4 injured in Bogura cylinder blast
Published: 05:57 PM, 16 April 2021
4 injured in Bogura cylinder blast; File Photo
Four people, including three members of a family, were burnt when a gas cylinder exploded at a house in Sherpur, Bogura. The injured were admitted to Shaheed Ziaur Rahman Medical College (SZMC) Hospital in Bogura.
The accident took place at Anwar Hossain's house in Mahipur Colony village of Garidaha union of the upazila at 10am on Friday.
The injured are Anwar Hossain, his wife Helena Begum, son Nuruzzaman and Amena Khatun, wife of neighbor Motahar Hossain.
Sherpur Fire Service and Civil Defense Station Officer Ratan Hossain confirmed the information.
He said Anwar Hossain of Mahipur village went home with a new gas cylinder from the local market. Then he went to the kitchen and tried to connect the cylinder with the stove. At that time, the cylinder exploded. He and three members of his family were burnt. A woman from the neighborhood was also burnt while trying to rescue them.
Upon receiving the news, the fire service personnel reached the spot and first took the injured to the local Upazila Health Complex. Later, when their condition deteriorated, they were admitted to the burn unit of SZMC Hospital in Bogura.