307 retired senior govt officials express solidarity with AL
Published: 07:31 PM, 7 December 2018 Updated: 10:41 PM, 7 December 2018
Daily Bangladesh Desk
As many as 307 retired senior government officials today expressed solidarity with the Awami League (AL) and pledged to work for the victory of pro-liberation forces in the upcoming national election.
The retired officers expressed their solidarity with the AL when they called on Prime Minister and AL President Sheikh Hasina at Ganabhaban here in the evening.
Of them, 142 are former principal secretary, senior secretaries, secretaries, chairman and members of different commissions, former ambassadors, additional secretaries and joint secretaries.
They include former chairman of Anti-Corruption Commission Md Badiuzzaman, ex-chairman of the Energy Regulatory Commission AR Khan, former chairman of the Privatisation Commission Molla Wahiduzzaman, former Principal Secretary Dr Kamal Abdul Naser Chowdhury, ex-auditor and comptroller generals Masud Ahmed and Md Abul Kashem, former senior secretaries Mezbah Uddin, Md Mezbah ul Alam and Yunusur Rahman and ex-principal information officer AKM Shamim Chowdhury.
Former secretaries Abu Taher, Hemayet Uddin Talukdar, Mahbub-ul-Alam Khan, Shailendra Nath Mazumdar, Abdul Malek Mia, Dewan Zakir Hossain, Sunil Kanti Bose, Syed Ali Kabir, Sheikh Khurshid Alam, Atahrul Islam, Samar Chandra Paul, Nurul Haque, Abdul Mannan Hawlader, ATKM Ismail, Shafiqul Azam, Qamrunnesa Khanam, Md Mizanur Rahman, Khandakar Asaduzzaman, Md Kazi Akhtar Hossain, Arastu Khan, MA Qader Sarkar, Dr Chowdhury Md Babul Hasan, AHM Masud Siddiqui, Md Azizur Rahman, Shafik Alam Mehedi, Kazi Akhtar Uddin Ahmed, ALM Abdur Rahman, Humayun Khalid, Anwar Faruk, Shaheen Khan, Mansur Ali Shikdar, Zahurul Alam, Writi Ibrahim, Nazrul Islam Khan, Dr Khondakar Shawkat Hossain, Michail Shipar, Khorshed Alam Chowdhury, MA Hannan, AKM Amir Hossain, Nurunnabi Talukdar, Fakhrul Islam, Golam Rabbani, Sirajul Islam, Shyamal Kanti Ghosh, AM badruddoza, Shirin Akhtar, Khandakar Iftekhar Haidar, Kaikobad Hossain, Abu Mohammad Mostafa Kamal, Nazmul Islam, Mamtaz Ala Shakur Ahmed, Nazim Uddin, Ashok Madhab Roy and Dr Prashanta Kumar Roy and Shamsul Haque, ex-ADB official Parvez Imdad, former Public Service Commission members Kazi Nasirul Islam, Md Wazed Ali Khan and Zahurul Alam expressed solidarity.
Ex-ambassadors ATM Nazrul Islam, Mizanur Rahman, Md Azizul Haque, Golam Mohammad, Md Abdul Hannan, Atikur Rahman, Iktiar Chowdhury, Wahidur Rahman and Abdus Sattar also expressed solidarity with the AL at the function.
Former additional IGPs Abdul Mannan, Md Shamsuddoha Khandakar, Amulya Bhushan Barua and Abdul Mannan, ex-DIGs of police Mostak Hossain, AHM Feroz Kabir, Golam Mostafa, Shah Alam Shikdar, Mohammad Anwar Hossain, Abdul Jalil Mandal and Shafikur Rahman expressed solidarity.
Besides, 165 retired officers from health, education, engineering, forests, posts, police, tax, information, telecom, customs and excise, audit and accounts, railway, food and agriculture cadres expressed solidarity.
At the outset of the function, they greeted the prime minister by presenting bouquets.
PM’s Political Affairs Adviser HT Imam was present at the function while former principal secretary Dr Kamal Abdul Naser Chowdhury moderated it.
- Mild heat wave likely to continue
- Rajshahi growers likely to export 50 tonnes mango
- Drug trader killed in gunfight with BGB
- 9 nurses pregnant at one hospital at same time
- 2 hijackers killed in Hazaribagh gunfight
- Jubo League leader shot dead in Rangamati
- 6 women among 11 killed in ‘massacre’ at bar
- War would mean ‘end’ of Iran: Trump
- Snatcher killed in Chattogram gunfight
- Today’s sports on TV
- Messi scores twice but Barcelona held
- Blast injures tourists near Giza pyramids
- Simmons to step down as AFG coach after WC
- Exit polls says Modi could assume again as India PM
- Mobile banking transaction limit increased
- Niketa gets AL ticket for Bogura-6 by-poll
- PM host Iftar for freedom fighters and orphans
- Bangladesh will play in semi-final: Akash Chopra
- Pollard, Bravo named in Windies` CWC19 reserves
- Farmers face Tk 11,000 loss per Bigha!
- Security to be beefed up for Eid-ul Fitr: HM
- World Metrology Day tomorrow
- Setaria farming to increase fertility
- Cabinet reshuffle: Murad moved to Info Ministry
- How to pass 65 days?
- Bangladesh`s World Cup mission starts
- Second semifinal to be held at Edgbaston
- May plans ‘bold offer’ to get support deal
- 152,000 passed in NTRCA preli
- Life-Changing Lessons from the Quran (Part-1)
- All News »
- Bangladesh easily chased down Ireland`s 292
- Magnitude 7.5 quake hits off Papua New Guinea
- Justice Salma Masud accused of changing court verdict
- People on Mars by 2033 or 2060
- Narayanganj’s Araihazar OC withdrawn
- Bringing flavor back to tomatoes
- Messi scores twice but Barcelona held
- Six killed as bus hits tree in Bagerhat
- May agrees timetable to choose new UK PM
- Protik’s World Cup song ‘Banglar Damal Chelera’
- Poverty rate comes down
- BCL announced full-fledged committee
- PM likely to visit 3 countries
- Quader returns home this evening
- Eid advance bus ticket sale begins
- Quader to join his office today
- Two Rohingya human traffickers killed in gunfight
- Thor actor Isaac Kappy commits suicide
- Active bullock cart, crisis of day laborer
- 3000 tubewells need to free from arsenic
- HC bars use of phrase ‘fake freedom fighter’
- World Telecommunication and Information Society Day today
- Secret of sensational Majed killings revealed
- Man accused in 12 cases killed in gunfight
- Advanced train ticket sale begins May 22
- ‘AL not a political party only, organization also’
- President reaches London
- Magistrate`s car attacked in Ctg
- Tigers storm into final with emphatic win
- Sheikh Hasina’s homecoming day today