3 new coronavirus patients identified, 54 in total
Published: 12:44 PM, 1 April 2020 Updated: 03:39 PM, 1 April 2020
Health Minister Zahid Malik at online live video conference
Three people have been newly infected with coronavirus in the last 24 hours. With this, the number of affected patients has risen to 54, said Health Minister Zahid Malik on Wednesday.
He said this at a regular online live video conference of the Institute of Epidemiology Disease Control and Research (IEDCR) at 12:00 pm in the capital.
He also highlighted the citizens things to do to safeguard from coronavirus at the briefing.
The coronavirus, which was first detected in China in late December, is now a global epidemic as the virus has spread to about 200 countries and regions around the world – so far, 8,59,716 people affected and 42,340 people died, on the other hand, 1,66,441 people recovered.
The virus was detected first in Bangladesh on March 8. All schools, colleges and universities in the country have been declared closed for preventing the spread of coronavirus. Restrictions have been imposed on meetings and public gatherings.
All the markets in the country have been closed. The court has also closed. Even more than one area has been declared a lockdown. All public transport including buses, trains, launches has been closed. Armed forces have been deployed in all districts of the country to assist the local administration in this program.
- Noble made his wife Salsabil a model in music video
- Bank official’s body recovered 18hrs later since missing
- COVID-19: More than 9,000 recovered in country
- How to fight COVID-19 after May 30?
- Virtual Court: 20,937 bail order in 10 days
- Couple executed for violating quarantine in North Korea
- One-third COVID-19 recovered cops back to work
- Domestic flights from Jun 1: State Minister
- Bangabandhu Safari Park returns to life
- 5 policemen including OC contract COVID-19
- 23 fresh coronavirus cases recorded in Noakhali
- Warehouse official detained with 17 tons rice in Bogura
- Google`s new feature for handwriting softcopy
- 23 die, highest infection recorded in last 24 hrs
- La Liga season would have ended if Real Madrid were top!
- World records 116,000 coronavirus cases in one day
- Rain likely to continue for 3 more days
- 27 more infected with COVID-19 in Barishal division
- International Day of UN Peacekeepers today
- Newborn contracts coronavirus in Chattogram
- Trump signs executive order targeting social media
- Two brothers killed in Naogaon`s truck accident
- 5 doctors tested coronavirus positive in CoMCH
- 26 more contracted coronavirus in Faridpur
- Plasma Therapy: Experimental treatment begins in Khulna
- Riyad apologizes to all
- Trader’s mysterious death; hanging body recovered
- Take a view of heart disease symptoms to avoid risk
- No COVID-19 test in BITID for 3 days
- Happy birthday ‘Legendary Actor’ Humayun Faridi
- All News »
- Pak model Zara Abid feared dead in plane crash
- Noble got married for 3rd time seven months ago!
- 1694 infected in 24hrs, 24 more dead
- Death toll in Pakistan plane crash hits 66
- Thousands offer Eid prayers in knee-deep water
- 1532 new infected in 24 hrs, 28 die
- Dhaka’s air quality good today
- Three killed as microbus falls into Munshiganj ditch
- Popular model dead in Pakistan plane crash
- Noble faces RAB interrogation
- PIA flight with 98 passengers crashes in Pakistan
- Apurba and Tisha ‘Missing’
- Highest 1,975 COVID-19 cases in a day, 21 die
- Fire at United Hospital: 5 COVID-19 patients die
- Shokh herself reveals mystery of 2nd marriage?
- 20 die in 24 hrs, 1873 new infected
- Offices resume from May 31
- 22 die, 1541 infected in last 24 hours
- Japanese wrestler Hana Kimura dies
- Khashoggi’s sons forgive their father’s killers
- Coronavirus cases in country exceed 30,000
- Saudi among 3 countries announces Eid-ul-Fitr on Sunday
- It was a horrible night: Rukmini
- Coronavirus death toll rises to 342,396 globally
- Over 2000 infected in 24 hours, 15 dead
- Wuhan lab had three live bat coronaviruses
- Power bill deadline extended
- Statue in the name of Allah-Muhammad (PBUH)
- What to do if you miss the Eid prayer
- Eid-ul-Fitr to be celebrated tomorrow