3 killed in Cox’s Bazar road accident
Published: 09:34 AM, 2 January 2020 Updated: 10:08 AM, 2 January 2020
Three people were reportedly killed when a bus hit a private car on Chattogram-Cox’s Bazar Highway at Joalianala in Ramu Upazila on Wednesday night.
The deceased were identified as Jan-e Alam, 35, of Aturar Dipo; Masud Kibria, 40, of Halishohor; and Jamal Uddin, 35, of West Nasirabad. All three areas are under Chattogram City.
Abul Khayer, officer-in-charge of Ramu Police Station, said the accident took place around 10:30pm.
“A Cox’s Bazar-bound bus of ‘Shyamoli Paribahan’ from Chattogram hit a private car head-on. Two of the car’s passengers were killed on the spot and another was injured,” he said.
Joalianala UP chairman Kamal Shamsuddin Ahmed Prince said the Chittagong-bound Shyamoli bus pushed Cox's Bazar-bound private car. The car gets stuck under the bus. Fire service personnel rescued the victims. Among the rescues, Shishir was rushed to a local hospital in a critical condition.
In-charge inspector of the Ramu Crossing Tulatuli Highway Police, Abu Abdullah, said that a private car Chattogram Metto GA- 13-5211 collided with a Shyamoli bus Dhaka Metto BA-15-1105. Three passengers in the car were killed. The killer and victim vehicles were taken into highway police custody.
Accidents are common on Bangladesh’s highways. On average, the country saw about 11.56 accidents per day in 2019. Reckless driving is one of the leading causes.
As many as 4,628 people were killed and 8,621 others suffered injuries in 4,219 road accidents last year, according to a report of Shipping and Communication Reporters’ Forum.
- PM for integrated development plans
- South Africa level T20 series over Australia
- Women’s Euro 2021 to kick off at Old Trafford
- Du Preez the hero as South Africa beat England
- Experience the world with Samsung Galaxy S20 series
- 6 of same family receive burn injury in Sirajganj
- Sheikh Hasina pushes country forward, others retreat
- Malaysia to form new government!
- Fake BGB member detained in Dinajpur
- Carter Center delegation calls on Chief Information Commissioner
- Qatar expat Bangladeshi`s body found in friend`s refrigerator!
- 3 held with yaba in DU residential building
- 4 detained with phensidyl in Sirajganj
- President asks Army to get ready for supreme sacrifice
- Youth held in anti-narcotic drive in Sylhet
- Papiya expelled from Jubo League
- 1 detained with weed in Cumilla
- Turkey and Pakistan close borders with Iran
- Officials have to reach farmers’ doors: Abdur Razzak
- South Zone in command as Farhad hits ton
- 23 Feb golden day of Bengali nation
- 2 CoU students join SAUFEST-2020
- 5 held in anti-narcotic drive in Rangpur
- DMP detained 54 in anti-narcotic drive
- Handsome salary for less educated!
- 2 killed as bus hits motorcycle in Capital
- Youth detained with yaba in Manikganj
- 1 killed in Gopalganj road crash
- Two rookies in ODI squad
- GP pays Tk 1,000 crore to BTRC
- All News »
- 8 of a family burnt in N’ganj gas burner explosion
- Excellent puzzled day after 808 yrs
- Korea to provide scanners to diagnose coronavirus to Bangladesh
- Amar Ekushey and International Mother Language Day today
- Good news to honey farmers
- Coronavirus: 10,844 discharged from hospital
- Arms, alcohol recovered from Papiya’s residence
- 25-km tailback on Bangabandhu Bridge as toll plaza closed
- Actor Tapas Paul passes away
- Srijit’s anger over Tahsan
- 1st coach of Metro rail arrived
- Father of cut-copy-paste dies
- Coronavirus: Death toll rises to 1666
- Bangladesh wants Qatar`s support for Rohingya repatriation
- BUET avoids combined admission test
- Coronavirus death toll crosses 2000
- ‘Returnee from China-Singapore doesn’t mean coronavirus infected’
- CUET student Tahmid dies
- Mother with dead daughter in VR show
- Ivanka Trump wears hijab for mosque visit
- Coronavirus: Elderly and sick are most at risk
- PM hands over Ekushey Padak-2020
- Kidney Specialist without certificate!
- 14 children among 22 killed in Cameroon massacre
- Man City, Man United, Inter Milan to play today
- Israeli soldiers duped by Hamas
- 19 case accused killed in two groups’ gunfight
- Hundreds of thousands of mussels dead in New Zealand heatwave
- Technical students to get more financial assistance: PM
- Crowd erupted at Shaheed Minar