4 killed in Mymensingh road crash
Published: 08:43 PM, 21 February 2020 Updated: 08:43 PM, 21 February 2020
Four CNG run auto-rickshaw passengers were killed and four others were injured as a bus hit the auto at Haluaghat in Mymensingh.
The accident took place in the Lagunathpur area of Mymensingh-Haluyaghat road on Friday afternoon.
Deceased were identified as Shakib, Ariful Islam of Rahela village, Mizanur Rahman of Nihchantpur and Sajib Ahmed of Baghmara village of the Upazila.
Haluaghat Police Station Officer-in-Charge Biplob Kumar Biswas said the auto-rickshaw was going to Haluaghat with passengers from Dharabazar. When they reached the Lagunathpur area, a Dhaka-bound bus of Imam from Haluaghat hit the autorickshaw. Ariful and Sajib died on the spot while seven others were injured. The locals took them first to the Upazila Health Complex and later to Mymensingh Medical College Hospital. Shakib and Mizanur died while undergoing treatment there.
The OC also said two bodies were recovered from the spot but the driver fled though the bus was recovered.
- Coronavirus death toll rise to 36,912, infected over .76m
- Coronavirus claims over 1200 lives in just 3 hours
- China stays with Bangladesh in war against coronavirus
- Woman dies of dyspnoea, all family members in quarantine
- PM calls 12 ministers-secretaries
- Rice at Tk 30, flour at Tk 18
- Netanyahu in self-isolation after aide tests corona-positive
- Singer Fahmida Nabi in house-arrest in London
- Reason of German minister’s suicide unveiled
- 2 killed in Naogaon road crash
- Indefinite hat-bazar shutdown in Barguna
- Tea-worker family in Quarantine in Kamolganj
- Test your coronavirus infection risk at home
- FBCCI to provide PPE to health service workers
- 40 youths’ great initiative to tackle coronavirus
- Tokyo Olympics pushed back a year
- DC door to door with sack on shoulder
- Pandemic coronavirus death toll crosses 35,000
- MP Jakob donates Tk 25 lakh to Charfashon-Manpura poor
- ICDDRB to test coronavirus
- US-Bangla provides PPE to all hospitals
- Netanyahu`s aide tests positive for coronavirus
- Fire hits 6 houses in Gopalganj
- CUET to remain shut until April 9
- Dhoni set for international retirement!
- Over 500 deaths recorded in US in a day; 21,000 infected
- PM to hold videoconference on coronavirus situation tomorrow
- Coronavirus: India to release 3000 prisoners!
- Woman in quarantine under open sky!
- Woman dies of breathing difficulties in Sunamganj, family quarantined
- All News »
- 147 new deaths reported in a hour, infected 345,289
- Coronavirus hospital to be built in Dhaka like China
- Hantavirus: All you need to know
- Corona death surging to 19000
- Japan claims to develop COVID-19 vaccine
- Coronarvirus infection climbed to 38 million globally
- 54 buildings of Mohammadpur under police surveillance
- British PM Boris Johnson infected with coronavirus
- Actor Kazi Maruf, his wife infected with coronavirus
- One more dies of coronavirus in Bangladesh
- All govt-private institutions closed until April 4
- US actor dies from coronavirus
- Lawsuit filed against China for coronavirus outbreak
- Coronavirus affected nurse kills herself ‘to protect others’
- 3 doctors die of Corona in Philippines
- British health secy Hancock test coronavirus positive
- Coronavirus death toll rises to 17,451
- AC land Sayma Hasan withdrawn
- Spain sees record 514 deaths in one day
- Now man dies from ‘hantavirus’ in China, 32 tested positive
- Alibaba donates Bangladesh 30,000 Covid-19 testing kits
- Gopalganj road crashes kill 2 motorcyclists, injure 26
- India to go into full lockdown from midnight
- Coronavirus death toll rises to 5 in country
- US lawyer files $20 tn indemnity against China
- Italy reports 683 more coronavirus deaths
- Italy registers 59,138 coronavirus cases, 5,476 dead
- Sanitizers free of cost in Bangladesh!
- 11 killed as gunmen attack Sikh religious complex in Kabul
- 15 of 48 corona patient recovered in Bangladesh; No new case