3 more detected with coronavirus in Keraniganj, area ‘lockdown’
Published: 11:52 PM, 6 April 2020 Updated: 12:03 AM, 7 April 2020
Photo: Daily Bangladesh
Three more coronavirus patients have been identified in Keraniganj, Dhaka. After this, the neighborhood areas including Zinzira has ‘locked down’. With this, a total of four people in Keraniganj has been contracted by the virus.
Local MP Nasrul Hamid Bipu wrote in a Facebook post on Monday night that “the movement has been controlled in Zinzira. It has been forbidden to go outside except for buying foods, medicines. Do not go out daily to buy essential commodities. ‘Who and how many times they went out’ – it will be recorded in the register books in every alley.” He later urged everyone to stay home.
Earlier on Sunday, one has been identified with coronavirus at the Model Town area in Zinzira UP for the first time. The number has increased to four within 24 hours.
The virus was identified in the body of two persons – one aged 58, a resident of Hizaltala and another aged 55, a resident of Shuvaddya – on Monday, said Mir Mubarak Hossain, health officer of Keraniganj upazila.
Keraniganj Model Police Station Officer-in-Charge (OC) Kazi Mainul Islam said the entire Zinzira UP had been ‘locked down’. So far, three novel coronavirus patients have been identified here.
A novel coronavirus patient was also found at Rahmatpur in Zinzira, he also said.
Dhaka District Superintendent of Police Maruf Hossain Sardar said the movement of people in the entire Keraniganj has been severely restricted. No one is allowed to enter and exit from Keraniganj without an emergency.
So far in Bangladesh, 35 new COVID-19 cases found in the last 24 hours, in the meantime, the total cases have stood to 123, of them – 12 people have died. 33 people have recovered so far and 78 people are still undergoing treatment in different hospitals.
- Woman’s body found in Bogura
- Boyfriend handed over girl to friends after raping
- Specialized vehicle to collect samples in Tangail
- World Environment Day today
- Father-in-law & mother-in-law injured in son-in-law`s attack
- China to lift ban on foreign flights
- Facebook launches Manage Activity for deleting old posts
- Bangladesh Bank allows employees to work from home
- 7 things must be followed for safe journey
- Another 47 tested positive for coronavirus in Faridpur
- 18 more infected with COVID-19 in Jamalpur
- 132 more tested coronavirus positive in Chattogram
- Sylhet reports 60 more coronavirus cases
- Global coronavirus death toll surpasses 393,000
- Fire at Gazi Bhaban in the capital doused
- Govt is working hard to keep people safe: PM
- Arctic oil spill prompts Russia`s Putin to declare emergency
- Multi-storey building at Lalbagh catches fire
- Killing of pregnant elephant triggered mass outrage in India
- Transport leaders, workers agreed to stop extortion
- Pakistan’s furious warning to arch-rival India
- Teen-girl Adury changed to male naturally
- Interpol’s help will be sought to nab fugitives in abroad
- Grameenphone CEO meets BSEC Chairman
- Shoaib Akhtar accused of cybercrime
- Section 144 imposed in Sangsad Bhaban area
- 60 more contract COVID-19 in Gazipur
- Lightning kills 7 in 5 districts
- 6.5 magnitude earthquake jolts Indonesia
- A physician and two more die of COVID-19 in Chattogram
- All News »
- Noble made his wife Salsabil a model in music video
- 4 cops charged for killing a black man in US
- Killing of 26 Bangladeshis in Libya: Main culprit killed in drone strike
- 23 die, highest infection recorded in last 24 hrs
- Record deaths, infections in 24 hours
- Record new cases in 24 hours, 37 dead
- Anandabazar editor Anirban Chattopadhyay resigns
- Brazil’s COVID-19 deaths surge past Spain
- Over 2000 infected in 24hrs, 22 dead
- Electronic mask developed to prevent coronavirus!
- 1,256 more freedom fighters listed
- Slain 26 Bangladeshis to be buried in Libya
- BGMEA’s PCR lab for COVID-19 test opened
- 1764 infected in 24 hours, 28 dead
- Music director Wajid Khan dies
- SSC-equivalent results published, pass 82.87 pc
- Former national footballer Salauddin passes away
- Brutal murder story of Junko, who raped about 500 times in 44 day
- Chhatra League buries BNP leader
- A thrilling operation by Police: 6 youths rescued from Sundarbans
- 26 Bangladeshis shot dead in Libya
- Chinese COVID-19 fighters due June 8
- Over 2500 infected in 24 hours, 37 die
- COVID-19 death toll in country surpasses 600
- Trump announces US to sever all ties with WHO
- Mahathir expelled from party
- Happy birthday ‘Legendary Actor’ Humayun Faridi
- Over 125,000 cases reported globally in a day
- SSC result today: How to pre-register
- BRTA recommends to hike 80pc bus fare