3 instruments likely to be signed in PM’s Dubai visit
Published: 09:39 AM, 15 November 2019 Updated: 04:05 PM, 15 November 2019
Bangladesh and the United Arab Emirates are expected to sign three instruments during Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina’s Dubai visit to inaugurate NID registration program for Non-Resident Bangladeshis (NRBs) from November 16 to 19, informed foreign minister DR AK Abdul Momen.
“Two bilateral cooperation documents and a protocol will be signed during the visit,” he told a media briefing at the foreign ministry last evening.
Momen said the tour, however, was going to Dubai at the invitation of its ruler Sheikh Mohammad Bin Rashed al Maktoum to join the Dubai Air Show-2019 and other programs.
Apart from Ruler of Dubai, Momen said Sheikh Hasina will also hold a meeting with Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi and Deputy Supreme Commander of the UAE Armed Forces Sheikh Mohammed Bin Zayed Al Nahyan, and UAE’s Supreme Chairwoman of the Family Development Foundation Sheikha Fatima Bint Mubarak.
The three instruments, expected to be signed between the two countries, are bilateral cooperation between Bangladesh Investment Development Authority and Emirates Development Authority, between Bangladesh Economic Zone Authority and Emirates Economic Zone Authority and protocol on Allotment of Land-Plot for Bangladesh Embassy in Abu Dhabi.
“The Hon’ble Prime Minister will inaugurate NID registration program of the nonresident Bangladeshi living in the UAE at the Embassy of Abu Dhabi,” Momen said.
The registration facility is expected to benefit the Bangladesh expatriates living in UAE for whom it is difficult to come to Bangladesh for registration purpose which involves expenditure and time.
During the visit, the Prime Minister is also expected to meet with big UAE investor groups and business people of the UAE, Momen said adding that the foreign minister said the UAE has already shown interest to develop Seaport and related infrastructure in Bangladesh.
Besides, he said the Emirates Economic would like to invest in the waste management sector and create a hub in Bangladesh Economic Zone for international exports of Halal products to the gulf countries.
“It is expected that the visit will have a positive impact on UAE investment to Bangladesh in different sectors and will help in enhancing cooperation between the investment authorities,” Momen said.
The foreign minister also said Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina will also visit Kolkata on November 22 to watch the first day of the Bangladesh-India Test match.
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina will be treated as a State Guest there as she is going there at an invitation letter from her Indian counterpart Narendra Modi, he added.
- Merkel visits Auschwitz for first time
- No change in post of AL president in next council: Quader
- Mithila-Srijit’s honeymoon to Switzerland
- Rebels kill 17 in eastern Congo
- Shakhawat, Rokeya win silver in SAG weightlifting
- Mithila tie knot with Srijit
- Myanmar Navy handed over 17 Bangladeshi fishermen
- Saudi Aramco raises $25.6 billion in biggest-ever IPO
- Cosmos Dialogue on Bangladesh-Canada trade tomorrow
- Gas supply to stay shut in Farmgate, Shukrabad tomorrow
- Radish’s ‘Jafrani kabab’
- Minister laid Press Club building foundation stone in Kaliakair
- ‘No one will be exempted involving corruption’
- Bogura Zilla Awami League council tomorrow
- BNP’s behaviour in court unpardonable: Quader
- RAB detained 3 members of snatcher cycle
- Bangladeshi archers shine on opening day
- Modi, Pranab, Sonia to join Bangabandhu`s birth centenary
- Agriculture Minister inaugurates ‘Krisoker Bazar’
- Three TV channels to broadcast BPL opening ceremony live
- Pancake without eggs!
- Language movement-liberation war’s colorful paintings on wall
- Child body recover from pond
- Giant ‘Tiger Shark’ caught in Chattogram
- ACC detained 2 civil aviation officials
- Pele’s last Brazil jersey sells for 30,000 euros in Italy
- 23 kidnapped from Mexican rehab clinic
- Bangladesh to honour 380 Indian soldiers: FM
- New South Wales bushfires condition worsen
- Hemayet 5th World Carrom rankings
- All News »
- ‘Bangla’ recognized as 2nd official language in London
- Mohammed Rezwan, floating school innovator named as ‘Earth Hero’
- Physician couple in Dr Baker’s place, serving poor people
- VP Nur’s phone talks leaked
- ‘No Dorai’ released at 8 halls
- Srijit-Mithila’s wedding today
- Get about newly elected Metropolitan AL leaders
- Trump makes surprise visit to Afghanistan
- 2 Jabale Nur drivers among 3 get life-term
- PM opens AL’s Dhaka City units council
- Messi bags Ballon d’Or for record sixth time
- 7 dead in small plane crash in Canada
- Adequate vegetables in market, onion prices still not fall
- ‘Bangabandhu Express’ to run from victory day
- Shaon in bridal dress!
- BD scientist photo likely in UK currency soon
- UN chief says humanity’s ‘war against nature’ must stop
- Video app TikTok unblocks teen who posted on China`s Muslims
- Sunny Leone’s ‘Hello G’
- Siam’s new look in ‘Ittefaq’
- Bridge attacker jailed for terror crimes: UK police
- Truck loaded with 40-ton onion missing
- PM flies to Spain on Sunday to join COP25
- ‘Daughter in admissions scandal’ Olivia returns to YouTube
- Kushtia double murder case: 4 to die, 7 get life term
- ‘Hotath Bristi’ actress June Malia gets married
- COP25 island nation in `fight to death`
- Shakib elected Player of the Year even after ban
- Euro-2020: Match schedule
- Flower blooms with Azan