3 yaba carriers including teenage girl detained at airport
Published: 10:40 PM, 6 September 2019
Photo: Daily Bangladesh
Airport Armed Police have arrested three including a teenage girl for carrying yaba at Shahjalal International Airport. 8,000 yaba pieces were recovered from them.
The arrestees are Farzana Akhter Mim, 14, Md Yamin, 32, and Shariful Islam, 26.
Confirming the matter, Alamgir Hossain, Additional Superintendent of Police (Operations and Media) of the Airport Armed Police, said that they were detained on Friday in separate drives.
On secret information, Farzana Akhter Mim was detained from outside the airport’s Domestic Terminal at around 1:30 pm. Later, 1,000 yabas were recovered in 20 airtight packets from her.
On the other hand, Yamin was detained from the pond shore outside the airport’s Domestic Terminal at 2:00 pm. Later, 4,000 yabas were recovered after searching his body.
In addition to this, Shariful Islam was detained at 3:00 pm from the public toilet adjacent to the airport’s Domestic Terminal. Later, 3,000 yabas were recovered after searching his body.
During the interrogation, the arrestees said they were mainly yaba carriers. They were supposed to collect the yabas from the original owner. Among those arrestees — there is a yaba case against Md Yamin at Jatrabari Police Station.
A separate case has been filed with the airport police station.
- Make popcorn at home
- Woman teems 4 children at once
- Mentally disabled man memorizes entire Holy Quran
- ‘Enjoy rape in failure to prevent’
- Chris: World’s heaviest sheep ever
- Alia-Ranbir wedding card revealed!
- ‘Nagad’ account in 1 minute
- Govt incentive surges remittance flow
- Goat morsels plant: Youth killed in scuffle
- MPO Enroll: Priority given to remote areas’ insts
- 4 companies fined in Chandina market
- FICA supports players’ strike
- ECNEC clears 5 projects of Tk 4636.80 cr
- No ‘Classical Music Festival’ this year
- Asif plays villain in debut!
- 37th BCS Non-cadre result published
- OC dismissed for intercedes Razakar
- Sand imported from China instead of cotton
- No Salary for 27 months despite daily attendance Tk 60
- UK team meets DU VC
- Nusrat murder case verdict Oct 24
- Way to use body scrubber to get brighter skin
- NBR gets time to report on chemical testing unit
- 157 dead in Iraq protests: new official toll
- Bimal Biswas left WPB
- Hearing on Robi’s due appeal Thursday
- Cricketers’ movement unexpected: Papon
- Amitabh apologizes, storm on social media
- Banning unlicensed easybike-rickshaw in city
- Stop unhealthy race on roads: PM
- All News »
- Pooja Zunjar, new born baby die as family fails to get ambulance
- Child Tuhin murder: 2 relatives give statement
- JMI Hospital Requisite holds IPO road show
- Padma Bank Limited receive insurance cheque
- Now father allegedly kills child in Faridpur
- 3 women killed as truck hits human hauler
- Now PUBG bans in Bangladesh
- Jubo League age decision at Ganabhaban: Quader
- Brutal murder of child: Case filed against 10
- Typhoon Hagibis: Death toll rises to 68 in Japan
- Abrar murder chargesheet soon: HM
- PM urges UGC not to go beyond rules
- Sunny, Al Amin recalled for India T20 series
- Siddik has relations with multiple girls, alleges wife Mim
- New labor laws in Qatar benefiting migrant workers
- 35 pilgrims killed as bus crashes in Saudia Arabia
- Padma Bridge work progress 84 pc
- Gold bars worth Tk 6.5cr recovered in Shah Amanat
- DU ‘Ka’, ‘Cha’ unit admission test results tomorrow
- Johnson sends unsigned letter to EU for Brexit delay
- Japan keen to expand existing bilateral ties: Envoy
- 2 pedestrians die after being hit by bus
- T20 World Cup Qualifier begins today
- ‘Kathin Chibar Dan’ being celebrated
- BUET students’ call off protests
- 9 addl judges appointed to HC
- City Bank MD alleged for sexual assault
- DU ‘A’ unit admission test result postponed
- Sabila Nur’s honeymoon preparation!
- ‘Kurigram Express’ to be launched today