3 electrocuted in Bogura...

Dhaka, Tuesday   26 October 2021

3 electrocuted in Bogura

 Bogura Correspondent daily-bangladesh.com

 Published: 03:53 PM, 11 October 2021  

File Photo

File Photo

Three people died after being electrocuted while trying to fix a torn wire used for drying clothes in Sherpur upazila of Bogura on Monday morning.

The deceased were identified as Khitish Mahato Budu, Palash Mahato and Khitish Mahato of Churkuta village in Bishalpur union.

Sherpur Police Station officer-in-charge Shahidul Islam confirmed the information.

According to police and locals, Budu was trying to fix a torn string in front of his house when he came into contact with an electric wire. His neighbours Palash and Khitish came to his rescue but got themselves electrocuted also.

Later, locals cut off the electricity connection and rushed them to the hospital. Budu and Palash died on the spot while Khitish was declared dead after being taken to the hospital.

The bodies of the three have been handed over to their families, the OC added.

DailyBangladesh/AN