3 water company licenses cancel, 7 postpones
Published: 03:44 PM, 26 February 2019 Updated: 03:59 PM, 26 February 2019
Referring to the approved 10 brand bottles and Jar water in the market as low quality, the BSTI has submitted a report to the High Court (HC).
The report said the activities of BSTI from January 1 to February 18 of this year. During this, the seven of the ten companies’ licenses were suspended and three were canceled.
The report was submitted to the bench comprising Justice Sheikh Hasan Arif and Justice Rajik Al Jalil on Tuesday. The court then asked the safe food about their work to operate the water. The HC ordered to provide their work within next Tuesday.
Deputy Attorney Md Mokhlesur Rahman was present for the state. Md JR Khan Robin was present for the petitioner. Barrister Muhammad Faridul Islam (Farid) was on behalf of the safe food authority.
It is said in the report that during the period, 69 surveillance teams were conducted drives and seized 33575 illegal water jar and 65 cases were filed. 28 samples were collected from the market for the test. Out of 22 reports, 12 are standard and 10 are lower.
And after asking the 10 companies to show cause, 3 companies didn’t respond. So their license was canceled. The remaining 7 are asked for time to improve the quality. That’s why their license has been postponed. 36 factories have been stopped due to no license.
Licenses canceled companies are – ‘Ananda Plus’ brand of Ananda Food & Beverage, ‘Real First’ brand of Real Food & Beverage, ‘Best One’ of Best One Drinking.
Licenses postponed companies are - Safe International’s ‘Kanny’ brand (Jar), Sinha Bangladesh Trade Limited’s ‘Aqua Mineral’ brand (small bottle), ‘Alma’ brand (small bottle) of Ast Beverage Limited, M/S Crystal Food & Beverage’s CFB brand (Jar), ‘Osma’ Brand of M/S Urotech Trade & Technology (Jar), ‘Epic’ brand of Unity Agro Food and Beverage Industries (Jar), Fruits and Flavors’ ‘Yummy Yummy’ brand (Flat Bottle).
- Chikon Kala: Jungal of insatiable demons
- Man City hit eight in Watford demolition
- `BNP’s politics centered on illness of Khaleda Zia`
- Over 100 arrested in Paris `yellow vest` protests
- Nawaz, Iftikhar return to Pakistan side for SL ODIs
- Taylor Swift cancels concert amid animal rights criticism
- Iran issues `battlefield` warning as US deploys troops
- Shakib star as Bangladesh win over Afghanistan
- Judge dies after eating Bidya’s cook food!
- Reason behind children’s happiness
- RAB’s drive in Chattogram’s three clubs
- ‘Action to be taken wherever irregularities found’
- 3 students die in Dinajpur boat capsize
- Bangladesh seals thrilling 5-run win against India
- Four died in West Bengal in NRC panic
- Bangladesh lost both openers
- Blind-deaf travels 130 countries
- Bangladesh restrict Afghanistan to 138
- Action against all if evidence found: HM
- 20-beds hospital still not launched in 14yrs
- Ways to prevent upper lips sweat
- JU admission test starts Sunday
- Murder accused killed in Chattogram gunfight
- Kalabagan Krira Chakra president on 10-day remand
- Bus supervisor killed in Natore road crash
- Bangladesh opt to field
- Cops look for burqa woman taking Minni’s photos!
- Bangladesh starts U-18 SAFF championship with win
- Fairytale’s Hiramon
- Talks with Cameron: Suu Kyi lies over Rohingyas’ identity
- All News »
- PM to receive two more int’l awards
- RAB’s drive: Jubo League leader GK Shamim detains
- Codex Gigas: The Devil’s Bible
- 142 held over police raid in capital`s Young Men’s club casino
- RAB sealed `Golden Dhaka Bangladesh` casino
- Fire breaks out at Shwapno Super Shop in Banani
- Thimmamma Marrimanu: A 550 yr old giant banyan tree
- Juba League leader Khaled arrested
- White House: A monstrous residence
- Ancient Babylon: A city and a civilization
- DU ‘Ka’ unit admission test today
- Movile Cave: Mysterious dark-ranch of 5.5 m yrs old insects
- Shovon-Rabbani axed, Nahian-Lekhak made BCL’s acting president, GS
- Ex-Miss World Manushi Chhillar to crown Miss World Bangladesh
- Pygmy: The forest lovers
- BD youth died in Malaysia, body can’t bring as address not found
- 4 Pak troops killed in Afghan border
- Afif leads Tigers to winning start in Tri-series T20
- DU ‘Ka’ unit admission test Friday
- Young Tigers thrash India, target 107
- PM to receive ‘Dr Kalam Smriti Int’l Excellence Awards ‘19’
- Salman Shah’s weeklong birthday celebration
- Bakarkhani, symbol of an ‘immortal love’ story
- Robert Mugabe: Liberator to brutal tyrant
- Nargis Fakhri coming to Dhaka
- Puja Cherry got married!
- Mysterious dragon of Boga Lake
- DU ‘Kha’ unit admission test begins
- ‘Chapati Tuhin’ killed in Narayanganj gunfight
- 7 Chinese warship patrolling Indian Ocean