Health department in Feni
450 of 1200 posts vacant
Published: 10:19 PM, 19 February 2020
Photo: Daily Bangladesh
The health department in Feni is struggling to maintain the quality of service due to a severe manpower crisis where 450 posts of 1175 posts are vacant for years.
After visiting the hospital, it was seen that 9 of the 10 consultant positions at 50-bed Parshuram Upazila Health Complex are vacant. Of the 137 approved posts in this upazila, 72 posts are vacant. There are four vacancies in the five consultant positions in Daganbhuiyan. In addition, of the 148 approved posts, 51 are vacant.
According to Health Department data, recruitment activities have been stopped in the district since 2010. Vacancies are increasing due to retirement and transfer.
It is further stated that of the 14 of the 34 posts of District Civil Surgeon office, 64 of the 253 posts at Feni General Hospital, 13 of 16 posts of Cardiac Diseases Hospital, 11 of 17 posts of Cardiac clinic, 14 of the 23 posts of Trauma Center is now vacant.
Besides, 74 of 166 posts of Sonagazi Upazila Health Department, 69 of 154 in Chhagalnaiya, 37 of the 100 posts in Fulgazi, 43 of the 127 posts in Feni sadar are vacant.
Daganbhuiyan Health Dr. Rubaiyat Bin Karim said the doctors' crisis has been overcome. However, due to the vacancies in the third and fourth grades, it is difficult to handle the situation, he added.
Parshuram and Chaglanaiya health officials said the matter of vacancies had been reported to senior authorities multiple times.
Feni’s civil surgeon Dr. Abdul Momen said the first and second class appointments are from the Public Service Commission. The third and fourth class appointments are from the Ministry of Health and the Department of Health. The appointment is closed due to writ with the court, he added.
- 60,000 Gazipur families get 15-day food
- 190 at home quarantine, 10 released
- Free medical campaign by doctor couple in Shariatpur
- Tabligh Jamaat Amir Maulana Saad infected with coronavirus!
- 7 doctors to provide 24-hour online medical service
- Food aid for poor in Rupganj
- Rice selling at Tk 10 starts Sunday
- 24 hrs curfew issued in Mecca-Medina
- News of ‘exempting home rent’ is rumor
- AFC postpones 2027 Asian Cup host selection
- Coronavirus death toll passes 50,000
- City turns to ‘ghost’ town!
- UNO donates one-month salary and allowance to poor
- Real Madrid legend Benito passes away
- Child Shara donates tiffin money to poor
- Ban on mask and sanitizer export lifted
- COVID-19 death toll in Spain surges 10,000
- Coronavirus death toll in US crosses 5,113
- PM asks govt officials, employees to use mask
- Bengali drama on Coronavirus issue
- Philippines ambassador to Lebanon dies of coronavirus
- Harassment in IEDCR hotline
- Govt for increase crop production to cope with coronavirus
- LGRD Minister helps 25,000 families in Cumilla
- Dhaka South Jubo League distributes food to 400 families
- 2 drug dealers arrested with 17-kg weeds
- Case filed for ‘Genda Phool’!
- Golfer Siddikur’s father passes away
- UNO walks to 212 beggars’ huts with food
- Madhupur youth tested negative for Coronavirus
- All News »
- Coronavirus hospital to be built in Dhaka like China
- School holiday draws to Eid
- Actor Kazi Maruf, his wife infected with coronavirus
- 54 buildings of Mohammadpur under police surveillance
- British PM Boris Johnson infected with coronavirus
- British health secy Hancock test coronavirus positive
- Lawsuit filed against China for coronavirus outbreak
- Alibaba donates Bangladesh 30,000 Covid-19 testing kits
- US actor dies from coronavirus
- BD made ‘Spondon’ to save the life of critical patients
- AC land Sayma Hasan withdrawn
- Coronavirus measures could cause global food shortage, UN warns
- German minister commits suicide over ‘corona crisis worries’
- Spain virus death toll tops 4,000
- 15 of 48 corona patient recovered in Bangladesh; No new case
- Corona death mounts to 33,976, infected over .72m
- Cat found infected with coronavirus in Belgium
- First royal dies of coronavirus
- Dogs will detect Covid-19!
- Malaysia’s King and Queen in quarantine
- Lessons for secondary level students begins on Sangsad TV
- Corona death surpasses 24000 (update list)
- Coronavirus death toll surges 21,000
- Padma Bridge’s last pillar work completed
- England plans to return field by early May
- DSCC to provide one-month meal for 50,000 homeless
- BGMEA decides to close all factories
- Security tightens in Dhaka street, police-army on field
- 101 yrs old Italian leaves hospital after healing from covid-19
- 2 more coronavirus cases detected, raising total to 51