Exim Bank Ltd.
Dhaka, Sunday 16 Dec, 2018
Headline:

3 of a family burnt in Savar gas cylinder blast

Savar CorrespondentDaily-Bangladesh.com
Leakage in the gas line of the cylinder originates gas cylinder blast on Saturday.

Three members of a family sustained burn injuries in a gas cylinder explosion in Ashulia of Savar early Saturday.

The injured were garment workers Akram Hossain, his wife Lovely Akhter and their eight-year old son Ashiqur Rahman, hailing from Madhukhali in Faridpur district.

Humayun Kabir, station officer of Ashulia DEPZ Fire Service and Civil Defence Station, said the gas spread all over in their room in a building owned by Mostafa Dewan in Pashchim Bypile area following a leakage in the gas line of the cylinder.

When one of the victims Lovely Akhter tried to ignite the stove for cooking around 5:00 am, the fire originated and the gas cylinder blasted with a bang soon it came into contact with the fire, said the station officer.

Hearing screaming of the house inmates, locals rescued them and took to a local hospital. As their condition deteriorated, they were shifted to Dhaka Medical College Hospital (DMCH).

The fire also damaged an electronic shop adjoining to the house, he added.

DailyBangladesh/Nishi

More Read