3 more bodies recovered from Cox’s Bazar beach
Published: 11:17 AM, 12 July 2019 Updated: 01:04 PM, 12 July 2019
Three more bodies were recovered after recovering eight bodies from the sea beach of Cox’s Bazar after they washed up ashore in as many areas. So far, 11 bodies were recovered that washed up ashore.
On Thursday night, the three bodies were recovered from sea beach’s Samity Para area of the district. However, the identities of the bodies yet unknown.
“After recovering eight bodies — three more bodies were recovered at night. Of 11 bodies- 7 bodies were identified. Trying to identify the remaining is going on. DNA tests will be done to identify,” said Md Iqbal Hossain, Additional Police Super (Administration) of Cox’s Bazar after confirming the matter.
Meanwhile, two people were rescued alive in the incident. They are undergoing treatment at Cox’s Bazar Sadar Hospital.
“15 fishermen went to the sea on February 4 for fishing by ignoring the administration’s ban from Shamraj Ghat in Bhola’s Charfashion,” told Munir Majhi, who is undergoing treatment at Sadar Hospital.
On July 6 (Saturday) morning, their trawler caught in the sudden storm and overturned. They hold the trawler so that they can save their lives, he also said.
“We were trying to hold down the trawler after it hit by the waves. But then I didn’t see who went where,” said Munir Majhi adding, “In the meantime, I tied several bottles of water with the drum. It floats in the sea. I do not know how I came to the beach in Cox’s Bazar.”
- Hong Kong protesters march peacefully
- Marium, a lovely animal dies after eating plastic
- New Indonesian capital to be in Jungle?
- How to cook meat faster
- Tourists unhappy over Teknaf`s odor-pollution
- Fatima: The Wonder Lady!
- Rail links with Khulna snapped
- Maududist modern era devil: Agriculture Minister
- ‘Blood Bank of Kaliganj’ saved thousand lives
- ‘Mayaboti’ release date scheduled
- Dressing room rift misinterpreted in media: Mahmudullah
- Humayun for all-side interest on rawhide issue
- Tannery owners to buy rawhide form tomorrow
- JKS for transport workers’ fixed work hrs rein road accident
- How long should Kashmiris wait for peace?
- JnU’s Olympiad winner dies
- Day laborer Dalip Singh became ‘Great Khali’
- Shirin Sharmin to join South Asian Speakers’ Summit
- 1 day after buying bike, youth killed in accident
- Happy birthday Mia Bhai
- Serious health risk in handling taka: research reveals
- Minni’s bail petition to HC again
- Cumilla road crash: 6 of a family among deceased
- Jumps from boat get a divorce!
- DMP files 4,780 cases over traffic violations
- Tk 120 cr allotted for flood recovery
- Writ seeking HC order to find out culprits in rawhide fall
- Man killed in Dhaka road crash
- How to advance in career when your boss won’t help
- Action against bribe payer too: PM
- All News »
- Truck driver rescues girl from rape on moving bus
- National Mourning Day Thursday
- 7 killed as auto-rickshaw crashes into bus
- Priyanka anxious over Nick’s diabetes!
- Karchi flood: Death toll rises to 11
- Immortal sayings of Bangabandhu
- Holly Eid-ul-Azha tomorrow
- Jacqueline stuns in yellow during birthday trip in Sri Lanka
- Kona disclosed her marriage 3 months later!
- Fire breaks out at Mirpur slum
- 60pc animal waste of Capital disposed
- PM visits conjoined twins Rabeya, Rukaya at CMH
- Army Chief off to Indonesia Sunday
- Removal of animal wastes almost completed: DSCC Mayor
- Nayan`s last SMS to Minni
- Two Bangladeshis killed in Saudi road crash
- Keep environment clean to prevent dengue: President
- Mirpur slum fire doused
- No foreign prog broadcast without permission
- Pak-India war! 8 soldiers killed on LoC
- Last Hajj ritual heralds Eid Al-Azha
- Tailback, heat forced passengers becomes ill
- 63 Bangladeshi Hajj pilgrims died in Saudi Arabia
- 2 gang rape accused killed in gunfight
- 4 of a family killed in M’singh bus-car collision
- Flood victims to get 24,000 houses
- `Our prayer for abolition of evil power`
- 8 births recorded during Hajj 2019
- Huge crowd at terminals
- BCB seek clarity from Mashrafe Mortaza about ODI future