3 electrocuted in Capital`s Malibagh
Published: 07:30 PM, 5 June 2021
Dhaka Medical College Hospital; File Photo
Three people, including two children, have died after being electrocuted through rainwater at Chowdhurypara in the capital's Malibagh on Saturday noon.
Khilgaon fire station duty officer Ronnie confirmed the matter to Daily Bangladesh.
The deceased were identified as, Jhuma (12), Sabina (10), and Abul (65).
He added that they lived in a tin-shed house. The gate of their house is electrified. One person died on the spot when he came in touch with the gate. Two more died on the way to the hospital.
Sabina's mother Kulsum Begum said when an electric cable fell on our house during rain around noon it got electrocuted. Later my daughter was electrocuted. When another child and security guard came to rescue her they also electrocuted.
Being informed local power office switched off power connections in the area and the three were rescued. Two of them were taken to a hospital in Malibagh Railgate area while one was taken to Dhaka Medical College (DMC) Hospital. But none of them survived.
Bachchu Mia, in charge of the police camp at DMCH, confirmed the incident and said the bodies were kept in Dhaka Medical College Hospital morgue for post mortem examinations.