307 retired senior govt officials express solidarity with AL
Published: 07:31 PM, 7 December 2018 Updated: 10:41 PM, 7 December 2018
Daily Bangladesh Desk
As many as 307 retired senior government officials today expressed solidarity with the Awami League (AL) and pledged to work for the victory of pro-liberation forces in the upcoming national election.
The retired officers expressed their solidarity with the AL when they called on Prime Minister and AL President Sheikh Hasina at Ganabhaban here in the evening.
Of them, 142 are former principal secretary, senior secretaries, secretaries, chairman and members of different commissions, former ambassadors, additional secretaries and joint secretaries.
They include former chairman of Anti-Corruption Commission Md Badiuzzaman, ex-chairman of the Energy Regulatory Commission AR Khan, former chairman of the Privatisation Commission Molla Wahiduzzaman, former Principal Secretary Dr Kamal Abdul Naser Chowdhury, ex-auditor and comptroller generals Masud Ahmed and Md Abul Kashem, former senior secretaries Mezbah Uddin, Md Mezbah ul Alam and Yunusur Rahman and ex-principal information officer AKM Shamim Chowdhury.
Former secretaries Abu Taher, Hemayet Uddin Talukdar, Mahbub-ul-Alam Khan, Shailendra Nath Mazumdar, Abdul Malek Mia, Dewan Zakir Hossain, Sunil Kanti Bose, Syed Ali Kabir, Sheikh Khurshid Alam, Atahrul Islam, Samar Chandra Paul, Nurul Haque, Abdul Mannan Hawlader, ATKM Ismail, Shafiqul Azam, Qamrunnesa Khanam, Md Mizanur Rahman, Khandakar Asaduzzaman, Md Kazi Akhtar Hossain, Arastu Khan, MA Qader Sarkar, Dr Chowdhury Md Babul Hasan, AHM Masud Siddiqui, Md Azizur Rahman, Shafik Alam Mehedi, Kazi Akhtar Uddin Ahmed, ALM Abdur Rahman, Humayun Khalid, Anwar Faruk, Shaheen Khan, Mansur Ali Shikdar, Zahurul Alam, Writi Ibrahim, Nazrul Islam Khan, Dr Khondakar Shawkat Hossain, Michail Shipar, Khorshed Alam Chowdhury, MA Hannan, AKM Amir Hossain, Nurunnabi Talukdar, Fakhrul Islam, Golam Rabbani, Sirajul Islam, Shyamal Kanti Ghosh, AM badruddoza, Shirin Akhtar, Khandakar Iftekhar Haidar, Kaikobad Hossain, Abu Mohammad Mostafa Kamal, Nazmul Islam, Mamtaz Ala Shakur Ahmed, Nazim Uddin, Ashok Madhab Roy and Dr Prashanta Kumar Roy and Shamsul Haque, ex-ADB official Parvez Imdad, former Public Service Commission members Kazi Nasirul Islam, Md Wazed Ali Khan and Zahurul Alam expressed solidarity.
Ex-ambassadors ATM Nazrul Islam, Mizanur Rahman, Md Azizul Haque, Golam Mohammad, Md Abdul Hannan, Atikur Rahman, Iktiar Chowdhury, Wahidur Rahman and Abdus Sattar also expressed solidarity with the AL at the function.
Former additional IGPs Abdul Mannan, Md Shamsuddoha Khandakar, Amulya Bhushan Barua and Abdul Mannan, ex-DIGs of police Mostak Hossain, AHM Feroz Kabir, Golam Mostafa, Shah Alam Shikdar, Mohammad Anwar Hossain, Abdul Jalil Mandal and Shafikur Rahman expressed solidarity.
Besides, 165 retired officers from health, education, engineering, forests, posts, police, tax, information, telecom, customs and excise, audit and accounts, railway, food and agriculture cadres expressed solidarity.
At the outset of the function, they greeted the prime minister by presenting bouquets.
PM’s Political Affairs Adviser HT Imam was present at the function while former principal secretary Dr Kamal Abdul Naser Chowdhury moderated it.
- Best exercise for your heart
- Truck carrying aid crosses border: OPPO MP
- Golden jubilee of Bangabandhu title observed
- Palestinians’ pray in long-closed part of Al-Aqsa
- Toxic liquor death stood 102 in Assam
- Sanai’s wedding tunes with ex-Minister
- Venezuela soldiers abandon posts at Colombia border
- PM releases stamp on Bangabandhu title’s golden jubilee
- Fire guilty should be trialed: GM Quader
- Chemical found! Dail 9556014
- Scout for free from militant, drugs: AG Minister
- Snow to strike Britain again freeze!
- Chemical godowns shift starts
- Tobacco use Loss over Tk 30,000 cr per yr
- Our fight is for Kashmir, Not against Kashmiris: Modi
- Vidya on banning Pakistani artistes in India
- 300 vehicles on fire near Bengaluru Air Show
- Mithila again in love!
- Savings Week 2019 begins in Rajshahi
- John Keats recall; Physician to Poet
- Mendis, Fernando carry Sri Lanka to historic win
- Cleanliness crush program in RMCH
- BCL declers Shovon-Rabbani pannel
- Marshall Islands consider radical measures
- NASA’s new DNA for alien search
- Salman Shah`s death report submission date deferred again
- Guaido defies travel ban
- AL nomination meeting today
- Assam toxic liquor death toll mounts to 84
- Mola in ponds improves others` nutritional quality
- All News »
- Pakistan summons Indian envoy to protest `baseless allegations`
- Another spell of gas suspension in Capital Tuesday
- 16 burnt, 50 injured in Churihatta fire
- JnU BCL committee dissolved
- BCL factional clash hurt 45 in JnU
- Daily Bangladesh mourns death in Chawkbazar fire
- 1 killed as tree fall in capital, 7 injured
- Drug trader hurt in Chatmohor gunfight
- Mithun`s fifty takes Bangladesh to 226
- Gas supply shutdown in Dhaka including Savar
- Nation set to pay homage to language martyrs
- Ali, employee of Daily Bangladesh, injured in road crash
- Barcelona, Man City to play tonight
- Japan probe Hayabusa2 makes asteroid landing
- NZ clinch ODI series 2-0 against Tigers
- “’Fagun Haway’ will inspire new generation in patriotism”
- Death toll in Nigeria attack doubles to 130
- Samsung to launch US retail stores in smartphone push
- Prominent poet Al Mahmud dies
- Last tributes to poet Al Mahmud at Bangla Academy
- 1st phase of nomination withdrawal ends today
- General Osmani’s 35th death anniversary today
- Sadhan urges officials to brighten up govt image
- Zulfikar Ali will survive if he got your help
- SERG Zahurul Haque’s death anniversary observed
- No pardon for drug traders: IGP
- India shouldn`t play Pakistan in World Cup: Harbhajan
- Maduro blasts US for ‘stealing’
- Saudi Arabia strikes $10bn China deal
- Shop gutted in Sylhet fire