Aritree suicide issue
3 Viqarunnisa teachers suspended
Published: 09:31 PM, 5 December 2018 Updated: 09:46 PM, 5 December 2018
Daily Bangladesh Desk
The governing body of Viqarunnisa Noon School and College on Wednesday suspended its three teachers, including acting Principal Nazneen Ferdous and morning shift in-charge Jeenat Akhter, over the suicide of its student Aritree Adhikari.
The decision was taken at a special meeting of the governing held in the evening.
Earlier in the day, the Ministry of Education sent a letter to the police and Rapid Action Battalion (Rab) directing them to take legal action against the three teachers for their rude behavior with Aritree that prompted her to commit suicide.
The letter has been sent to the Director General of Rab and the Dhaka Metropolitan Police Commissioner.
The other teacher is class teacher Hasna Hena.
Meanwhile, the Education Ministry has sent another letter to the Dhaka Education Board Chairman for taking departmental actions, including their suspension, against the teachers.
Besides, another letter sent to the Director General of the Secondary and Higher Secondary Education Directorate asking it to take steps to suspend their salary and allowances.
The Education Ministry on Tuesday formed a three-member probe committee which found three teachers of Viqarunnisa Noon School and College responsible for the suicide of AritreeAdhikari.
Aritree Adhikari, a Class-IX student, committed suicide at their Shantinagar residence in the city on Monday after being rebuked by the teachers for using a mobile phone during the examination.
- 1 killed as tree fall in capital, 7 injured
- Saudi Arabia strikes $10bn China deal
- Students’ council formed in 8,684 schools
- Fire broke in Cumilla Moon Hospital
- ‘Chemical’ evidence found in Churihatta fire incident
- Wazed Mia works for humanity: Speaker
- Ultra-processed foods links cancer risk
- 10 shops gutted in Melandaha
- None would be able to destroy Bengali culture: PM
- Kartoa land more fertile for tea: Experts
- BNP’s anti-govt comts over city fire improper: Hasan
- Chelsea banned from signing new players
- W.House to keep 200 troops in Syria
- Kartoa Valley land more fertile for tea cultivation: Experts
- Pres at doa for Chawkbazar victims
- DNA samples collected to identify charred bodies
- `Govt instructs to shift godowns from old Dhaka`
- Saudi crown prince meets Chinese president, bags oil deal
- 80 grave ready in Azimpur
- Venezuela seals border
- Unknown panic in Bilchandak!
- Mosquitos killed more humans than all wars
- Dipu Moni emphasizes on lifelong learning for sustainable dev
- No gate keeper in rail crossing
- 7.5 quake hits Peru-Ecuador border
- World`s largest bee found in INDO
- Youth hacked dead in Gazipur
- Chawkbazar fire: Chandpur`s 2 dead
- Kulkhani and Doa Mahfil tomorrow
- ‘Uro Megher Boshonto’ of Nilanjana Neela
- All News »
- ‘Work with history of country’s Language Movement’
- Pakistan summons Indian envoy to protest `baseless allegations`
- Another spell of gas suspension in Capital Tuesday
- 16 burnt, 50 injured in Churihatta fire
- JnU BCL committee dissolved
- BCL factional clash hurt 45 in JnU
- Daily Bangladesh mourns death in Chawkbazar fire
- “AL not embarrassed of BNP’s case against polls”
- Drug trader hurt in Chatmohor gunfight
- Mithun`s fifty takes Bangladesh to 226
- Gas supply shutdown in Dhaka including Savar
- Nation set to pay homage to language martyrs
- Ali, employee of Daily Bangladesh, injured in road crash
- Barcelona, Man City to play tonight
- NZ clinch ODI series 2-0 against Tigers
- “’Fagun Haway’ will inspire new generation in patriotism”
- Japan probe Hayabusa2 makes asteroid landing
- Hong Kong stocks open lower
- Death toll in Nigeria attack doubles to 130
- Samsung to launch US retail stores in smartphone push
- Prominent poet Al Mahmud dies
- Last tributes to poet Al Mahmud at Bangla Academy
- 1st phase of nomination withdrawal ends today
- General Osmani’s 35th death anniversary today
- Navy Chief in UAE arms exhibition
- Sadhan urges officials to brighten up govt image
- Zulfikar Ali will survive if he got your help
- Barrister Razzaq resigns from Jamaat
- SERG Zahurul Haque’s death anniversary observed
- No pardon for drug traders: IGP