3 including loco master, director of Turna suspended
Published: 12:45 PM, 12 November 2019 Updated: 08:19 PM, 12 November 2019
The loco master, assistant loco master and director of Turna Nishita have been temporarily suspended over the fatal collision of two trains on the Dhaka-Chattogram route in Mandbagh railway station under Kasba Upazila of Brahmanbaria.
They were suspended on Tuesday morning, said Mia Jahan, Additional Director General (Operations) of Railway. However, their names were not immediately known.
He said it was initially known that the driver of the Turna Nishita entered the wrong line by disobeying the signal. “The driver, assistant driver and director (guard) of the train were temporarily suspended due to the accident,” he added.
Until the latest news, At least 16 people were killed and more than half a hundred were injured in a collision took place between Dhaka-bound ‘Turna Nishitha’ from Chattogram with ‘Udayan Express’ from Sylhet via Chattogram in Mandbagh railway station under Kasba Upazila at around 2:45 am on Monday night.
Brahmanbaria DC Hayat-ud-Doula Khan said “nine of the deceased died on the spot, three at Sadar Hospital, three at Kasba Upazila Health Complex and one at Cumilla Sadar Hospital”.
Meanwhile, Three probe bodies have been formed to investigate the cause of the tragic accident. The district administration has formed a three-member probe committee while Bangladesh Railway formed two separate probe bodies.
Besides, Railway Minister Nurul Islam Sujan has announced to provide financial assistance of Tk 1.25 lakh to the families who killed in the train accident.
- Merkel visits Auschwitz for first time
- No change in post of AL president in next council: Quader
- Mithila-Srijit’s honeymoon to Switzerland
- Rebels kill 17 in eastern Congo
- Shakhawat, Rokeya win silver in SAG weightlifting
- Mithila tie knot with Srijit
- Myanmar Navy handed over 17 Bangladeshi fishermen
- Saudi Aramco raises $25.6 billion in biggest-ever IPO
- Cosmos Dialogue on Bangladesh-Canada trade tomorrow
- Gas supply to stay shut in Farmgate, Shukrabad tomorrow
- Radish’s ‘Jafrani kabab’
- Minister laid Press Club building foundation stone in Kaliakair
- ‘No one will be exempted involving corruption’
- Bogura Zilla Awami League council tomorrow
- BNP’s behaviour in court unpardonable: Quader
- RAB detained 3 members of snatcher cycle
- Bangladeshi archers shine on opening day
- Modi, Pranab, Sonia to join Bangabandhu`s birth centenary
- Agriculture Minister inaugurates ‘Krisoker Bazar’
- Three TV channels to broadcast BPL opening ceremony live
- Pancake without eggs!
- Language movement-liberation war’s colorful paintings on wall
- Child body recover from pond
- Giant ‘Tiger Shark’ caught in Chattogram
- ACC detained 2 civil aviation officials
- Pele’s last Brazil jersey sells for 30,000 euros in Italy
- 23 kidnapped from Mexican rehab clinic
- Bangladesh to honour 380 Indian soldiers: FM
- New South Wales bushfires condition worsen
- Hemayet 5th World Carrom rankings
- All News »
- ‘Bangla’ recognized as 2nd official language in London
- Mohammed Rezwan, floating school innovator named as ‘Earth Hero’
- Physician couple in Dr Baker’s place, serving poor people
- VP Nur’s phone talks leaked
- ‘No Dorai’ released at 8 halls
- Srijit-Mithila’s wedding today
- Get about newly elected Metropolitan AL leaders
- Trump makes surprise visit to Afghanistan
- 2 Jabale Nur drivers among 3 get life-term
- PM opens AL’s Dhaka City units council
- Messi bags Ballon d’Or for record sixth time
- 7 dead in small plane crash in Canada
- Adequate vegetables in market, onion prices still not fall
- ‘Bangabandhu Express’ to run from victory day
- Shaon in bridal dress!
- BD scientist photo likely in UK currency soon
- UN chief says humanity’s ‘war against nature’ must stop
- Video app TikTok unblocks teen who posted on China`s Muslims
- Sunny Leone’s ‘Hello G’
- Siam’s new look in ‘Ittefaq’
- Bridge attacker jailed for terror crimes: UK police
- Truck loaded with 40-ton onion missing
- PM flies to Spain on Sunday to join COP25
- ‘Daughter in admissions scandal’ Olivia returns to YouTube
- Kushtia double murder case: 4 to die, 7 get life term
- ‘Hotath Bristi’ actress June Malia gets married
- COP25 island nation in `fight to death`
- Shakib elected Player of the Year even after ban
- Euro-2020: Match schedule
- Flower blooms with Azan