‘Work with history of country’s Language Movement’
Published: 10:35 PM, 15 February 2019 Updated: 10:39 PM, 15 February 2019
President speaks in special premiere show function of `Fagun Hawai`
President M Abdul Hamid asked dramatists, filmmakers, writers, researchers and intellectuals to work more with the Language Movement and spread the history and tradition of it amongst all.
The president said, “The spirit of Amar Ekushey has become an inspiration of global people to preserve their respective languages and cultures . . . spread the history and traditions of 1952 Movement.”
President M Abdul Hamid said this while he was addressing a function of a special premiere show of a movie based-on 1952’s movement named Fagun Hawai” (In Spring Breeze) at Bangabhaban in the capital on Friday.
Lauding the initiative of filmmakers and others concerned for their endeavour, the head of the state said the film would help new generations know the real history of Language Movement and the supreme sacrifices of the then young heroes on February 21 in 1952.
“This will help new generations inspire imbued with the patriotism and more gear up the spirit of Freedom Struggle,” he said, terming the supreme sacrifice for the mother tongue as rare incident in the world. The Language Movement is not only gave us the right of mother tongue, but also gave a new dimension in our story, drama, film, literature and culture, President Hamid observed.
The President also recalled the spirit of Language Movement that subsequently expedited the freedom struggle and Liberation War under the leadership of Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman.
Noting that Bengalese is the first nation in the world who sacrificed their lives for their mother tongue, he said the contribution of the martyrs didn’t go in vain as some 193 countries across the world now observe the 21st February as the International Mother Language Day.
The President said the present government led by Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina has taken different steps to preserve as well as develop the mother tongues of minority groups including the tribal and other ones.
Textbooks were also printed in their respective mother languages of indigenous people, he mentioned.
“Fagun Hawai” director and actor Toukir Ahmed, Managing Director of Impress Telefilm Faridur Sagor Reza and Director and Head of Channel i Shykh Seraj also spoke on the occasion.
- ‘Work with history of country’s Language Movement’
- Heart health: Love one you`re with
- Conduct leastwise two cases free: CJ
- Navy Chief in UAE arms exhibition
- PM joins Munich Security Conference
- India warns Pakistan of `strong response`
- Trump to spend $8B for Mexico wall
- Haiti president breaks silence finally
- ‘Fagun Haway’ draws huge acclamation
- UN sought $920m for Rohingya
- Motorcyclist killed in Nanglokote road crash
- 78th birthday of Dr Wazed tomorrow
- Myanmar court sentences two to death for Muslim lawyer`s murder
- Dhaka for OIC help on Rohingya issue
- PM seeks more WHO engagement
- Facebook taps user data to defend workers from threat
- Farmers dream in coriander
- Barca extent Valverde contract until 2020
- Tea output increases 57 pc in northern districts
- Allama Shafi with helicopter in Ijtema
- Hong Kong stocks open lower
- Bomb-like eggplant recovered at CU
- Committee formed to celebrate Bangabandhu’s centenary
- Bangladesh brace for another trail by NZ pace
- Messi is ready for Valverde
- 3 held over Eden College`s ex-principal murder
- First lady makes Valentine’s Day art with pediatric patients
- Trump to declare emergency over Mexico border wall
- Actor Farooque injured
- Mushfiqur on the verge of making double-century
- All News »
- Trinamool Lawmaker shot dead in West Bengal
- WB to cooperate with Bangladesh: Qimiao Fan
- Spain teeters on brink of snap election
- Bangladesh, Indian Air Forces can work together: PM
- Net house potato farming gains ground in Rajshahi
- Which channel broadcast BAN vs NZ series
- Biswa Ijtema begins tomorrow
- Elderly couple among 3 killed in Munshiganj road crash
- Haunting beauty of ghost towns
- “AL not embarrassed of BNP’s case against polls”
- Mashrafe confident of BD`s chances despite Shakib`s absence
- 28 including drug traders held in Dinajpur
- Illusions about losing weight
- PM visits LGRD ministry
- College student killed in Madarganj road crash
- Israel shoots dead two Palestinian teenagers
- Pahela Falgun being celebrated
- Two drug traders held with phensedyl
- Speech-impaired college-girl raped, man held
- Seven yrs of Sagar-Runi murder
- 3 motorcyclists killed in Gazipur road crash
- 5 mayor aspirants get symbols
- Al Mahmud admitted to ICU
- Emergency declared in Russia over polar bear ‘invasion’
- Hong Kong stocks open lower
- AL reveals 2nd phase UZ polls candidates name
- Saraswati Puja today
- IAF Chief to visit Dhaka today
- Tomorrow’s SSC exam deferred to March 2
- DUCSU `election schedule` today