogation.
Earlier on Nov. 28, the CTD arrested three terrorists belonging to a banned outfit from the same district.
Pakistani security forces and local law enforcement agencies have arrested thousands of suspects in combing operations since February 2017 under the umbrella of the Operation Radd-ul-Fasaad, a joint effort to disarm and eliminate the hidden terrorist sleeper cells across the country.
- Magnitude 8 earthquake strikes Peru
- Historical Conquest of Mecca
- ‘Gas supply’ in Capital suspended tomorrow
- No unity in Oikya Front: Information Minister
- PM for girls’ vocational education
- JP`s proposal to ensure safe Eid- journey
- Trump and Abe do diplomacy over golf and sumo
- ‘Bangabandhu Aviation & Aerospace University’ to be established
- Maritime ports advised to lower signal
- Close aide of Smriti Irani shot dead
- Cricket on moving ship! Video Viral
- Bangladesh achieve unique success in power services
- Temperature may rise (1-3)°C
- President returns home after 11 day
- Modi appointed as India’s PM for second term
- Bangladeshi shot dead in US
- Bangladeshi shot dead by BSF
- Old warhorse Malinga keeps Sri Lanka dreaming
- Tigers to face Pakistan this afternoon
- S Africa to meet Windies today in WC warm-up
- Taylor, Williamson lead NZ to beat India
- Facebook plans cryptocurrency launch next year
- Don’t want to continue as CM, Mamata tells party
- `Special session` will be held with different arrangements
- Messi wins his sixth European Golden Shoe
- Bangladesh take on Pakistan in 1st warm-up tomorrow
- President to return home tomorrow
- Mannan leaves for Bangkok tomorrow
- Tk 20 labor cost for per mount rice in govt warehouse
- Road crash kills 3 in B`baria
- All News »
- Contributions of General Aziz Ahmed as ex Director General of BGB (Part I)
- Messi scores twice but Barcelona held
- Ronaldo coming to Dhaka in Mujib Year
- JS body discusses security of women, children
- Taylor, Williamson lead NZ to beat India
- Ukraine`s new president Zelensky calls snap elections
- `Final should not decide my future`
- HC seeks reports of lab test on 93 more food items
- Aruk Munshi: living reflect of Bangabandhu
- 2 hijackers killed in Hazaribagh gunfight
- Cabinet reshuffle: Murad moved to Info Ministry
- Eid holidaymakers’ sufferings to be reduced
- The Army Chief of Bangladesh urges to increase interoperability of land forces
- 152,000 passed in NTRCA preli
- Rumin Farhana gets BNP’s reserve seat nomination
- 6 women among 11 killed in ‘massacre’ at bar
- OC withdrawn over schoolgirl Barsha’s suicide after rape
- Polls to suspended 5 UZs on June 18
- 29 fake question leakers held in Satkhira
- Adventurous operation BEKPA-2 (Episode-1) under Captain Touquir
- 15 Bangladeshi survivors return home
- AIUB pupil’s body recovered from GF`s house
- PM inaugurates Panchagarh Express
- Commercial operation of BS-I begins today
- On Mars, sands shift to a different drum
- Actress Maya Ghosh dies
- Poet Helal Hafiz hospitalized
- Highest power generation recorded
- Contributions of General Aziz Ahmed as ex Director General of BGB (Part II)
- When Jail-guard are ‘drug dealers’!