3 suffer burns from Keraniganj electrocution
Published: 02:40 PM, 5 March 2019
Three people, including two minors, were sustained burn injuries from electrocution in Chunkutia in Keraniganj of Dhaka.
They were admitted to the burn and plastic surgery unit of Dhaka Medical College Hospital (DMCH).
The incident took place around 11:00 pm on Tuesday. The injured Sohana (8) 10 percent, Sumi (18) 15 percent and Firoz (12) 60 percent were burnt.
DMCH camp inspector Md Bachchu Mia confirmed the incident.
Sub-inspector Yakub of South Keraniganj Police Station said the trio came in touch with a live electric wire around 10:30 am, leaving him injured.
“Being rescued by locals, the injured were sent to Dhaka Medical College Hospital in the capital,” he said.