314 Bangladeshis return from China, 7 at hospital
Published: 12:58 PM, 1 February 2020 Updated: 05:13 PM, 1 February 2020
The Biman Bangladesh Airlines special flight, bringing back stranded Bangladeshis, arrived in Dhaka just before noon on Saturday from the Chinese city of Wuhan, the epicentre of deadly coronavirus.
The flight BG-7002 operated by Boeing 777-300 ER aircraft carrying 314, landed at Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport (HSIA) around 11:45 am.
After health check-up, seven of the returnee Bangladeshis were sent to the hospital and the remaining were sent to Ashkona Hajj camp directly from the Airport to be quarantined for the next 14 days, said airport health officer Shaharia Sajjad.
Earlier around 6:00 pm on Friday, the special flight with 15 crew members and four physicians was departed HSIA for Wuhan.
Meanwhile, the returnee Bangladeshis have expressed satisfaction over returning home. Many of them returned with family. Although 316 Bangladeshis were scheduled to return, the Biman returned home without two of them due to their high body temperature.
On Friday, Foreign Minister Dr AK Abdul Momen said that the health ministry has taken all arrangements at the Hajj camp to make the returnees quarantine. “They will be under observation and examined. When they are diagnosed as virus-free, we will let them go after 14-days,” the minister said.
Echoing that no one will be allowed to leave the hajj camp before 14 days, the health minister requested the relatives of the returnees not to gather at the camp in the next 14 days to see their dear ones.
The health minister said they have enough manpower comprising Directorate General of Health and Army medical core to manage the situation. He said the health ministry has already prepared a treatment protocol as per guideline of the World Health Organization (WHO) to manage the situation.
“We have already published a booklet regarding the treatment protocol and distributed it to all government and private hospitals across the country,” he added.
Earlier, the foreign minister said 15 Bangladeshi students informed the Beijing mission that they don’t want to return home to avoid any possibilities to transmit the disease in Bangladesh.
The World Health Organization declared a global emergency over the new coronavirus, as China reported Friday the death toll had climbed to 259 with 11,791 people infections.
- Medical aid in hilly areas by Air Force’s helicopter
- EU could fail to coronavirus
- Coronavirus isolation unit at Titumir College
- Coast Guard DDG promoted to rear admiral
- 244 Bangladeshis infected with Coronavirus in Singapore
- 286 sailors of US warship detected coronavirus
- Two more infected with coronavirus in Jamalpur
- Drug dealer detained with 78-kg marijuana
- President calls for prayer at home on night of Shab-e-Barat
- Food distributed among 800 families in Nandail
- Measures to do at hospital to refrain from COVID-19
- PM urges everyone to devote with teachings of Shab-e-Barat
- Barricades on roads in Kotalipara
- People rushing to banks for withdrawing money
- DNCC opens hotline for relief
- CMP monitors home quarantine through mobile app
- 5 rounds of rocket attacks at US base in Afghanistan
- BB reschedule transactions time
- Locals lock down Munshefpara
- Govt to provide all supports for protein production
- NY man contracting corona while buying toothpaste after 12 days of quarantine
- Teenager dies with cold, cough in Ctg
- Young doctors must come forward to tackle corona: DGHS
- Coronavirus claims over 89,000 lives; 1.5 million infected
- Housewife beaten to death in Bogura
- 12kg marijuana recovered in Satkhira
- Bangladesh`s home series against Australia postponed
- Bangladeshis stranded abroad to be brought back: A. Momen
- Sisimpur to be aired in 19 languages
- 25 reported negative in Chandpur, 12 awaiting
- All News »
- Fishermen killed dolphin in Cox’s Bazar
- Coronavirus death toll passes 50,000
- Sylhet records 1st coronavirus case
- Army to go tough from today
- BTV bringing back Humayun Ahmed’s ‘Bohubrihi’ ‘Kothao Keu Nei’
- Bangabandhu’s killer Abdul Majed held
- PM declares action plan to combat COVID-19 today
- Why today’s Supermoon `pink`
- Fire at Karwan Bazar
- 11 in Mirpur, 9 in Bashabo contract from coronavirus
- 5 more test positive for coronavirus, raising total to 61
- Bashundhara, Wari lockdown
- 5 more die from coronavirus, 41 fresh cases detected
- Soldiers get urgent medical equips from Army Aviation
- Wimbledon cancelled for first time since World War II
- Ban on public transport extended till April 11
- Case filed for ‘Genda Phool’!
- Coronavirus test in Rangpur Medical begins
- 4 more die from coronavirus, taking total to 13: Health Minister
- 3 more die from coronavirus, 54 new infected
- 29 more diagnosed with coronavirus, raising total to 117
- Coronavirus death toll surpasses 63,000
- 33 coronavirus patients recovered
- 3 more detected with coronavirus in Keraniganj, area ‘lockdown’
- 9 more diagnosed with coronavirus, raising total to 70
- PM unveils Tk 72,750cr package to overcome coronavirus impact
- 2 more coronavirus cases detected, raising total to 56
- New IGP Benazir, Mamun as new RAB DG
- Bachchu’s “Shei Tumi” storms in online in India
- China to ban eating cats and dogs