3 water company licenses cancel, 7 postpones
Published: 03:44 PM, 26 February 2019 Updated: 03:59 PM, 26 February 2019
Referring to the approved 10 brand bottles and Jar water in the market as low quality, the BSTI has submitted a report to the High Court (HC).
The report said the activities of BSTI from January 1 to February 18 of this year. During this, the seven of the ten companies’ licenses were suspended and three were canceled.
The report was submitted to the bench comprising Justice Sheikh Hasan Arif and Justice Rajik Al Jalil on Tuesday. The court then asked the safe food about their work to operate the water. The HC ordered to provide their work within next Tuesday.
Deputy Attorney Md Mokhlesur Rahman was present for the state. Md JR Khan Robin was present for the petitioner. Barrister Muhammad Faridul Islam (Farid) was on behalf of the safe food authority.
It is said in the report that during the period, 69 surveillance teams were conducted drives and seized 33575 illegal water jar and 65 cases were filed. 28 samples were collected from the market for the test. Out of 22 reports, 12 are standard and 10 are lower.
And after asking the 10 companies to show cause, 3 companies didn’t respond. So their license was canceled. The remaining 7 are asked for time to improve the quality. That’s why their license has been postponed. 36 factories have been stopped due to no license.
Licenses canceled companies are – ‘Ananda Plus’ brand of Ananda Food & Beverage, ‘Real First’ brand of Real Food & Beverage, ‘Best One’ of Best One Drinking.
Licenses postponed companies are - Safe International’s ‘Kanny’ brand (Jar), Sinha Bangladesh Trade Limited’s ‘Aqua Mineral’ brand (small bottle), ‘Alma’ brand (small bottle) of Ast Beverage Limited, M/S Crystal Food & Beverage’s CFB brand (Jar), ‘Osma’ Brand of M/S Urotech Trade & Technology (Jar), ‘Epic’ brand of Unity Agro Food and Beverage Industries (Jar), Fruits and Flavors’ ‘Yummy Yummy’ brand (Flat Bottle).
- Korea to give coronavirus detecting machine to Bangladesh
- ICC unveil Women`s T20 World Cup trophy
- Journey of ‘Adventure of Sundarban’ from March
- Youth killed over bike collision with tree
- Coronavirus: Father hides son
- Coronavirus: 10,844 discharged from hospital
- Faf du Plessis steps down as South Africa captain
- Smoking in the office, use contractors’ cars!
- Youth lynched in Bagerhat
- Biker killed on way to relative’s funeral
- Barapukuria Coal Mine graft case: Hearing on Mar 29
- 3 members of Rohingya trafficking gang held
- ‘Digital’ irregularities in digital machine
- Whomever you voted, I am Chief Minister of all: Kejriwal
- Absconding murder accused arrested after 29 yrs
- US not to take back its 40 corona affected nationals
- Housewife commits suicide over family dispute
- 1st coach of Metro rail arrived
- Ivanka Trump wears hijab for mosque visit
- One victim of Narayanganj gas fire dies
- CUET student Tahmid dies
- Gunmen attack in church kills 10
- Traffic resumes on Bangabandhu Bridge
- Rs 49 lakh fake note seized in capital, 8 held
- Jahanara finds way to do well in Australia
- Mashrafe walks to DU
- Abrar murder: Hearing deferred again
- Special event for ‘Concert for Bangladesh’
- India castoffs UN mediation proposal on Kashmir
- Ctg’s 5 flights landed in Dhaka
- All News »
- Promise Day today
- ‘Kache Ashar Oshomapto Golpo’ to be aired on 13 channels
- 13 dead as trawler capsizes in Bay, 10 missing
- Corona patient shot dead in North Korea
- 8 of a family burnt in N’ganj gas burner explosion
- Young Tigers to receive ‘Water Salute’ at airport
- China’s coronavirus death toll jumps to 1,113
- Couple make history with N.Ireland`s first same-sex marriage
- HC upholds death penalty for 5 militants
- Soumya to get married this month
- Oscar 2020: Full list of winners
- Heroes return home today
- PM opens Sheikh Kamal IT Centre in Rajshahi
- Yaravirus panic in Brazil amid Coronavirus
- Soumya with future wife
- China returnee student shifted to Kurmitola
- Coronavirus: Death toll jumps to 900
- Saudi to invest $30bn in Bangladesh
- Mysterious disease left 15 dead in Nigerian
- Fire at DR Tower in Naya Paltan
- Coronovirus deaths surge past 1,300
- Coronavirus: Death toll rises to 1666
- 80 years of Tom & Jerry
- Marriage at office on Valentine’s Day getting no leave
- Uniform entry test in public universities from this year
- Integrated admission test for all public universities from now
- Boat capsize in Rangamati: 5 killed, 3 missing
- South Africa faces England in 1st T20 today
- 25-km tailback on Bangabandhu Bridge as toll plaza closed
- Death toll in China surges past 1,500